Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

In relation to the change made today in the Mythic Research Centre and Glimmer Alicorn craft:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've posted in a few places, but please be patient while we wait for a response from S8.... thanks.
    Response from S8: 1. click here to go to post; 2. click here to go to post

Response provided on resolution:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    We'd like to apologize for the frustration this change has caused. The Glimmer Alicorn was not intended to be unlimited and with a guaranteed Energy refill. To address this and ensure the prolonged quality of the game, we had to make a few immediate changes to this item.

We appreciate your feedback and after careful discussion, we have made the following changes.

• The Energy loot will be random with a chance to get up to 40 Energy.
    • The Glimmer Alicorn craft will now require 25 Troll Tokens instead of 50.
    • The limit of 1 will remain going forward. Players who already have multiples will be able to keep them.

For the inconvenience, we have credited back 25 Troll Tokens to anyone who has crafted this Alicorn for 50 Troll Tokens. Thank you everyone so much for all of the feedback you have shared with us and for your patience. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I will update the various guides and information in this post as soon as I can.... SW
    ****If anyone has spent 50 tokens and not received their refund, can you please let me know by PM and I'll help.****

Update from today (Pika):
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Hi everyone,

Again we sincerely apologize for the frustration these changes has caused.

If you would like to have your Troll Tokens or Beastbane Display refunded, please write to support@storm8.com and be sure to include the following:
    • Type in "Glimmer Alicorn Changes" in the title and body of your text so we can find your ticket quickly
    • Storm8 ID

PLEASE WRITE IN BY 5/30/16. (Please keep in mind this is a refund so we will be removing the items and refunding the resources used to obtain the items.)
    Notice of increased moderation: Please be familiar with the forum rules and policies. This thread is under moderation. -Elsa
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 06-07-16 at 05:58 PM.

Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - crafts and out of season information

this information is now incorrect and will be updated. SW

I thought it might be easier for us to use a new thread for out of season information about the items available in the Trade Wagon.
    * Yes there will be more Monster Hunts!*

Links:
    Season 5 Monster Hunt (expired) Closed thread
    Legendary Trap
    Cooking Camp or Mythic Research Centre

Gold troll tokens will only drop from the Beastbane Display out of season. If you do not have this item, then you need to wait for the next season to continue accumulating gold tokens.

Trade Wagon crafts

* These crafts are visible in and out of season and available in the Trade Wagon until you complete them.

Crafting time
    Cost Links
    Cooking Camp 16 hours 99 gold tokens Building Guide Crafting link
    Princess Lorelei's Fountain ? 2 Blue Sapphires which are 10 gold tokens each to purchase.
    The Fountain drops gold tokens only during monster hunts.
    You get 3 gold tokens as a reward for this craft.
    Building Guide Resources link (under P)
    Cabbage Hut 16 hours 70 gold tokens Building Guide link (for Baron's Tent)
    Ornate Locket 10 minutes 5 gold tokens
    Once you craft the Locket the story ends (for now!)
    Mythic Research Center 16 hours 70 gold tokens Crafting Buildings Guide link

The Beastbane Display

* The Beastbane Display will continue its normal drops outside of Monster Hunt seasons.

* Because drops are continuous, summoning animals through the Mythic Research Center will require Sword or Staff Tokens, and those will be available to you at all times, (ie, you can continue to craft glimmer alicorns and glimmer dragons when you get the resources anytime).

Beastbane Display
    Found: market, 400 gems
    Drops: sword tokens, staff tokens, gold troll token (in and out of seasons)
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Season 5 Monster Hunt Thread | Beastbane Display Thread

The Cabbage Hut (iOS only)

* You can either purchase 1 cabbage hut in the market for 450 gems and/or you can get another one through the trade wagon for 70 tokens. The trade wagon provides an alternate way to get the cabbage hut.

* If you purchase a cabbage hut with tokens, it unlocks the goal in the market and you can purchase the cabbage hut or 100 coins. It comes fully built.

* You can collect from the Hut every 22 hours. 1 cabbage drops.

Legendary Trap

Legendary Trap
    Found: market, 25 gems
    Uses: spawns a random beast (Blue Dire Boar or Purple Glimmer Golem)
    Thread
    Drops during a Monster Hunt: Gold troll token, Shield tokens, Sword tokens and Staff tokens
    Drops between events: Gold tokens will drop, but they are rare.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-19-16 at 08:26 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I know the event is supposedly finished... But I'm still getting Tokens and have all the trades in the trade wagon...

I know .... it must be a timey wimey thing! They will stop without notice shortly.

Rhino Keeper
    Taking advantage of the last few minutes in the meantime....

Rhino Keeper
    Is the legendary trap for one time use or does it spawn over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCarolyn View Post
    Is the legendary trap for one time use or does it spawn over and over again?
    one time use... it's similar to the other traps you can purchase. It will spawn a dire boar or golem, so out of season it's a big energy waster as silver tokens won't drop. You need to decide whether the chance of a gold token dropping is worth the 25 gems.

Burning question-the beastbane drops tokens in and out of seasons. Out of season After a while, will the staff and sword tokens reach their limit and extras be wasted since there will be no gold trade in the hut?
    Wielder of the first imitation Thuakie Sword! ⚪✈➖➖➖▶ Fighting imaginary dragons with costume swords. Level 50, accepts new neighbors. Now free player due to kingdom inn, glimmer Ali, and onyx board.

Quote Originally Posted by dipwid View Post
    Burning question-the beastbane drops tokens in and out of seasons. Out of season After a while, will the staff and sword tokens reach their limit and extras be wasted since there will be no gold trade in the hut?
    If you have the MRC, then because the Display only drops sword and staff tokens, you can use them (plus the other item) for a glimmer alicorn or glimmer dragon. I guess there is the likelihood that you'll max on one of those silver tokens, yes.

Also think of how many times you can collect from in 6 weeks which is about the time between events. I guess it also depends on how many you have once the monsters stop dropping tokens.

If you have the MRC, then because the Display only drops sword and staff tokens, you can use them (plus the other item) for a glimmer alicorn or glimmer dragon. I guess there is the likelihood that you'll max on one of those silver tokens, yes.

Also think of how many times you can collect from in 6 weeks which is about the time between events. I guess it also depends on how many you have once the monsters stop dropping tokens.
    I don't have the Mrc; I've only acquired 62 tokens in 5 seasons. If trade post would allow gold trades of extras dropped by beastbane I would consider buying it. But if I'm maxed on sword and staff and can't trade them I would have to wait until beastbane would drop 8 more troll tokens; during the wait, wouldn't we waste more sword and staff tokens since those trades would not be available. Is this correct?

Yes, you're correct SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-18-16 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation

Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast