Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Ken,

The leader on my board just bought 4-5k points within an hour or so. I don't think they realize they are playing with themselves. I thought initially that those huge point amounts so quick people were seeing were due to hacks etc. I don't now. There are people out there who are so intent on the prize they are willing to pay whatever it takes. I keep telling myself it's not something else though... like phantom accounts. I really hope not.

Whoever it was earlier that said a behavioral psychologist would have a field day here was spot on. I think it's similar to problem gamblers.
    Oh, you didn't get my joke....

You see, I knew she was spending money to get all those points, I was joking about how she did it because it doesn't really make sense for those like me who never spends money, not to mention such a HUGE amount of money just to get dragons, which the game constantly creates new ones every week.

Anyways, as I've said, I don't really like this type of events, would prefer world events instead.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyaa7 View Post
    Wow. Is that even possible?
    It is very much possible if one should spend money for gold, LOTS of money for LOTS fo gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Wow, no competition there.. that persons is pretty much playing with themselves by this point... to put it nicely
    Yea, that player pretty much won already, the rest won't beat her unless they spend lots of money for gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    I know that feeling, that's why I don't really like this kind of event where everyone's competing, I prefer the world events where we're all contributing to a community prize that we all get.
    Totally agree!!

I like this new event. I'm really suprised how many points some people have gotten. I'm only sitting at 1573 and I've been logging on every hour.
    Last edited by OkieDokie27; 04-01-16 at 09:26 PM.

Banned
    Haha missed the sarcasm in your other post. I'm with you on these events. I don't agree with them at all and even with tourney manipulation, gold traps, constant resource sucking events, this might be the most insidious thing that's been done. I keep playing for my young daughters who love looking at the dragons though.

I simultaneously hope that these islands are actual real people and that they are phantom islands designed to get gold flowing (not sure which is the worst). If these islands with 10k+ points are real they are really really preying on people here. Kinda sad when there are so many other ways to make the game great and keep people spending money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Oh, you didn't get my joke....

You see, I knew she was spending money to get all those points, I was joking about how she did it because it doesn't really make sense for those like me who never spends money, not to mention such a HUGE amount of money just to get dragons, which the game constantly creates new ones every week.

Anyways, as I've said, I don't really like this type of events, would prefer world events instead.

Fashion Designer
    I've just visited everyone on my leaderboard and we may be in the minority for sure, not a single player has bought the fountain! I was a little shocked. Our top person has 1771. I'm in 7th currently with 1355 but have been trading with 8 & 9 regularly only 25 points separate 7 from 9. Also only two players have gold dragons. 1 has 1 and 1 has 2. Pretty competive for the most part people are trading a couple slots regularly. Also I'm not even sure if anyone is using boosts. I may have seen 1 earlier this week but that's it. About half have 2 roosts (I have 1).
    On a side note I felt like I was spying on my neighbors! Idk why I feel like that!

Fashion Designer
    My leader got ten thousand points in about two hours after sitting back and waiting fir a bit. I had been around 3000 and then whoosh this person comes from about 1500 and zoomed straight up to near 15000. I might add they did visit my island so it's a real person. There did not initially appear to be much activity but suddenly there are tons of habitats going up. I susoect they just have lots of money to waste. I regret burning the gold I did. I'm still in second spot by about 800 points but don't expect to keep it unless I spend a lot more gold. Not worth it to me.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Banned
    It's definitely within the realm of possibility that even if an island paid you a visit it wasn't a "real person".

When I saw people posting that leaders on their board had 10k+ points within hours of the event starting, I thought it was hacking or phantom islands or something. I still think there is hacking going on here and there...and phantom islands would be a dangerous road for the company to go down, but I believe most of it is truly real people buying gold now. I just can't fathom someone thinking 10k+ points is not enough to win though. I don't think this type of thing is far off from most other addictions. I'd love to read a paper or case study on this type of game/event and the resulting player behavior. I'm sure someone has already done it with the mobile gaming F2P/P2W boom. It's fascinating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    My leader got ten thousand points in about two hours after sitting back and waiting fir a bit. I had been around 3000 and then whoosh this person comes from about 1500 and zoomed straight up to near 15000. I might add they did visit my island so it's a real person. There did not initially appear to be much activity but suddenly there are tons of habitats going up. I susoect they just have lots of money to waste. I regret burning the gold I did. I'm still in second spot by about 800 points but don't expect to keep it unless I spend a lot more gold. Not worth it to me.

Rhino Keeper
    Replied early in the forum stating that everyone on my leaderboard was close in points. I even said with leaderboard opponents like mine this event isn't so bad but something really strange just happened...I have been back and forth since day one with two others in the top 3 spots. 10 minutes ago I was second with about 1450 and the top player had about 1500. Then the top player started increasing 50 points about every 30 seconds. So, I went to their island and in that time they didn't hatch or breed anything new and they don't have any adventures out...yet their total continued to climb. Now they have over 2500 in points. I'm not stressing because I'd rather have the apples than the dragon anyways(I really want pinata) but what is up with this event? Fishy, real fishy!