Thread: How did the chicken cross the road?

Rhino Keeper

How did the chicken cross the road?

This probably doesn't qualify as a true bug or glitch, but it is at least an anomaly. Also, I'm very long winded, apologies in advance. I had noticed ages ago that if I blocked the two spaces directly across the road from the bridge that animals couldn't cross from one side to the other. I mostly do it to keep the dogs from chasing the cats, but otherwise it's not really a big deal.

So I got my little yellow chick (so cute!) and placed it in the nest and fed it and came back a little while later and it was across the road. We can debate the philosophical question of why later but what I'd really like to know is how?? He kept going up to the bridge trying to go back across but would turn around halfway across because the path was blocked. Eventually I felt sorry for him and moved the egg tree so he could go back across and he did right away. Not long after he was back on the other side again! This time I went to the nest and rang the bell and he teleported back as well as any Enderman. The third time I caught him. He walked directly between the egg tree and the flag to go across. Once he's over though, he can't seem to get back.

So my question now is will this affect my ability to collect from him or will he just teleport back to his nest at collection time regardless of where he is? Should I unblock the path? It's not really a problem for me if I do, it was really just an aesthetics thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	29732
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Executive Chef
    Hey there! This should not affect your ability to collect him at all! He will be at your nest safe and sound once they're done with perusing your Farm. If you feel uneasy about it, feel free to unblock the path so that the chick can walk around and admire your Farm. If this is not the case, please let me know immediately.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the response! I did end up moving the egg tree because the dogs started doing it too and it was bugging me. Now I can sleep better, lol.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...