Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Rhino Keeper
    You're right! It's not even 12 hours in and already a number of technical issues have surfaced, I'm sure there's plenty more to follow and from reading the posts across the forums, there's no remedy coming. Cut your losses and relaunch the right way, as for players. ..RUN lol it's a trap

Fashion Designer
    I know I am not getting the Grand Prize super-cool new dragon. I accept that. Moving on...

I get:
    - the opportunity to select my own breeding pairs
    - the ability to save food or choose to level my dragon choice
    - the possibility of spin to win gold every 4 hours
    - hatching dragons from storage
    - the opportunity to win all of the milestone dragons, which I don't have.

On the downside, I won't be a top pick on the leaderboard, so I will miss the new dragon. I have no idea how to get enough points for the milestone dragons without spending gold. Not spending gold because I recently lost 250 gold on coins when there was a glitch (I have ~75,000,000 coins - would NEVER buy more - and they wouldn't let me swap the glitch purchase for the on sale habitat or apples. Tech support said that I could only have one correction, which I had already used.

Not sure how I feel about the "Earn your own prizes" concept, yet. The community events have that voncept, too... the Individual Prizes, which are attainable without gold, if you can do Diamond Dates on 7 farms, breed/hatch dragons, do adventures, collect from the individual prize periodically, etc. It is essentially just regular game play with some twists... But the requirements for these individual prizes seem crazy high to someone who is just starting this event.

If I get any of the milestone dragons, this event will have been a success for me.

Not everyone feels that way. And a lot of players already have those dragons. So I see some drawbacks. . .

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Considering that we're supposed to be celebrating the 4 year 'birthday' of Dragon Story it is really, really odd that they give us the first ever competitive event. How is that even relevant? It's so weird, especially with all of the point glitches. I wonder if any of the developers even play this game
    I thought the same thing! Within the first 45 mins of launching the posts started coming in about rollback and glitches, I hate to see what's next. I'm not participating, I don't have any desire to spend a small fortune just to beat the next guy, I don't play like that .

New Resident
    I just spun the wheel on the leadership event for the second time and was really pleased to see it land on 3 gold. It then jumped forward to a lesser prize, a whole 15 leadership points.
    I know there can be glitches, but this is incredibly irritating. What is going on?

Nightclub Owner
    All technical issues aside, here's another beef I have with this event: my 'results' are publicized to random players....I never agreed to share any info with anyone who I didn't approve as a neighbor. If I don't spend money to collect as much as possible, am I a loser on the bottom of some ranking list??

I really, really don't like that I am forced into this event. It's not fair and it's definitely not fun. The fact that it is simultaneously running with Limited Time dragons also makes it confounding. What the heck are we supposed to try breeding for.....Ultra Rares which will give us more points or the dragons that will disappear in less than a week? As a very logically thinking person, I feel like my head could explode from the complete lack of common sense this game continues to produce.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    All technical issues aside, here's another beef I have with this event: my 'results' are publicized to random players....I never agreed to share any info with anyone who I didn't approve as a neighbor. If I don't spend money to collect as much as possible, am I a loser on the bottom of some ranking list??

I really, really don't like that I am forced into this event. It's not fair and it's definitely not fun. The fact that it is simultaneously running with Limited Time dragons also makes it confounding. What the heck are we supposed to try breeding for.....Ultra Rares which will give us more points or the dragons that will disappear in less than a week? As a very logically thinking person, I feel like my head could explode from the complete lack of common sense this game continues to produce.
    YIKES! You're right, my s8id is out for all to see, it's not listed by Island name it's your S8ID! Great! Personally I'm just carrying on as if there were no event. I'll proudly be the loser , matter of fact that's MY goal, to earn as little points as possible. I have no shame in the fact that I'm not spending outrages amounts of money and jumping thru hoops for ignorant tasks like a circus monkey. Let it be known Ladymakay WILL be the biggest loser☺

Banned
    The direction the game has taken is extremely disconcerting to me as well. My gut tells me that they aren't getting many new players and those players they get are probably not spending much money on gold to chase a carrot that gets dragged further ahead of them each day. They are catering solely to big spenders at this point which probably means things will only get worse until the game hits it's end life.

I'm genuinely interested in how much progress any of you have made with upgrading dragons in the last year. I haven't done much in that area since Dragon Tales started gouging food. How about successfully breeding new or limited time dragons? Everything is built/timed/overlapped so that you'll constantly be chasing the carrot that disappears further into the distance. I won't even go into gold traps, manipulated winning %'s in the arena for tourneys/DT or this leaderboard event.

This has only got worse and worse in the last year. I've made the decision to not subsidize this at all until it changes.

Nightclub Owner
    When I started this game it was fun to meet challenges. Sometimes I had to spend gold in order to finish a tournament or to buy a dragon/habitat that was only offered for gold. That was fine and acceptable because I had a choice. Lately it seems that the developers are trying to change the game in such a way that older players will give up and new players will just accept that they have to spend money to enjoy the game. I will be deeply saddened if this path continues because this is my favorite TL game and do spend money from time to time. But I will quit before I allow my hand to be forced. There are many other games out there and I will get over it if I have to quit this one.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Just got home so I imagine I'm behind everyone with this event, but, then again, looking at it, I don't like it, so no matter.

I expected some wonderful Birthday Tales or something that valued the player, not this.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. - Morpheus

Island: Infinity

Fashion Designer
    When I started this game it was fun to meet challenges. Sometimes I had to spend gold in order to finish a tournament or to buy a dragon/habitat that was only offered for gold. That was fine and acceptable because I had a choice. Lately it seems that the developers are trying to change the game in such a way that older players will give up and new players will just accept that they have to spend money to enjoy the game. I will be deeply saddened if this path continues because this is my favorite TL game and do spend money from time to time. But I will quit before I allow my hand to be forced. There are many other games out there and I will get over it if I have to quit this one.
    Seconded.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. - Morpheus

Island: Infinity