Thread: Is the cafe worth it?

Rhino Keeper

Is the cafe worth it?

I was thinking of buying the cafe is it any good? And also is getting a 5th feed mill a good idea 🙂

Fashion Designer
    I do have the same question, is getting the 5th mill a good idea? it costs 150k whew

Thank you!

Grand Emperor
    Guys, you defnitely need the Cafe and yes it's expensive. If you dont get the cafe, you will have to discard deliveries, trains and balloons cos you will get drinks orders once you reached the required level. Besides, if you take part in events, you will have issues with doing deliveries and slow down your event progress. The drinks sell fast and are easy to make. If I were you, I would take the advantage of the building sale and buy the Cafe now.

As for the 5th feedmill, well, you still have 4 mills to work around so it's better to get the cafe first. Buy the buildings you dont have then buy the extras. Hope this helps.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tops84 View Post
    I was thinking of buying the cafe is it any good? And also is getting a 5th feed mill a good idea 

It depends what your objective is in the game. If your objective is to get on in the game by getting parts and papers to expand as much as possible, then the best strategy is to get as many pets as you can as possible. Deliveries these days only rarely drop parts/papers as they changed their drop rate once the game switched to an emphasis of pets being rewarded as prizes. To get pets you either need gems or lots of coins to buy them/lots of coins to participate in events to win them, so in order to do that you need your farm to make as much profit as possible.

What a lot of people don't realise is that the game is rigged to reduce your profits the more you grow your farm by adding buildings and making additional items. I have all available buildings but most of them sit idle because I lose money using them. So if you want to get on in the game, save your coins for buying pets either in the market or particpating in events to win them. Coins are much better spent that way than buying additional buildings.

The only recipe in the cafe which will make you money is espresso which sells for 140 coins for a 2 hour craft. The ingredients sell for 119, so your profit is 21 coins every 2 hours. I can't remember how much the cafe costs but it is going to take you a long time to recoup the cost of the building from that profit margin. All other recipes in the cafe will lose your farm profits overall - or to put it another way resources/ingredients can be put to better use to make more money.

Most of the items can be bought fairly easy from other farms. Caramel coffee is difficult to buy but I hold stock of that in the barn for a train order if it comes in. I only make plane deliveries during events if I have to but would never send carmel coffee on it or any other difficult to buy/make item even if I had them in stock.

Don't worry about the cost of having to buy items you need because it is cheaper to buy than to make them yourself. Yes it is cheaper to buy than to make, really! Coin value does not equal profit. The higher the selling price of an item you make, the more money you lose.

The most profitable resources on my farm are my windmills and crop plots. I sell most of what I grow as crops. I always make flour, even overnight because it makes the most profit. Do not be misled by the low selling price. As soon as I make sugar, my farm loses money and this is because of the loss of profit on the plots, while waiting for the sugar to grow.

5th feed mill is essential, in my opinion, if you are playing to get pets to acquire parts/papers. I have 3 mills constantly making pet food. My poorsheep rarely get fed, lol, so a 6th mill would be really helpful
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    Hi rynetory2 thanks I got the cafe just waiting for it to finish 🙂

Rhino Keeper
    Hi ciarjen thank you very much for the advice that's what I wanted the 5th feed mill for I have just started putting some pets out and I need lots of pet food I am at level 49 I still have the sushi shop and the ice creamery locked the only things left to get are the 5th feed mill and the forge but I have heard a lot of people say that the forge is not great so I am unsure about it and thanks for all the other info as well it as really got me thinking I have a lot of pets in storage I might get some more pets out and put some other stuff in storage instead 🙂

Executive Chef
    Hey, is this cafe an IoS thing? i've never seen it.

Edit...I realized I actually needed the 5th feed mill after getting all 4 alpacas and a few pets, lol. I just put mine up, and couldn't be happier...although I guess I should have waited a few days to get it 25% off...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    What a lot of people don't realise is that the game is rigged to reduce your profits the more you grow your farm by adding buildings and making additional items. I have all available buildings but most of them sit idle because I lose money using them. So if you want to get on in the game, save your coins for buying pets either in the market or particpating in events to win them. Coins are much better spent that way than buying additional buildings.
    What do you do for delivery, train and balloon orders? Wouldnt it be cheaper to craft the items instead of letting your machines idle? My machines work round the clock - whatever I dont need for these orders, I sell. Crafting is also a good way of earning experience points.

I agree that buildings are expensive and the profits decrease as you level up but that's the challenge of the game. All games become more challenging with higher levels. Crafting is a big part of farm play so it's interesting to hear your machines idle. I am intrigued by your play style.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by tops84 View Post
    Hi rynetory2 thanks I got the cafe just waiting for it to finish ��
    Congrats on your new cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    Hey, is this cafe an IoS thing? i've never seen it.

Edit...I realized I actually needed the 5th feed mill after getting all 4 alpacas and a few pets, lol. I just put mine up, and couldn't be happier...although I guess I should have waited a few days to get it 25% off...
    Yes cafe is currently ios only.