Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Rhino Keeper
    So we can only buy one purple alicorn now? For 50 gold coins and then the option to buy it disappears from the research center.

I would never have bought the beast bane knowing the mythic research center would only allow you to buy one of each item in it.

I can understand modifying the coins to buy the purple alicorn but not without notification, and not to make it one use only.

I really wonder why I keep being surprised that these same type of shenanigans happen, over and over.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by arikasi View Post
    So we can only buy one purple alicorn now? For 50 gold coins and then the option to buy it disappears from the research center.

I would never have bought the beast bane knowing the mythic research center would only allow you to buy one of each item in it.

I can understand modifying the coins to buy the purple alicorn but not without notification, and not to make it one use only.

I really wonder why I keep being surprised that these same type of shenanigans happen, over and over.
    What is up with this, S8? You disappointed your player base with the glimmer egg fiasco, then somewhat corrected it. Then you DELIGHTED US ALL with a marvelous monster hunt and great additions, including the purple Ali. And now this? One time craft? A 1000% (one thousand percent) increase?

This is what I am hoping happened:

S8 is writing code for next week's update, and they're testing it out. PikaSquirrel said they were working on making things ready and working for next week's update. So, somehow THE CODE GOT MESSED UP AND SPLASHED ONTO MYTHICAL CENTER CODE AND AFFECTED THE PURPLE ALICORN INFORMATION AND MADE IT GO ONE-TIME CRAFT AND COST TEN TIMES MORE, AND IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE AND WILL BE CORRECTED ASAP.

Because it doesn't make sense any other way.

I do think they miscalculated with the purple alicorns by making them too powerful. Speaking as someone who invested quite a bit in the white alicorns, it was like having my investment invalidated to suddenly have purple alicorns that are 7x more powerful and basically free. But the way to fix that is to put the purple alicorns on parity with all the others, so that they drop energy like either a pinky or a white one. I paid $15 to get enough gems for that Beastbane display (I was cleaned out from the recent new gem trap) and the only reason I got it was so that I could make purple alicorns. Now I feel like I was ripped off, especially with this following hard on the heels of that ridiculous energy gem trap. I think they ought to give all of us Beastbane owners a 200 gem rebate!
    From the kingdom of Albion.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    What is up with this, S8? You disappointed your player base with the glimmer egg fiasco, then somewhat corrected it. Then you DELIGHTED US ALL with a marvelous monster hunt and great additions, including the purple Ali. And now this? One time craft? A 1000% (one thousand percent) increase?

This is what I am hoping happened:

S8 is writing code for next week's update, and they're testing it out. PikaSquirrel said they were working on making things ready and working for next week's update. So, somehow THE CODE GOT MESSED UP AND SPLASHED ONTO MYTHICAL CENTER CODE AND AFFECTED THE PURPLE ALICORN INFORMATION AND MADE IT GO ONE-TIME CRAFT AND COST TEN TIMES MORE, AND IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE AND WILL BE CORRECTED ASAP.

Because it doesn't make sense any other way.
    That's what i m hoping for too! I know it sounds too silly but Maybe Somehow it's actually an unintentional error...

Rhino Keeper
    Miscalculated... No!
    very well calculated!
    if they had put this price from the beginning no one would have bought the beastbane and the MRC, and no one would would have spent a lot of gems and many money in that items.
    They sells a very interesting item and every body bought it. After this they change the characteristic of the item to make that item totally useless

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by paisdelasmaravillas View Post
    Miscalculated... No!
    very well calculated!
    if they had put this price from the beginning no one would have bought the beastbane and the MRC, and no one would would have spent a lot of gems and many money in that items.
    They sells a very interesting item and every body bought it. After this they change the characteristic of the item to make that item totally useless
    Totally agree!

Rhino Keeper
    Was too mad to write last night, I Would not have been able to obey forum rules.

For different reasons I had missed out on two monster hunts, but was slowly saving up for a kitchen (my fifth so no hurry). Then came the MRC. Yay! When the hunt ended I had the MRC with 3 gold coins left. Was really tempted to buy a couple of purple alis but resisted. What I like of these games is to work my way towards goals and earn the prizes. Besides there was no time limit and monster hunts were guaranteed to reappear. The plan was 2 purple alis, the locket, maybe a purple dragon to have a complete set, and then back to saving up for the kitchen.

Well my kingdom can now stay purple-free!!

Executive Chef
    Attachment 30696
    Really come on S/8 is this a bug or did you jump up that much.. 5 to 50 is huge
    Help Spirt can you check this for us

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Attachment 30696
    Really come on S/8 is this a bug or did you jump up that much.. 5 to 50 is huge
    Help Spirt can you check this for us
    And you can only craft one.

Executive Chef
    I don't even feel like opening the game anymore now... I understand that it was probably too much energy too easily but if they're going to allow us to craft only one (more) they should at least have left the price at 5 tokens AND introduced a new craftable Ali to take its place.