Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog Dragon - Tournament! March 22 2016

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mystctattoo View Post
    I know that I might be way too late to answer this since this forum is full of wonderful people but I agree not to spend any gold on this one. Personally I reserve gold if needed in battles only with Champions as prizes. You would be surprised at how great lvl 1 fire, air and forest will do when fighting a champion dragon and if you don't already have them fire and forest are 20 and 30 seconds on the nest and only cost 500 coins and air is only 2 hours and 1,000 coins. I have also found level 1 Island, Coral and fruitful to be awesome as well but not as easily obtained. Before I got my diamond to 15 those were all I used. I actually find island to be the most useful now next to fire or even an epic Fire Air or Forest work great too and if you have a Landworm you are golden in any tournament. I hope you have gotten answers that have helped and you win! GL
    Thank you so much! I honestly thought to be successful in tournaments you need champions and all dragons leveled really high, but this has been so eye opening for me seeing all the little dragons winning against high level ones! I am honestly having a blast! My results are on page 3, I just won my match against 8-bit which is Rd 24 without spending any gold. I'm going into each battle not expecting to win and am pleasantly surprised when I do! Thank you and everyone else for the wonderful advice! I have 6 rounds and 4 days left so if my higher level dragons don't win I'll try my little ones! Keep Battling! & Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods View Post
    Exactly. I have four games so the difference is patently obvious.
    Almost every business profiles their customers to target with different marketing techniques.

But yes, you can spot the patterns after a while (Shhh!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    Do you have a Coral? That's what I use on most of the champions. Bash or Magic depends on the champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    Unfortunately, champs are evil...keep rejuvenating that metal, or, if you have a passion or soccer, throw that at him. Don't give up though, you can get him.
    Thank you. Just tried Island mbm, didn't work out. I do have coral and will try that next. No Passion or Soccer on the island. Wish me luck and thank you for your support.

Edit: Coral lost , bbb
    Last edited by porcupin321; 03-24-16 at 11:46 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    I'm a developer. It wouldn't be difficult to implement player profiling and, in reality, it's a business necessity for them. It would be extremely shortsighted to suggest otherwise. They've had years to hone this. All of their games are similar and they've surely poured much resource into analyzing player tendencies. There is a line that can be crossed when trying to generate income in games like this.

There is no conspiracy theory element to this. We aren't talking about one or two losses. We are talking about certain dragons each tournament that can cause people upwards of 30 losses in a row using the most effective dragons against the given type. Many people have this issue and I've seen it on several accounts, including my own, in every tournament. This isn't a simple case of a statistical outlier... a difficult tourney here or there.... and that's where I have major issue with it.

It's natural to defend a game that you love and have spent a good deal of money on as you have, but the world doesn't revolve around any one player. For those that have this issue, it's a real problem. For those that don't see this particular issue every tournament, consider yourselves fortunate.
    I agree with ya. Not sure why there's this need to belittle, and be straight up rude to anyone who doesn't see things as you do. It's a pattern over time. I have lost 27 times in one round with a dragon I should have been able to beat easily. That's just a fact. Unless and until you have had such troubles over time it's really not cool to judge. I've had easy tournaments and very very difficult ones. Not talking about a young island who shouldn't always expect to have an easy time. I don't expect easy. I hope for fair and clearly if you lose your hiney over and over again and have stupid losses you get frustrated. I still love to play. Doesn't mean I need to play and keep quiet for fear of being labeled in such a careless way.
    Last edited by jjblueyes; 03-25-16 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mystctattoo View Post
    I know that I might be way too late to answer this since this forum is full of wonderful people but I agree not to spend any gold on this one. Personally I reserve gold if needed in battles only with Champions as prizes. You would be surprised at how great lvl 1 fire, air and forest will do when fighting a champion dragon and if you don't already have them fire and forest are 20 and 30 seconds on the nest and only cost 500 coins and air is only 2 hours and 1,000 coins. I have also found level 1 Island, Coral and fruitful to be awesome as well but not as easily obtained. Before I got my diamond to 15 those were all I used. I actually find island to be the most useful now next to fire or even an epic Fire Air or Forest work great too and if you have a Landworm you are golden in any tournament. I hope you have gotten answers that have helped and you win! GL
    Very true! My kids were stuck last time and the advice of life was amazing! Simple little dragon packed a powerful punch!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    I'm a developer. It wouldn't be difficult to implement player profiling and, in reality, it's a business necessity for them. It would be extremely shortsighted to suggest otherwise. They've had years to hone this. All of their games are similar and they've surely poured much resource into analyzing player tendencies. There is a line that can be crossed when trying to generate income in games like this.

There is no conspiracy theory element to this. We aren't talking about one or two losses. We are talking about certain dragons each tournament that can cause people upwards of 30 losses in a row using the most effective dragons against the given type. Many people have this issue and I've seen it on several accounts, including my own, in every tournament. This isn't a simple case of a statistical outlier... a difficult tourney here or there.... and that's where I have major issue with it.

It's natural to defend a game that you love and have spent a good deal of money on as you have, but the world doesn't revolve around any one player. For those that have this issue, it's a real problem. For those that don't see this particular issue every tournament, consider yourselves fortunate.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Although my last 2 tournaments were the easiest I've had, I agree somethings just not stirring the kool-aid. I'm only coming up to a year of battle arena experience being on android and all. I had quit due to boredom but resumed at the end of April last year. I feel these Results we leave for eachother to help, helps TL/S8 out as well. It's like we're basically handing over our statistics on a silver platter to them every tournament.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lnztrekfan View Post
    Thank you so much! I honestly thought to be successful in tournaments you need champions and all dragons leveled really high, but this has been so eye opening for me seeing all the little dragons winning against high level ones! I am honestly having a blast! My results are on page 3, I just won my match against 8-bit which is Rd 24 without spending any gold. I'm going into each battle not expecting to win and am pleasantly surprised when I do! Thank you and everyone else for the wonderful advice! I have 6 rounds and 4 days left so if my higher level dragons don't win I'll try my little ones! Keep Battling! & Good luck!
    I'm so glad you had a better experience this time around. I wish you continued success now and for future events!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    I agree with ya. Not sure why there's this need to belittle, and be straight up rude to anyone who doesn't see things as you do. It's a pattern over time. I have lost 27 times in one round with a dragon I should have been able to beat easily. That's just a fact. Unless and until you have had such troubles over time it's really not cool to judge. I've had early tournaments and very very difficult ones. Not talking about a young island who shouldn't always expect to have an easy time. I don't expect easy. I hope for fair and clearly if you lose your hiney over and over again and have stupid losses you get frustrated. I still love to play. Doesn't mean I need to play and keep quiet for fear of being labeled in such a careless way.
    Exactly Jen. I myself, before these last 2 tournaments, had suffered a string of 30+ losses towards the end of it. In fact, I knew if I had an easy beginning, the end was gonna burn and burn bad. I actually piled on those losses to the bitter end and didn't even get the final prize in one of the tournaments. I was so very frustrated by this. Like you, I love to play still too. But it concerns me that a person can't vent their frustrations without somehow someone making light of it. I always thought the forums were here to be helpful and encouraging.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionPT2 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Although my last 2 tournaments were the easiest I've had, I agree somethings just not stirring the kool-aid. I'm only coming up to a year of battle arena experience being on android and all. I had quit due to boredom but resumed at the end of April last year. I feel these Results we leave for eachother to help, helps TL/S8 out as well. It's like we're basically handing over our statistics on a silver platter to them every tournament.
    Something to think on huh ? Good point.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionPT2 View Post
    Exactly Jen. I myself, before these last 2 tournaments, had suffered a string of 30+ losses towards the end of it. In fact, I knew if I had an easy beginning, the end was gonna burn and burn bad. I actually piled on those losses to the bitter end and didn't even get the final prize in one of the tournaments. I was so very frustrated by this. Like you, I love to play still too. But it concerns me that a person can't vent their frustrations without somehow someone making light of it.
    That's what bugs me too. This has always been a safe place to vent and get support and support others. You are always kind and supportive. Thank-you.
    J