Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 4/05: Beastbane Display (new gem optional purchase item)

Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I would like to own the Beastbane thingie because it would look great in my tournament area. But 400 gems? For a 1x1 item?

Look, I want the Cooking Camp, but not enough to buy a swimming pool for an S8 exec's summer home.
    Ehehehe, maybe he just needs a new zeppelin? If you go to Glassdoor you can see him. He comes across as a guy with an extravagant taste.

Executive Chef
    I can see why the Baron is such a popular character to S8: they're both greedy :P

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not buying it because it seems like a waste of money and not going to support s8 with not much information

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pongkay View Post
    I agree with you. I wonder why TL is offering expensive, useless & worse than useless craft shops.
    My guess is because too many of us have been accomplishing the quests/events without buying gems. They introduce the buildings with them appearing to be stupendous and/or required additions to our kingdoms, hoping--intending--that we will purchase gems.

Either that or the trolls have taken over S8.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kdmusgrove View Post
    I think you have to have your trade wagon out to get the tokens to drop from the lucky trade.
    My wagon is out and I've never gotten one token...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    My guess is because too many of us have been accomplishing the quests/events without buying gems. They introduce the buildings with them appearing to be stupendous and/or required additions to our kingdoms, hoping--intending--that we will purchase gems.

Either that or the trolls have taken over S8.
    Plus gem traps too.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    My wagon is out and I've never gotten one token...
    Well it's not a guarantee that you'll get one, they are a Rare drop, just guessing that you might have to have your wagon out for it to even be a possibility, but I am just speculating...

Fashion Designer
    What...?? 400 gems?!?
    Again?!?

My reaction when the quest opened.

It's becoming a habbit to bring out helpful buildings and items, not for coins, but for many many gems. One after another. Stuff that will be useless after it has lost its purpose (unless enough people complain). Starting out with the tent with many many deco costing lots and lots.

When I started this game most of things could be bought with coins. And the few things needed that required gems was a goal in itself (for me for instance the wizard schools; I really had to save up gems for that, and it was exciting when I could finally buy one!). Although I'm a longtime player now I miss in all these new rapidly following gem-consuming items the excitement. Too much has been thrusted down our throats.

Luckily I already have the cooking camp, but if I hadn't I would certainly not have bought this beastbane display. Nor did I buy lots of previous things.
    I don't like the strategy behind it. Guys, I know, money has to be made; but this way....?! With the few people that buy these things you chase many many more away; I wonder if it's (literally and figuratively) worth it...
    I am Zelda

Rhino Keeper
    Not buying neither, sorry but 400 gems are too much for useless tokens we can't even trade in the wagon!
    Many people already have the cooking camp, I think it's too late to offer us such an expensive, small item.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    Well said!!! And thank god for these forums. Saw the quest but decided to check the forum and resist the temptation. As everyone has already expressed, this is sneaky way to get players to buy gems
    I've often wondered about those that don't use the forum. Do they often just assume they need to buy these things to progress in the game? I'm sure that must happen.
    An explanation that comes out on the splash screen with new items would be really helpful, S8. Mind you...it might affect the revenue!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast