Thread: Where's the air to breath?

Where's the air to breath?

I'm level 60 now. I started playing rs2 from day 1, but had a break somewhere in the middle. Before that, i played rs1.. Level 99 and bored and frustrated from that game.

My big problem is that i have the feeling that this game push me to play every day. Other games i can forget for a few days if nessecary, this one is same like the previous one (rs1). This i really not like.
    Who wants to get stuck with goals every weekend? We work all day/ or not but have a life next to gaming..... so we are happy the weekend start, but then there are the goals and i feel like i have to play first and finish my work on rs2 before i have the feeling of being FREE.

Cruises: i have extra time after finishing each day when i concentrate first on the game, then on life
    When something comes in the way....

Other goals: when a special character visits every 2 hour. One time the game gave a special ingredi?nt by pressing water glasses. This was way better. I litteraly have to put on my timer, also during work to get enough ingredi?nts.

On this forum i see frustrated people, also higher level players, who are not sure if they make it to the end to get that special price. where are the bells in storm8 office?? Aren't they ringing yet?
    Last edited by Angelymer9; 04-02-16 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed swearing

Take a deep breath. It's all going to be okay when the next cruise starts 2 days after the current one (kidding).

Luckily I can manage to play this game off and on and have been since for about a year now. I don't think it's really meant to be played more then a total hour overall in a day since cook and leave and repeat unless it's a certain event...

Some players take the game more serious than others. Some spend a monthly allowernce on it and some never buy into it to support the game.

Honestly though if you don't find any real fun in it anymore than perhaps you should find a different game? I know I was burnt out after 2-3 years of Bakery Story.

Thank you for your answer i really like rs2, like i liked rs1 before, but it eats my peacefull brain slowly and then explodes. Then i quit the game to come back months or a year later to curse myself for giving up and to have missed out on special items/ dishes. And that's my story sinds day 1 i play a game from storm8. That's why i want to keep playing but different and in hope of making a better change in the game.
    I really can not handle more storm8 games then this one.

now i take your tip and take a good breath in....out...slowly... Relaxxxxxxxxxx

Farm Supplier
    I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I've decided to stop doing the cruises. I've also played since day 1 but after noticing that I have over 300 steak sauce, 200+ cake toppers and 100+ pumpkins, I realised that I'm never ever going to be able to turn them all into gems as more are added daily. And of course, that chance is lessened with the addition of new characters.

It's silly to put yourself under pressure for a game which should be played for fun and enjoyment. I just wasn't enjoying it any more - they were coming around so quickly that I got cruise fatigue.

Now, I play when I feel like it and ignore the cruises entirely. I only do the other quests if there's a stove or new recipes on offer.

I'm disappointed that the cruises seem to be a main feature when other areas of the game that could make it more interesting (the fishing boat and hot-dog van) are just sitting there doing nothing.

I don't get it - why are they even there if we can't use them?

Rhino Keeper
    I second the hot dog cart and fishing boat. Also, there used to be an imports store that has now vanished completely. I'd love a new store. Change things up a bit! The whole cruise > food event > rinse repeat is dry. At least they stopped giving new limited time recipes during a cruise that was brutal and I didn't get both done. Still upset about it because I am only missing the Cajun stew and blood oranges for the pictures.

Speaking of pictures, can you make it so one wall can hold more than one mastered food picture?

[/QUOTE]Speaking of pictures, can you make it so one wall can hold more than one mastered food picture?[/QUOTE]

What a brilliant idea littledarc3.. What is the point of mastering all the recipes if you can't display them.. I have so many in storage as no room for them & changing them about is quite literally something I don't want to do!!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by littledarc3 View Post
    I second the hot dog cart and fishing boat. Also, there used to be an imports store that has now vanished completely. I'd love a new store. Change things up a bit! The whole cruise > food event > rinse repeat is dry. At least they stopped giving new limited time recipes during a cruise that was brutal and I didn't get both done. Still upset about it because I am only missing the Cajun stew and blood oranges for the pictures.

Speaking of pictures, can you make it so one wall can hold more than one mastered food picture?
    Yes, a new store would be great too for keeping the game fresh. The devs just seem to be putting all their focus and emphasis on the cruises rather than innovating to make game-play better for us.

As I've already said, it's pointless keep accumulating the stuff you get to bake for gems when nearly every recipe depends on the one stove. I'm so glad I got the pyramid cake (baked on a standard oven) and Luana (who gives gems, quick cooks and coins) which IMO are worth more than anything that's come since.

I suggested possibly making the pictures stack on another thread a while ago (think it was in the Suggestion/Ideas forum?) but I don't know to what extent any ideas offered up here are even seen by the devs, let alone considered. IDK how big your restaurant would need to be in order to display all the plaques you have - atm, I'm earning them then sticking them straight in storage. Bit silly really.