Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest: Culinary Companion (April 2016)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I had 4 people monitoring my game yesterday so there was pretty much not a time when someone wasn't watching for water and still only enough water/soy sauce to make 3 dishes the entire day! Thank goodness I have the spice that doubles but even with that can not finish. So stupid.

This morning, stared at my screen for over 20 min and only got 1 water
    That's crazy! what level are you at? I guess i'm lucky, I don't seem to have a problem with water...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I had 4 people monitoring my game yesterday so there was pretty much not a time when someone wasn't watching for water and still only enough water/soy sauce to make 3 dishes the entire day! Thank goodness I have the spice that doubles but even with that can not finish. So stupid.

This morning, stared at my screen for over 20 min and only got 1 water
    This is what ive been doing too. Leaving the ipad open and have someone checking it when I cant. I have to finish the last part for the biscuits and im on part 2 for the mochi.

Ive never had to stay on top of the game like this. But dang it I want those recipes! I wish we could keep all of them.

Its a lot of work for 2.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissydid View Post
    That's crazy! what level are you at? I guess i'm lucky, I don't seem to have a problem with water...
    I'm level 55. I think it's more based on luck than level?

I would like to say I just got three waters back to back and one of them dropped two soy sauce! Thank you TL/S8!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    This is what ive been doing too. Leaving the ipad open and have someone checking it when I cant. I have to finish the last part for the biscuits and im on part 2 for the mochi.

Ive never had to stay on top of the game like this. But dang it I want those recipes! I wish we could keep all of them.

Its a lot of work for 2.
    ITA, I wish all the recipes would remain. Since I live in Hawaii, this event is what we actually eat! Lol my children live for coconut mochi and my husband loves mochi ice cream. We get it in bulk at costco

Executive Chef
    Yay! We may all be able to make it. I just collected water five times and got 2 soy sauces with each water. I hope this continues until the end.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Yay! We may all be able to make it. I just collected water five times and got 2 soy sauces with each water. I hope this continues until the end.
    I got multiple 2 soy sauce drops too. If it's a change, then I really appreciate it S8!

Banned
    To anyone who has trouble with these type of events, always keep about 8-10 mastery spices on hand in your pantry in anticipation of these events. Vanilla drop rates really increase for these events too so you should be churning out mastery spice regularly to use on event dishes. Constantly collect from the garden during these events. If you start collecting too much basil/garlic use it for dishes/dough that use them and drop the excess. You'll get a ton of vanilla due to increased drop rates during the event.

If you keep churning out event dishes and using mastery spice on them, you'll need half the time given for the event or even less. I used mastery spice on the event dishes needing the udon noodles and sesame beef and played it pretty much straight up on the tempura and was done today.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    To anyone who has trouble with these type of events, always keep about 8-10 mastery spices on hand in your pantry in anticipation of these events. Vanilla drop rates really increase for these events too so you should be churning out mastery spice regularly to use on event dishes. Constantly collect from the garden during these events. If you start collecting too much basil/garlic use it for dishes/dough that use them and drop the excess. You'll get a ton of vanilla due to increased drop rates during the event.

If you keep churning out event dishes and using mastery spice on them, you'll need half the time given for the event or even less. I used mastery spice on the event dishes needing the udon noodles and sesame beef and played it pretty much straight up on the tempura and was done today.

I had over 25 of the original mastery spice and two of the newer ones, that give two spices. Im down to a small amount and still had to use gems along the way, here and there. I also had a bunch of mushrooms, but now I've two left, am at the bottom of my mastery spices and have all ovens churning out food. It's gonna be tough, but it's motivating me to keep my eye on the game more, to get every bit that I can.

I'm already sour for using about fifty of my gems. Also, with the Gaelic and basil, I collect, replant and just throw them away. They come often enough and take up too much space. So for lower level players, that's always an option. Don't be afraid to throw them away and just plant more when they're needed!

Good luck everyone!

The Honorable Panda
    I just went in to my game and I am now seeing a little more water requests AND I was getting 2 soy sauces about every third water request!!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Today is crazy, most customers in my restaurant who are thirsty give me 2 sauce, drop rate is very high
    if it had been always like this, i woudn't have used so much vanilla for this quest.
    btw, i will complete it in day, good luck everyone.
    I think storm 8 teams give someone who can't babysit in this quest a change, ok, good for all
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12998265_1071474826253810_6837759475229529555_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	30094
    Just finished, and this is my pantry now LOL
    Last edited by hqt081194; 04-11-16 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Update post

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast