Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions Part IV

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tbetoug View Post
    I have the Egg for a Metal Dragon ready to be hatched (just waiting for the Metal Mines to finish building).

Once I get it hatched and evolved, what would be my best option to breed the Metal Dragon with in order to get another Metal-type Dragon?

I know the combinations are seemingly endless because of the White and Blue-types that are apart of the Metal Dragon, but I was just curious if there was one parent type or one specific Dragon that would be a better match with the Metal Dragon in order to produce me another Metal Dragon.

If anyone has any ideas or methods, do let me know! Thanks!
    I have all the Metal hybrids, and I got them all trying for the 2 most difficult ones to breed: #1 Mech and #2 Nano. I'd try for these first. All the other ones are pretty easy to breed, except maybe Cyber. So don't worry too much about them & go for Mech. I honestly bred more than 50 Armors chasing Mech & at least 10 Cybers. Combos:

Mech = Metal/Divine
    Nano = Metal/Astro
    Darksteel = Metal/Neon
    Cyber = Metal/Divine, Metal/Neon
    Armor = Metal & every red/green & pink/green dragon I had
    Chrome = Brightsteel/Rainbow, Metal/Winter Solstice, Metal/Creation
    Gadget = see Chrome, also Chrome/Light

Hope this helps!

New Resident

Question Has anyone had this happen

I have recently breed a penumbra dragon, which is weird because I was using a forest and a night dragon.
    Has anyone else had this happen?

Executive Chef
    It's because of black splitting. It took both purple and blue elements from Night. I just bred a Spell with Forest and Lotus, which is great because I didn't have one!

Executive Chef
    It is not weird. The Night's black split into blue and purple and you got Penumbra. The offspring don't necessarily get "genes" from each parent - they can get their typing from just one, as the types go into a "pool".

There are dragons with specific breeding rules, such as Diamond must have four types in the pool, or Kitsune, where one parent must provide pink and the other parent must provide red, but those sorts of rules don't apply to all dragons by any means.

Executive Chef
    Snap, Sandy! LOL. Sorry, I was typing (with one finger) as you were. Your Spell did get something from both parents though, I think Renochu expected both parents to contribute. I still get annoyed that isn't necessarily the way it works!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Snap, Sandy! LOL. Sorry, I was typing (with one finger) as you were. Your Spell did get something from both parents though, I think Renochu expected both parents to contribute. I still get annoyed that isn't necessarily the way it works!
    Oh, I didn't know that could have happen, thanks. I just wondering what would have happen if I bred night and forest.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post

Yes, luckily it did! I just used Spell as an example of black splitting.

It threw me for a loop too the first time only one parent contributed elements for the offspring (in FFS). For a while there I thought I had bred some secret creature because the breeding time didn't match anything I was expecting. But it actually happens pretty often (annoyingly enough).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Renochu View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that could have happen, thanks. I just wondering what would have happen if I bred night and forest.
    You have about 2 1/2 hours to try and see if you can breed the soon to be expired Toxic dragon.

I'm trying to find the best breeding combination for a Dino and a Zodiac dragon. I have mostly basic dragon types, with one metal, one fairytale and multiple gemstones. Any suggestions? I tried searching the threads, but the search function wasn't very helpful. :-(

Executive Chef
    Simplest combination for a Dino is Fire and Forest; for Zodiac, try Night and Air.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast