Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    What is the saying Fools and their money are easily parted! TL must be laughing all the way to the bank. This is a sad day for the game!
    TL is loving this event because many players are spending to get gold to get to 1st place, while many on the forum thinks that this competition is bad for players, TL thinks it's great because it's like a cash cow, with many players paying to get 1st place.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nicsdragonisle View Post
    The math I did on my sons Leader came to over $1200 U.S. in buying and speeding up diamonds alone. 3 of our games are like this. Are people really spending THOUSANDS? Can't wrap my head around that.
    Neither can I. For a few pixels on a screen? I don't mind spending a movie ticket value here and there, but thousands I reserve for things I can wear, eat, or use! What are they then going to do with all the Diamonds? I wouldn't want an island full of the same dragon.

That is exactly the sort of activity I refer to as "spending gold" - the speeding up of the processes at ridiculous rates. Even the boosts I don't personally like, or the spin. The Fountain, in my view, should have been the first milestone, as in the World Events.

Hardly a level playing field at all. Those with multiple accounts gifting themselves many gold daily have a distinct advantage too. Too many ways to stack the odds, big and small.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Neither can I. For a few pixels on a screen? I don't mind spending a movie ticket value here and there, but thousands I reserve for things I can wear, eat, or use! What are they then going to do with all the Diamonds? I wouldn't want an island full of the same dragon.

That is exactly the sort of activity I refer to as "spending gold" - the speeding up of the processes at ridiculous rates. Even the boosts I don't personally like, or the spin. The Fountain, in my view, should have been the first milestone, as in the World Events.

Hardly a level playing field at all. Those with multiple accounts gifting themselves many gold daily have a distinct advantage too. Too many ways to stack the odds, big and small.
    Agreed. I would only spend gold on dragons that are only purchasable with gold, i.e. gold producing dragons, bomb producing dragons.

But like I said, I would never spend money because I have other things to buy, which are much more important in my life than things in a game.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Just checked how my group is doing, it seems the competition has heated up between 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, because when I checked this morning, they were only 100 to 200 difference in points, now 1st is leading with roughly 4000 points, 2nd has roughly 3200, 3rd has roughly 2500, it seems they all used the boost and sped up breeding, all of which costs gold, and it seems my original thought on the group being normal is wrong afterall. They all wanted to win, but just didn't spend as much as some of the others who went up 10,000s of points in an hour.
    I'm using myself as a guage and it is posdible to reach thos numbers without gold. I'd be higher, but virtually didn't play yesterday at all. The 4,000 person may have bought the Fountain and/or boosts, but it is possible.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm using myself as a guage and it is posdible to reach thos numbers without gold. I'd be higher, but virtually didn't play yesterday at all. The 4,000 person may have bought the Fountain and/or boosts, but it is possible.
    The 4000 player went up from nowhere, because I remember the 1st place player had a different ID, this one was one of the players at the bottom like me. That's why i said he or she probably spend gold.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    Agreed. I would only spend gold on dragons that are only purchasable with gold, i.e. gold producing dragons, bomb producing dragons.

But like I said, I would never spend money because I have other things to buy, which are much more important in my life than things in a game.
    I have 5 gold producers now, but like to spend the gold on habitats. I'll wait until Skylord inevitably arrives in a Value Pack. I do buy those if the dragon is expired AND I like the dragon (or is great stock, like Prime Chroma), but even I have got to the point now where the dragon on offer is one I already have from game play.

What worries me the most is how many of these are kids whose parents are going to have a heart attack when their credit card bill arrives?

Executive Chef
    The 4000 player went up from nowhere, because I remember the 1st place player had a different ID, this one was one of the players at the bottom like me. That's why i said he or she probably spend gold.
    Ahhhhh OK, I get it now! Yes, to bridge the gap. Or plays 24/7 over the weekend? Combination? I noticed many soared once the weekend arrived.

Nightclub Owner
    I have 5 gold producers now, but like to spend the gold on habitats. I'll wait until Skylord inevitably arrives in a Value Pack. I do buy those if the dragon is expired AND I like the dragon (or is great stock, like Prime Chroma), but even I have got to the point now where the dragon on offer is one I already have from game play.

What worries me the most is how many of these are kids whose parents are going to have a heart attack when their credit card bill arrives?
    I don't spend gold on habitats because while they can hold 4 dragons, 1 more than regular habitats, the ending result is simply produce more coins, which I don't need.

Yea, you bring up a good point, it'll be tough on the actual payer because the player is a child who doesn't know any better than to keep spending money on a game.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    Ahhhhh OK, I get it now! Yes, to bridge the gap. Or plays 24/7 over the weekend? Combination? I noticed many soared once the weekend arrived.
    Weekend allowed for more time to play, so even kids who had school to deal with during weekdays can play much more during weekend, but either way, to get so much he or she probably spent to boost as well as sped up, cause that player's island is nothing special, I checked it out, with only 1 nest and no diamonds.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Stay out of it and don't let yourself be drawn in. If you've already spent gold, just think of it as a sunk cost and lesson learned. Let S8 know your feelings and its up to you if you want to keep giving money, etc. I gave them once last chance to make things right on this event...

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing. I work in IT development and, while I don't like donning a black hat, I do sometimes for the purpose of knowledge. I can say 100% there are people taking advantage. It should be relatively easy for the company to run reports designed to detect things out of normal range with gold used, time spent etc. compared to actual legitimate gold acquired but it would take resources dedicated to that... And it might not be a priority when tons of money is rolling in from legit players.
    I would suggest that they do. Very prudent. I hope s8 addresses this efficiently.