Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy for gems pop up - very bad idea 👎🏻

Energy for gems pop up - very bad idea 👎🏻

I am very annoyed with the new pop up for energy in exchange for gems. I have 2 games running and I have accidentally used 5 gems on each because I don't watch my energy levels. Previously there was a "you don't have enough energy" warning but now it's one click and valuable gems lost. It's bad enough when you accidentally speed up a building because there isn't an "are you sure" pop up.

I see I'm not the first to comment but the thread has been locked off so nobody else can add their opinion.

Please re-think this from a players point of view.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I have passed this onto S8 already which is why other posts have been closed. I'll leave this one open for the time being.

For posts that follow mine, please be mindful to follow the forum posting rules (given this is a sensitive issue). thanks.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-26-16 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Updated text.

Farm Supplier
    I'm really upset with this new pop up. I just lost 50 gems on energy I didn't want. Since S8 won't give me gem sales on my IPad, I refuse to purchase any. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Farm Supplier
    Just lost 20 gems on this too. Tried Airplane mode trick but I was too late... They better change it back. This is ridiculous. The gem traps are already bad in this game and now it's worse with this!

Reasons like this I never buy gems in Castle Story anymore. I only buy gold very rarely in Dragon Story since the gold traps are minimal.

Executive Chef
    Taking advantage of people's tapping fingers is not good. Please remove this feature very quickly or you will find I am no longer willing to spend my money on this game. I buy gems to use on things I want. I do not appreciate you making me spend them on what you want ��

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by vizbiz11 View Post
    I'm really upset with this new pop up. I just lost 50 gems on energy I didn't want. Since S8 won't give me gem sales on my IPad, I refuse to purchase any. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Over 90 gems lost to the stupid energy pop up and I never clicked it, []

Seems storm8 just wants long term customers to leave
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 03-26-16 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Off topic comments

New Resident
    The new gem trap wouldn't bother me so much if you had to actually tap the "BUY" button. My finger went nowhere near the button yet I still "bought" 30 energy.

Tacky!

Farm Supplier
    OMG! I just wasted ANOTHER 50 gems on this stupid pop up... I'm FUMING mad now . 70 gems STOLEN from me because of this decision. Just trying to get this easter stuff done and BOOM - out 70 gems this weekend. Ugh... I have words to post but I cannot post them here...

Rhino Keeper
    I am one of the users who actually buys gems. I have over 50 alicorns, many of those from gem purchases, with actual money. I understand the game is a potential source for business, but it's better when your clients do not feel they are being trapped or *****ed. There are already "gem traps" in place, and unless it's a castle or very valuable speed up (like speeding up a 7-day alicorn) it usually a few gems and even though players complain, it rarely "steals" a lot from them. I have lost gems to "gem traps" sometimes, but the amount can be negligible, so I know I can let it pass. But this new, giant pop up that also acts as a gem trap is a very blatant one. I also agree S8 should really consider removing it and changing it back to the way it was before. But 50 gems a pop, for a gem trap that will trigger every time we run out of energy is too much of a trap. Please do consider changing it back. I would much rather pay for items with money-bought gems, than altogether deciding not to make any purchases because I will be trapped into losing money. If this pop-up "trap" stays, I'd much rather have my gems at 0 so this cannot happen at all.

Host(ess)

New energy gem trap

I've read many posts about gem traps. This newest one is very frustrating. It would be very easy to accidentally purchase energy with our stored/purchased gems because of the new programming. It is bad enough that we can so easily click on random items on the board and lose gems, this new pop up is troubling.

Please revert back to the old programming which simply gave us a warning that we didn't have enough energy versus taking us to the purchase energy screen. I don't think any of the players would find this a convenience.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast