Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Considering that we're supposed to be celebrating the 4 year 'birthday' of Dragon Story it is really, really odd that they give us the first ever competitive event. How is that even relevant? It's so weird, especially with all of the point glitches. I wonder if any of the developers even play this game
    Well a lot of people give money as birthday presents right? Dragon story just wants a little cash for their birthday

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionPT2 View Post
    I absolutely, positively agree with you. Omg, this just doesn't make sense. I have 18 (including me) in my group. How are they even ranking people. I'm level 182 and 6 in my group are 138 and below...how is the level 122 in my group not going to feel "intimidated" when they click my Island and see my island?!? This is not good...not good at al....
    Yea, you can say it again, totally agree with you, dear. You know, when I saw people in the same group, I really feel "intimidated" as they are all high level players. My level is far away from them, lol... I don't understand the grouping was based on what...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    Well a lot of people give money as birthday presents right? Dragon story just wants a little cash for their birthday
    LOL, well if they were a bit more direct like selling a birthday dragon for cash or gold I would totally support that plan. This is just weirdo chaos
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    100% with you. IMO they are making it seem like a second job to get anything accomplished anymore. With the rate they release new/limited dragons, events...and now even take old dragons off the shelf... along with gold making ability greatly reduced...its too much. They should give people more time between events to enjoy upgrading and maybe even miraculously successfully breed a rare dragon.

It's all money driven. It must be working better for them from a financial standpoint or they wouldn't be doing it. It's just a shame that it's come to this as most people I know who play the game aren't willing to put any money into it if it's going to be like this from here on out.

When I started this game it was fun to meet challenges. Sometimes I had to spend gold in order to finish a tournament or to buy a dragon/habitat that was only offered for gold. That was fine and acceptable because I had a choice. Lately it seems that the developers are trying to change the game in such a way that older players will give up and new players will just accept that they have to spend money to enjoy the game. I will be deeply saddened if this path continues because this is my favorite TL game and do spend money from time to time. But I will quit before I allow my hand to be forced. There are many other games out there and I will get over it if I have to quit this one.

Executive Chef
    In case it hasn't been mentioned (I haven't noticed it yet) breeding in the Arctic Isles counts. I got 24 points for hatching an Ice Age egg, which seems odd as it is 4 hours, but I suppose they have equated it to the mainland where it would be 4 breeding + 4 incubating = 8 to hatch. 8 x 3 = 24.

Executive Chef
    So I collected the prize for the 50 point milestone and then the game reset and took it away. I had 199 points and it dropped me back to 85....keeping the points I won on the spin wheel AFTER I collected the prize. That's not happy!

Edited to add.....just got back from work and posted this before I read the previous posts. Guess I'm not the only one. If the prizes are different I guess those points won't be added back....sucks to have glitches!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    When I started this game it was fun to meet challenges. Sometimes I had to spend gold in order to finish a tournament or to buy a dragon/habitat that was only offered for gold. That was fine and acceptable because I had a choice. Lately it seems that the developers are trying to change the game in such a way that older players will give up and new players will just accept that they have to spend money to enjoy the game. I will be deeply saddened if this path continues because this is my favorite TL game and do spend money from time to time. But I will quit before I allow my hand to be forced. There are many other games out there and I will get over it if I have to quit this one.
    As a long time player who started 4 years ago, I totally agree with you, amerirish! When I started it was fun and exciting, and I looked forward to days when new dragons came out. Now it is too much , what with space issues and land limitations, and the whole habitat thing. Not to mention new dragon on top of new dragon, it's all too much! Now I'm competing against the community instead of all working together to obtain whatever prize, which I didn't mind as it meant we worked together, not against each other, which I hate. Anyway, sorry if I'm ranting, but I gues the TL;DR is that I add my vote to the "dislike" basket.

Executive Chef
    Something weird just happened....I just decided not to be competitive with this one, and to just carry on focusing on crops to level up my dragons.....and I felt RELIEF! Giving myself permission to let this one run without me (and possibly miss out on a couple of dragons when I already have over 400) felt great!

Good luck to those that choose to compete. And enjoy the ride for those that dont!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    I'll reserve judgement. This is a new type of event and the first run may not be perfect, innovation rarely is perfect.

Some good aspects:

No food requirements, we can keep feeding whatever dragons we like (something many complain about re Tales events)
    Our Evolution Temple is not required, hence we can keep evolving dragons of choice
    We don't have to try to breed anything in particular, so can breed whatever we want
    There is gold on the wheel

I'll wait until it is over then assess from an overall perspective.

Humans are notoriously resistant to change and this is change.

I applaud your optimism, but I don't feel lucky to be able to simply play the game and do normal things.
    Let's not forget that all change is not good change and if people don't speak up.....
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. - Morpheus

Island: Infinity

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    100% with you. IMO they are making it seem like a second job to get anything accomplished anymore. With the rate they release new/limited dragons, events...and now even take old dragons off the shelf... along with gold making ability greatly reduced...its too much. They should give people more time between events to enjoy upgrading and maybe even miraculously successfully breed a rare dragon.

It's all money driven. It must be working better for them from a financial standpoint or they wouldn't be doing it. It's just a shame that it's come to this as most people I know who play the game aren't willing to put any money into it if it's going to be like this from here on out.
    I'm new to this, started in January and immediately spotted the suspect "game play options" they've turned this in to basically a low key pay to play
    Speaking as a new player, if they think new players could or would be able to fill for the long term players who are ready to stop, theyre making a big mistake. As a newb I have no attachment or invesment in this, so it's not even a thought to delete and care less, compared to people who have been playing since it was released and invested so much more along with making personal connections with others. Perhaps TL has death wish for DS ,because they sure act like it.