Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impossible to Breed Limited Time Dragons Lately

Nightclub Owner

Impossible to Breed Limited Time Dragons Lately

I've been watching the boards for the last several weeks while trying to breed the never ending limited time dragons that are constantly being spun out in the Market. It seems that no matter if they are Super Rare or Rare, fewer and fewer players are able to breed them. With all of the changes lately, I wonder if the formulas have been 'altered' so that your only options with Limited dragons are to buy them with gold or let them go.

I've been playing on this account for over 2 years. Mostly in the past, several posters come on these boards to share their successful breeding pairs for Limited Dragons (among others). If you look back on the posts for most of the last few Limited dragons you will see more fail posts than success posts.

I personally hate to lose the opportunity to breed a new dragon and have given in and spent gold rather than lose a dragon many times lately. Now I am realizing that not only am I being possibly 'played' but with the habitat limits, I'm actually following along in the scheme. I have well over two dozen eggs in storage because I fear running out of room to breed new dragons, but if it's impossible to breed new dragons then I should place what I have and give up, right??

It's heartbreaking because I love this game but am quickly being driven out. I just wish that TL/Storm8 would stop trying to change things and focus more on FIXING issues that long term players have been begging for.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Amerirish, this goes along with my post where I noticed the same thing, and posted in the henna thread, and also, how the most desired seem to be 'limited'. I feel played as well in that respect as I have not bred any limiteds for a long long time.

It's almost like they hired someone to come in and tweak everything to a certain agenda (I won't go on as it's obvious what that is).
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. - Morpheus

Island: Infinity

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by debrasbistro View Post
    Amerirish, this goes along with my post where I noticed the same thing, and posted in the henna thread, and also, how the most desired seem to be 'limited'. I feel played as well in that respect as I have not bred any limiteds for a long long time.

It's almost like they hired someone to come in and tweak everything to a certain agenda (I won't go on as it's obvious what that is).
    As much as I hate to suggest or agree with a 'conspiracy theory' it's hard to ignore the obvious changes/limitations that have been happening in breeding in this game lately.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

I quite agree.
    The fun is being leeched out if the game.

Executive Chef
    I don't post here much anymore but this thread caught my eye and I thought I'd post some numbers.

There are around 140 - 150 breedable dragons ATM in Dragon Story.
    This year alone (3 months 2016) there have been 49 dragons released (50 after today's update).
    Of these dragons only 10 have been breedable.
    Of these 10 breedable dragons 5 have been 2 type dragons (1 having a minor type, so it's really like a 3 types), and 5 have been 3 type dragons.
    Also, of these 10 breedable dragons only 2 have not been limited (although, when first released both said "leaving blah date").

So there you have it, only 10 breedable dragons out of 49 (50 after today's unbreedable release) released this year, all but 2 have been limited (2 non-limited are triple types), and over half of these have been triple types. 8 limited breedable dragons released this year in a sea of 140 - 150 possible outcomes....

The way this game has started going the developers really are making it impossible for many players to breed dragons. However, look on the bright side, TL has been releasing these limited - hard to get - breedable dragons on sale for people to buy. -_-
    Last edited by knj00; 04-01-16 at 03:30 AM.

Executive Chef
    I was going to post S8 need to appoint a decent probability mathematician, but knj000 has essentially beaten me to it. The greater the number of possible outcomes, the lower the probability of getting any particular outcome. On top of that simple fact, there is the rarity algorithym, a mystery to us all.

The commons are already weighted as outcomes, so if we look at breeding Air and Beaded trying for Morning Glory, there are 23 possible results, 3 of which are common (higher probability based on rarity). Consequently, the probability of scoring the desired outcome is somewhat slim.

It seems not enough attention is being paid to the mathematics of new releases.

I have noticed the earlier attempts seem more successful. Try later in the availability window and success is lower. The runs of identical outcomes from some breedings is a worry - like tossing a coin 20 times and getting 20 heads - highly IMprobable based on probability theory. Or try tossing a pair of dice 20 times and see if you can get 20 pairs of sixes. Unlikely. I have also noticed certain dragons seem to produce a different outcome each breeding, while other pairings produce the repetitive strings of Coral, Fruitful et al.

Fashion Designer
    I have had zero luck breeding new/limited dragons for months, people talk about the luck of some islands as opposed to others and I am firmly in the "others" camp. It is frustrating and crushes the joy out of the game...I always had Tales and community events to fallback on until the latest event.

Rhino Keeper
    Lately regardless of what dragons I breed I end up with Mist or Firestorm, back to back for several days. The same with Clown, I hatched 8 Clowns in 2 days, 4 in a row, using dragons with color combos that shouldn't have produced Clown, nevermind 8 of them!

Rhino Keeper
    Looks like I'm not alone in being unsuccessful breeding the MANY new & Limited Time dragons recently! What is going on? ?? Against my better judgement & limited income, I've bought a few after breeding until the last minute. Unlike most of the higher level & longtime players, I've been playing right at 9 months now. And until April 1st when I added 2nd breeding den & Diamond Den, I couldn't breed a Diamond. But I finally succeeded with the 2nd pair I tried after this crazy competition began! I've hurried her along but after this long waiting, I have no guilt! BUT I'd really like to know why S8 is indeed limiting the Limited Time new & re-released dragons that are so incredible that everyone wants one, of course! Other than the fact that they're making a fortune when breeding fails & more players buy them, WHY would they want to change this game so drastically & turn players away? Guess time may tell !

Executive Chef
    Here's another interesting statistic. Of the last 24 dragons I have added to my flock (or whatever collective noun applies to dragons) only 4 have been bred - meaning everything else from the Breeding Den has been a fail. Given the number of limited dragons released over that time (since Aladdin, which is about 26 days ago) you'd think I might have scored more breedable dragons.

The rest have been Dragon Tales, Tournaments, Mining, World Event, Leaderboard Event, Arena Collection..... and so it goes on.....

I started playing for the BREEDING!
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 04-04-16 at 01:11 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast