Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging in with different device / Have a new device

Well it warns against creating two tickets and I don't know how to add to mine since I can't login to check on the status. What really makes no sense to me whatsoever is why all games owned. Y the same company are not equipped equally with ease of transference to new devices. It isn't as though most people don't get a new device every year or two and that this is not a common occurrence. If all games were as easy as Cupcake Mania to transfer, this would be no issue. I simply logged into Facebook and bingo, game restored. None of this need to contact support and wait more than a week to hear back from them. Why not make it easy on everyone?

Please can you help. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to transfer Farm Story 2 to my new iPad. I am reaching the point of desperation. I have followed the instructions about completing the request form. I downloaded Farm Story on to my new iPad and created a temporary Storm ID. I have sent the request form twice, once 9 days ago and again 3 days ago, but no reply whatsoever. This evening I have tried everything in this thread, but I cannot get anything to work. I have downloaded Dragon Story and Restaurant 2, but I cannot find anywhere to log in with my original ID (I don't use Facebook), and each time my new temporary ID has come up automatically on the game. I love Farm Story and am on level 65, I do not want to start again. I would really like some advice, please.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by juliebunny3 View Post
    Well it warns against creating two tickets and I don't know how to add to mine since I can't login to check on the status. What really makes no sense to me whatsoever is why all games owned. Y the same company are not equipped equally with ease of transference to new devices. It isn't as though most people don't get a new device every year or two and that this is not a common occurrence. If all games were as easy as Cupcake Mania to transfer, this would be no issue. I simply logged into Facebook and bingo, game restored. None of this need to contact support and wait more than a week to hear back from them. Why not make it easy on everyone?
    The Login Feature takes only a minute and is very easy, as long as we have our Storm8 ID and password set up. Generally we dont need to contact Support for this transfer but unfortunately for your case, somehow your ID or password werent set up so you have to get additional help from Support. Sorry that the bad links added some confusion to you as well. They are looking into this and your feedback is very helpful.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1946Jenny View Post
    Please can you help. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to transfer Farm Story 2 to my new iPad. I am reaching the point of desperation. I have followed the instructions about completing the request form. I downloaded Farm Story on to my new iPad and created a temporary Storm ID. I have sent the request form twice, once 9 days ago and again 3 days ago, but no reply whatsoever. This evening I have tried everything in this thread, but I cannot get anything to work. I have downloaded Dragon Story and Restaurant 2, but I cannot find anywhere to log in with my original ID (I don't use Facebook), and each time my new temporary ID has come up automatically on the game. I love Farm Story and am on level 65, I do not want to start again. I would really like some advice, please.
    Are you able to see the Storm8 logo icon on the top right corner of your Restaurant Story 2 game screen? Click on that and select Account Settings - that's where you can start to enter your old Storm8 ID and password to start the transfer. Dont despair and to assure you - you wont lose your old farm because your game progress is stored on Storm8 servers. Let me know how you go and feel free to post if you need further help.

8 days and counting for not hearing a word from support...

I was vigilant about gathering all info necessary to transfer apps to my new devices before I turned the old one in. I sat down with pen and paper and made notes about all of my apps, ensuring that my email addresses and passwords were accessible. I took the time to carefully read the FAQ, even the conflicting bits, and tried to take the surest route to preserving my game. All 27 other apps have been downloaded and signed into correctly. This is the only one that is giving me issues. I set up my storm ID long ago and only last week entered a password. The only thing that could have gone wrong that I can think of is creating the password. All other sites require that you enter the password twice to ensure accuracy, whereas Farm Story only asked for it once. If entered incorrectly, which is easy to do on a mobile device, one would run into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Are you able to see the Storm8 logo icon on the top right corner of your Restaurant Story 2 game screen? Click on that and select Account Settings - that's where you can start to enter your old Storm8 ID and password to start the transfer. Dont despair and to assure you - you wont lose your old farm because your game progress is stored on Storm8 servers. Let me know how you go and feel free to post if you need further help.
    I cannot thank you enough, what you suggested worked perfectly. I wish I'd contacted you earlier!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by juliebunny3 View Post
    8 days and counting for not hearing a word from support...
    Not sure if you meant calendar days or business days... You can send me your ticket number if you didnt hear from Support after 7 business days.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1946Jenny View Post
    I cannot thank you enough, what you suggested worked perfectly. I wish I'd contacted you earlier!
    Glad to help and very happy to hear that you have gotten your farm back. Happy farming!

My ticket number is []. It was created on the 5th of January and I still haven't heard a peep. If I have not received any response from Storm8 by Thursday, I'm getting the Better Business Bureau involved. This is a completely unacceptable way for a company's customer service to operate. It's also pretty shady that there is no phone number to call for help with my game.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 01-17-17 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Removed ticket number due to privacy reason

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast