Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

I have been going back an forth checking the top player in my group as well an seen eggs that I know would take a day to hatch an 10 minutes later there's a different egg. He has gained almost 5000 points in no time at all. Then the Chick coming up behind me has gained 1000 points in an hour an I haven't seen anything in her den or nest til a few minutes ago. Very strange. An all I can get on that stupid wheel when I can get it to unstick an actually spin is ugly purple tiles that I will never use. Real fishy is RIGHT!!! Grrrr

Oh yeah an sometimes I don't even get my points lol REALLY????!!!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Haha missed the sarcasm in your other post. I'm with you on these events. I don't agree with them at all and even with tourney manipulation, gold traps, constant resource sucking events, this might be the most insidious thing that's been done. I keep playing for my young daughters who love looking at the dragons though.

I simultaneously hope that these islands are actual real people and that they are phantom islands designed to get gold flowing (not sure which is the worst). If these islands with 10k+ points are real they are really really preying on people here. Kinda sad when there are so many other ways to make the game great and keep people spending money, etc.
    Agreed.

I also think Tales events need to change a little, cause like you said, a lot of those required tasks are basically taking up most of our food, which takes quite a long time to save up, and honestly, I don't really want any of the dragons from the Tales event to go to LV14 or 15 when I have many others dragons that I would like to go LV15.

Anyways, as I've said, so far I only like the world event, Tales and this one are pretty bad in my view, which is why I usually don't participate in them.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Seeing so many people saying their groups have someone who gained thousands of points within an hour or so, I went to check on my group.

So far everyone seems pretty normal in my group, with #1 having just a little over 2000 points, #2 being roughly 1900 points, #3 being roughly 1700 points, basically the placing has around 100 to 200 points in between, with the difference being even less as I scroll down more.

I'd say my group is one of the more normal groups, luckily I don't see those with large number of points in my group, and whoever's at #1 has skylord fountain and also breeding with 3 nests, so congrats to that player if he or she wins the 1st prize at the end of this event.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    The top one in mine is over 1000 above number 2- the 3rd about 500 under them. They've all been consistently going up 500-1000 every 4-5 hrs. It's a lot of gold going out the window for a super rare? It's not even ultra is it? Long day I'm going to be bed behind in this even and in the tourney.
    Have a blessed weekend all.
    Jen
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Rhino Keeper
    The way I read the info everyone has 20 players they are competing with. The top 3 of each group of 20 players are the ones who will get the big prizes. So there will be many 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners. If it were the other way around then they would have to show us everyone who is doing the Event not just 20. No where in the info does it say that only the top 3 out of all the DS players will get the big prizes. If TL does it any different than the way I read it then they will be *****ing us. They did not give us proper info on this & that is why everyone is confused. In the FAQ iunder the Leaderboard Events info in the first paragraph even explains it the way I read it. There is nothing in there that says we are competing with all DS players & that there will be only one 1st place winner, one 2nd place winner or one 3rd place winner.
    Last edited by 06hunter; 04-02-16 at 02:13 AM.

I think I've worked out a good system for this, but it still ain't cheap. Am up to 3757 and leading my pack but I had to buy two extra nests, one skylord fountain and a breeding nest. Those costs aside, I think now I'm treading water (keeping the same amount of gold on reserve) on a stipend of about 45 gold a day from my gold giving dragons. While I don't agree with this event in principle, I do love a good challenge that involves a bit of creative thinking to beat on a tight budget.

I still have a secret weapon if anyone of my pack tries to challenge me at the end, but that would involve burning through my reserve. It's not easy being cheap

Rhino Keeper
    I'm keeping my strategy secret. Lol don't want to give anyone any Ideas. I'm in first place of my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Yea, that player pretty much won already, the rest won't beat her unless they spend lots of money for gold
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyedwin View Post
    But then again, they may thoroughly enjoy playing with themselves.
    I think a contest outside the game. I'd imagine there's two kids sitting next to each other on a lunch break and one shows the other their "top score" on the leader board, and the other shows their own score. I guess even for people with money there will always be people with more money. I don't mind really, since these people are keeping the game funded so I can keep doing my thing for free

Quote Originally Posted by 06hunter View Post
    I'm keeping my strategy secret. Lol don't want to give anyone any Ideas. I'm in first place of my group.
    Lol, good point. Am keep mum on mine too. Members of my group could be lurking in these forums too!