Thread: New Recipes on old appliances

New Recipes on old appliances

I have been playing BS for almost 2 years, but find it frustrating that older appliances are eternally "locked" because the goals to unlock them expired before I started to play. While I am not opposed to building new appliances, I believe many players would like to have access to those older appliances. In turn, for appliances of which I have mastered all the recipes, some new recipes would be welcome. (Like the Valentine's Day cupcakes on the standard ovens!)

Case in point: many players were disappointed that we did not get St Patrick's day goals/updates and had repeat themes like bees & honey or Tea time for the month of March. For the appliances, wouldn't have been great if we got NEW recipes on the older appliances (like the honey drink maker) that relate to the reoccurring themes rather than just reboots of themes with similar appliances? For players that don't have the appliances (like the Dublin Oven), they get a chance to start from the beginning of the goal to unlock the appliance, while players that already have the appliance can dust it off and start on goals to unlock the new recipes! Win/Win.

Would be interested in other perspectives, especially those veteran players.

In my experience, I've been playing for years...so many I don't even know a number (: BUT when I started there were some machines I missed, the fruit dip chocolate machine, the truffle maker, and I (as a new and trying to advance player) sold off some of the machines I had early, like the candy hatchery, and a dehydrator after I mastered the machines. Some of them started to be rereleased, but it seemed like it was years later. Only very far and between since mastering the recipies on the standard oven/drink machine, years ago, did I see new recipes released for them.

I completely agree with you, as there are some things I would like to see available still, like the locked goal recipes on the standard oven and drink maker (I was really hoping with the releasing last year that the winter goals would come back) - because I apparently missed out on those too, and they are eternally locked I fear.

I think everyone deserves a chance to obtain the machines, and think you have a good idea. Bring back the goals, and give players a chance to complete them and obtain the machines, and spin the new goals off of it (: It would probably cut down a lot on having repeat recipes like the cauldron cakes.

Executive Chef
    I completely disagree w the both of u. I'm not sure how long I've been playing these games, this 1 and RS, but it's been long enough to know that I've cooked on the appliances ur mentioning and mastered the recipes on them. If storm8 were to bring those back what about all the players who've done them? R we just supposed to sit back and twiddle our thumbs? It seems like more and more ppl r coming on here and wanting the old goals, appliances, decor to return bcuz they weren't playing when they were released. If storm8 were to bring back old stuff and not bring back any new stuff I'd leave the games cuz there'd b nothing more for me to go after. If they're going to put new recipes on old appliances then place them on the regular appliances. Everyone has those and mine haven't been used for anything new in a long time.
    I believe storm8 should continue just offering new items- appliances, decor etc. I agree that they seem to b stuck w repeating recently offered themes so they just need to get more creative. Keep moving forward and not going backwards.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Apparently you didn't understand my post very well. It was stated that I did not oppose new appliances, but that it would be nice if repeat themes utilized older appliances with the same theme by adding recipes. It was also stated that the new recipes could be goal based. If you already have the appliance, you would be ahead of those who don't. Not sure why you would be twiddling your thumbs if there were tasks to unlock recipes. Nothing in my post related to decor or prior goals, I merely suggested that appliances that were part of older goals be utilized within new goals versus being eternally locked.

Rhino Keeper
    I think it would be a great idea! I've been playing for about 2-3 years I think, but there must be between 5-10 appliances that I have never been able to unlock because I was not playing Bakery Story when those goals were available. I'm sometimes envious when I see some of the appliances in a neighbours bakery because I really wish I could unlock them haha!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman131313 View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand my post very well. It was stated that I did not oppose new appliances, but that it would be nice if repeat themes utilized older appliances with the same theme by adding recipes. It was also stated that the new recipes could be goal based. If you already have the appliance, you would be ahead of those who don't. Not sure why you would be twiddling your thumbs if there were tasks to unlock recipes. Nothing in my post related to decor or prior goals, I merely suggested that appliances that were part of older goals be utilized within new goals versus being eternally locked.
    Tasks to unlock new recipes yes, would b fine as long as old recipes were kept locked.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Banned
    I in wanted to know if you can still purchase any appliances that can make Easter candy! I know that there were 1 or 2 of them because I had them on my old tablet, but it bit the dust about a year ago, and I got another one soon thereafter. I bought Step Up 3 at Christmas time last year, but a word of warning, if you have to change a password, like on Google, you have to rebuy it at full price. I don't think that it is fair. Anyway, thanks for listening.

I've been playing for a few years now (started after the pirate goals) and I agree with you - there are still so many appliances that are locked or haven't been released again. Storm8 (or maybe Team Lava then?) use to release old ovens once in a while. I think it was around this time last year that they released the candy hatchery, candy cane maker, and lucky oven? But I don't remember any others after that.

I'd also love to master the locked Christmas and Valentines recipes in the standard oven!