Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newspapers refreshed twice per interval

Grand Emperor

Newspapers refreshed twice per interval

If you are having this issue, please report here. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    This is a glitch in the game which appeared after an update some months ago and it has never been fixed. It's a real pain and I often end up getting items I have not bought.

Rynetory2, to be clear here about what is happening.....

The newspaper refreshes every 5 minutes.

When the new items appear at the refresh, occasionally (I estimate 25% of the time) the newspaper will refresh again a second or two later.

So as you tap on an item which has just appeared to buy it, you end up buying something else as the newspaper refreshes again when it shouldn't.

It would be very good is they could fix this glitch
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-10-16 at 06:54 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    The refreshing thing happens to me too, I would say more often than not. Very annoying when you see something you have been searching for disappear straight away!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-10-16 at 06:57 AM. Reason: No edit done - clicked by mistake

Farm Supplier
    It happens to me too, but: the first
    refresh is always the same as the last one and then it refreshes to a new one.

Rhino Keeper

Angry

I have this happening to me reasonably frequently. I now tend to wait a second or two for it to settle but yesterday I got landed with 10 fried bananas at $26000+. Ouch. I was not too happy. I'm still selling them so I suppose all is not too tragic.

Executive Chef
    Happens to me too. As with ciarjen it happens about 25% of the refreshes

Rhino Keeper
    Happens to me too. In fact if I see something I need, it almost immediately refreshes before I can click on it or refreshes as I click and I get something else

Grand Emperor
    Following up on this issue. Here's the reply from the team. Just so you know that I have been testing my newspapers but didnt encounter this.

Question: Was there any change for newspaper feature in newer versions?
    Answer: No, they havent made any changes to this feature.

The team has tested this over the weekend but unable to get the refresh in the Newspaper Stand. :/ For the meantime, for those of you who are encountering this, they suggested prior going to the stand to visit a neighbour to save your progress to see if that helps lessen the refreshing. Please let us know if this helps.

Can you guys also help to monitor if your internet connection is good or poor when this happens? Whatever information/feedback you can give will be most helpful. Thank you.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-13-16 at 01:53 AM.

Executive Chef
    rynetory2, perhaps this would be the best way to potentially "trigger" the refresh that is being discussed...

I have noticed that if I open the Newsstand perhaps 10-20 seconds before it refreshes and wait for the time to elapse, sometimes (but not always) the Newsstand will flash one set of items--time will either be 9:99 or 0:00--then a moment later clear and display a new set of items. To reassure that these are new items, consider this: prior to the refresh I might be looking at maybe 4 or 5 empty slots...then, after time reaches 0:00, a new set of items appears (including items I might be especially looking for, such as deeds and permits and maps)...a second later, it all vanishes and is replaced by new items, so that the deed or permit I just saw is no longer there.

Grand Emperor
    I just tried this but it didnt replicate the issue. Seems like this may be a connectivity related issue and if it is, I may not be able to replicate it. Thanks for the suggestion though. Can you try out the suggestion given by the team and see if that helps you? I hope so.

Executive Chef
    My connectivity is fine - but this happens often to me. It doesn't matter if I've forced saved recently or not. Thanks for looking into it.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast