Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1219

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeahmed123 View Post
    I managed to be 1st place since the players I was competing against were playing without gold and most were slacking. I only used 21 gold for boosts and managed to top first with only 2,136 points. I guess this event really was all about luck Attachment 29913
    The grouping overall is luck really, cause you don't know who you're grouped with, and so winning this event has some luck involved
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    I sincerely hope they don't do this again...because I, too, feel like I have a hangover, lol. And have less interest in playing..this coming from someone who 100% loved this game from the day I started playing. Please, don't make us go through this again...
    Unfortunately, seeing all those players with high points, I think we'll be seeing this event quite often in the future. Because this event was able to generate more money than any events in the past.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello All. Well after all that I actually got first place - no boosts, no mad speed breeding but yes about 50 gold spent so that I could get to bed some evenings with a fresh breed. I had about 4800 points. So now, S8 even as a winner PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE never run a quest like this again! I am competitive but only with myself - the idea of competing against follow players is just so opposite of what I liked about DS. Unless you are completely changing the nature of the game for a strategic reason, please bury this concept so deep that it will never even have the chance of being resurrected! Bring back the community events - I want everyone to win the prizes not just a chosen few. It is a social game not a combative one! Thank you.

Ps - due to all this angst caused I don't even want to hatch my first prize dragon - it's like a badge of shame as people will think I was one of those extreme players that spent a fortune on it.
    Don't be, because the dragon itself is not the problem
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    I hated this event with the fire of a thousand suns NOT because I'm a sore loser or because I begrudge the winners getting the dragon. I hated it because it set up 95% or so of the players for failure. I knew from the first moment that I had zero chance of winning so what's the point of trying? I don't mind working hard towards a goal but this was impossible for me.

Also....Worst. Birthday. Party. EVER.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Unfortunately, seeing all those players with high points, I think we'll be seeing this event quite often in the future. Because this event was able to generate more money than any events in the past.
    I'm simmered down now from yesterday. That's a fair enough point. They just really need to iron out the bugs, and level playing fields so that they actually are fair. And an opt out option for the competition would be very much welcomed I think.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm simmered down now from yesterday. That's a fair enough point. They just really need to iron out the bugs, and level playing fields so that they actually are fair. And an opt out option for the competition would be very much welcomed I think.
    Agreed. I'm sure those players in groups where the 1st place winner has over 10,000 points wanted to opt out as soon as they see the huge increase in points, such a feature would be nice
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I hated this event with the fire of a thousand suns NOT because I'm a sore loser or because I begrudge the winners getting the dragon. I hated it because it set up 95% or so of the players for failure. I knew from the first moment that I had zero chance of winning so what's the point of trying? I don't mind working hard towards a goal but this was impossible for me.

Also....Worst. Birthday. Party. EVER.
    This, lol. The 95% of folks losing out is what left a bad taste in my mouth to start with.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure those players in groups where the 1st place winner has over 10,000 points wanted to opt out as soon as they see the huge increase in points, such a feature would be nice
    I would have opted out of the skylord part of it right away, I hate those types of events.

Nightclub Owner
    I would have opted out of the skylord part of it right away, I hate those types of events.
    I never participated from the start, so I would opt out right away as well
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Fashion Designer
    I don't think I've ever seen a thread with so much anger, frustration and just simple refusal of an event. And I completely understand it and agree. I don't even want to think about how much money S8 earned with this event because it's simply based on gold.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara