Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newspapers refreshed twice per interval

Executive Chef
    My connectivity is fine too, and I know it is not caused by recent updates because I have had this happen for months now. Guess it is just one of those annoying bugs I have to live with! It is funny how many times I have seen something I am desperate for disappear in the blink of an eye though.........

Grand Emperor
    Gentle reminder:

Can you guys try the suggestion given by the team and let us know if it helps to lessen this issue? Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    The team has tested this over the weekend but unable to get the refresh in the Newspaper Stand. :/ For the meantime, for those of you who are encountering this, they suggested prior going to the stand to visit a neighbour to save your progress to see if that helps lessen the refreshing. Please let us know if this helps.

Can you guys also help to monitor if your internet connection is good or poor when this happens? Whatever information/feedback you can give will be most helpful. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Following up on this issue. Here's the reply from the team. Just so you know that I have been testing my newspapers but didnt encounter this.

Question: Was there any change for newspaper feature in newer versions?
    Answer: No, they havent made any changes to this feature.

The team has tested this over the weekend but unable to get the refresh in the Newspaper Stand. :/ For the meantime, for those of you who are encountering this, they suggested prior going to the stand to visit a neighbour to save your progress to see if that helps lessen the refreshing. Please let us know if this helps.

Can you guys also help to monitor if your internet connection is good or poor when this happens? Whatever information/feedback you can give will be most helpful. Thank you.

It is not a syncing error. I have the problem happen even when the game is freshly loaded and synced with the server.

It is not a connectivity issue. I have a very good connection here and the glitch happens always within 1 or 2 seconds after a newspaper refresh. If the internet was dropping, it would not happen consistently at the same time.

This issue is not from a recent update. It has been happening for months. At least 6 months, if not more.

How long did the team check the newspaper for? It does not happen every refresh. It is apparent to players who spend a lot of time sitting watching the newspaper. I would say if I was to watch the newspaper for half an hour, I would expect to see the glitch at least once.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Grand Emperor
    ciarjen - in short, are you saying you did try the suggestion and it didn't work? Which version was it previously working? I had asked about the various recent versions but no idea it was actually that long!

Executive Chef
    I have already tried the suggestions. They do not work.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Rhino Keeper
    Here is what I think is happening.... If you visit the side store look at what's for sale in stormie's store and few stores adjacent to that store

Close the side store about 5 seconds before it should refresh

Reopen the store about 10 to 15 seconds later

When the store opens, the same items that should have been refreshed are still there for a short time

Then the store refreshes

The problem, in my opinion, is the store reopens with the last loaded items and then refreshes if it is time to refresh

Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this refresh could be almost instantaneous or a bit slower.

Perhaps the store needs to open with a blank store if it's time to refresh, rather than the last loaded items which should have retired

Of course, your mileage may vary due to road conditions....

Executive Chef
    When mine does the double refresh there are new items in each of the refreshes. And most of the time, that first brief refresh will have the item I have been searching frantically for (I am SURE that is coincidental though)

Executive Chef
    ciarjen - in short, are you saying you did try the suggestion and it didn't work? Which version was it previously working? I had asked about the various recent versions but no idea it was actually that long!

Yes, tried that and it doesn't work.
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bss0226 View Post

The problem, in my opinion, is the store reopens with the last loaded items and then refreshes if it is time to refresh

It doesn't happen like that with my game. The newspaper refreshes giving a new selections of items, not the last loaded ones. It then refreshes again with another set of new items.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    When mine does the double refresh there are new items in each of the refreshes. And most of the time, that first brief refresh will have the item I have been searching frantically for (I am SURE that is coincidental though)
    That's exactly how it happens in my game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast