Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Totally jinxed myself. Things are heating up on my board. I was up the top, leading by about 600. One of the lower top ten just charged his way to the lead. Now there's three contesting the top position, and who knows who else is out there waiting in the wings. Then my long term rival's stepped up her game. She's been hatching diamond hybrids and so I know she's speed breeding. She only has two gold habitats, so I know she's spending money so who knows how far she'll go. Now she's at about 500 in the lead. I have a bad feelings this is going to get expensive...

To be honest, am ok with a third place tropy, at least that's something
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    The feeling I have about this competition is that I also thought it was very unfair (all about winning by spending the highest amount of gold to speed up breeding...)
    That is not a fair birthday celebration for Storm8 costumers...
    Spending a little gold it's fine, but I already needed to spend a LOT of gold to be able to hold onto second place...
    I'm disappointed with Storm8 and with the way that they reward their costumers during their 4 years birthday celebration...

Banned
    Stay out of it and don't let yourself be drawn in. If you've already spent gold, just think of it as a sunk cost and lesson learned. Let S8 know your feelings and its up to you if you want to keep giving money, etc. I gave them once last chance to make things right on this event...

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing. I work in IT development and, while I don't like donning a black hat, I do sometimes for the purpose of knowledge. I can say 100% there are people taking advantage. It should be relatively easy for the company to run reports designed to detect things out of normal range with gold used, time spent etc. compared to actual legitimate gold acquired but it would take resources dedicated to that... And it might not be a priority when tons of money is rolling in from legit players.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Totally jinxed myself. Things are heating up on my board. I was up the top, leading by about 600. One of the lower top ten just charged his way to the lead. Now there's three contesting the top position, and who knows who else is out there waiting in the wings. Then my long term rival's stepped up her game. She's been hatching diamond hybrids and so I know she's speed breeding. She only has two gold habitats, so I know she's spending money so who knows how far she'll go. Now she's at about 500 in the lead. I have a bad feelings this is going to get expensive...

To be honest, am ok with a third place tropy, at least that's something
    Last edited by chuckyt888; 04-02-16 at 04:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Stay out of it and don't let yourself be drawn in. If you've already spent gold, just think of it as a sunk cost and lesson learned. Let S8 know your feelings and its up to you if you want to keep giving money, etc. I gave them once last chance to make things right on this event...

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing.
    Great advice! We all know that EVERYTHING in DS requires an extraordinary amount of Gold during regular play, this is Gold grabbing on steroids, if you take a moment to calculate the gold spent on a few boosts, speed breeding or even that fountain ,you soon realize you could have purchased atleast a few dragons, worth more than the "Grand Prize"
    In terms of production and/or useful in other areas such as battles. I'd rather keep my Gold than spend it for the sake of winning.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    Watch out, I'm in the lead with a whopping 1200 points lol . Realistically , the milestone prizes aren't attainable without boosts, buying the Fountain and blowing through Gold, which I will not do. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, especially for players who can't /won't throw gold at every challenge.
    They were obtainable without spending gold, at least for me. I'm on 3,600 points now so will get Galaxy. I did buy one Fountain (gather you can buy three) but that is all. Don't plan on buying boosts at all, because I can't achieve first or second place so boosts would be a waste of gold.

Rhino Keeper
    I decided to take screenshots this last wheel spin, because I was starting to feel crazy. I have lost almost all of my wheel prizes (and milestone prizes), leaving me at a serious disadvantage in this event. Here is what happened when I won 48 points on the wheel just now:

Before: 1686 points
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7897.PNG 
Views:	29 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	29875

After: 1686 points

Name:	IMG_7898.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	29876

After: Wheel spin shows that it was used and not available for 03:54:44 (difference in time is because I forced-quit the app hoping for the 48 points to appear)

Name:	IMG_7899.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	29877

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    They were obtainable without spending gold, at least for me. I'm on 3,600 points now so will get Galaxy. I did buy one Fountain (gather you can buy three) but that is all. Don't plan on buying boosts at all, because I can't achieve first or second place so boosts would be a waste of gold.
    I should clarify, the first 4/5 prizes, absolutely without using any Gold, after that it's possible IF you were to hatch rare and super rares often. I didn't purchase the fountain, and haven't spent a brick of gold so I don't expect to make it too much further, and that's cool with me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Besides the gold you spent on one Fountain...... Not sure one can get 3600 points without spending gold!

24 one hour Quests per day = 240 points per day
    Breeding and Hatching 24 hours per day = 144 points per day plus bonus based on rariety
    Spin the wheel always winning points of say 15 per spin = 90 points per day

Total of about 478 points plus bonus for rariety is the max while playing 24 hours per day unless you have more than breeding nest, hatching nest, spend gold, etc.

Over 6 days you have to average 650 points per day to get to 3,900.

Poor choice on ending point for individual prize.

Banned
    If you have a diamond, you can hatch quetzal and crusader fairly easily. If you are close to Galaxy or Skylord you could still try for one and maybe use a few gold to speed up before time runs out.

The boosts were pretty fair I thought, especially the 1.5x boost for 7 gold. Much better use of gold and alternative to the fountain IMO unless you were very serious about getting the Skylord.

If most people were in groups like mine, they were better off not even thinking about Skylord.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    I should clarify, the first 4/5 prizes, absolutely without using any Gold, after that it's possible IF you were to hatch rare and super rares often. I didn't purchase the fountain, and haven't spent a brick of gold so I don't expect to make it too much further, and that's cool with me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyedwin View Post
    Besides the gold you spent on one Fountain...... Not sure one can get 3600 points without spending gold!

24 one hour Quests per day = 240 points per day
    Breeding and Hatching 24 hours per day = 144 points per day plus bonus based on rariety
    Spin the wheel always winning points of say 15 per spin = 90 points per day

Total of about 478 points plus bonus for rariety is the max while playing 24 hours per day unless you have more than breeding nest, hatching nest, spend gold, etc.

Over 6 days you have to average 650 points per day to get to 3,900.

Poor choice on ending point for individual prize.
    Yes, you can Groovy. I calculated 644 a day without including any allowance for the spin or any bonuses for for rarity breeding/hatching. The 644 includes one Fountain(contribution 140 a day). Also no boosts at all in that calculation.

So:

Quest: 12 times 10 points (not including an overnight 6 hour quest, so that would be extra) = 120
    Breeding: 3 points x 24 hours = 72 (assuming no Roost, as I don't have it, double value for Roost)
    Hatching: 9 points x 24 hours = 216 (no bonuses included, for 3 nests)
    Arctic Isles hatching/breeding (works slightly differently over there) assume 4 hatching per hay = 4 x 24 = 96
    Fountain: Collect 7 times per day x 20 = 140

Total 644 without boosts, bonuses, speed breeding or spins. On the spins I have won points virtually every single spin (a couple of spins gave purple paths and one gave food)