Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions Part IV

Rainbow Dragon

HELP, I want to breed a Rainbow dragon [] A Neo Rainbow x Neo Diamond, I have been doing this combination non stop for almost two weeks. The breeding outcome for this pairing is any one of 17 dragons 4 common, 5 rare, 3 super rare, 5 ultra rare.
    My attempts have given me 2 water, 4 mist 8 volt all common, 1 Cosmos 5 seer both rare, 6 clown and 1 social super rare! While I?m happy to get the super rare fails to trade I have to ask why Im not getting a Rainbow which is only rare? Please explain what I?m doing wrong.

Many thanks
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-15-18 at 10:13 AM. Reason: removed third party site comments

Nightclub Owner
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, per say. While there are percentages at play, for the most part I think breeding is a random event and it may take a while to get a specific dragon. There's countless combos you could use to breed Rainbow, the key is to find a breeding pair that offers the 'best' fails for your specific situation.

If you still need a lot of breedable dragons, then you might not mind using a pairing that offers a large number of alternate outcomes such as Paper Lantern and Abra which can produce 136 possibilites. Going this route means you might breed more dragons you need but at the same time, Rainbow might not show up as frequently.

If you only want Rainbow and would like a smaller list of fails, then perhaps you should try breeding Water + Air (or any yellow+blue combo) which will offer only 10 possibilities; 11 if both parents are Epic. By choosing the smaller breeding pool, you'll likely increase your odds of seeing the Rainbow sooner but again, there's the random factor so nothing is guaranteed.

Hope this helps, if not - there's a specific thread on breeding that might offer more help/insights; it's located here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...Part-IV/page30

Merged this thread with the above thread KP
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-15-18 at 10:14 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Breeding is like flipping a coin. You have a 50/50 chance of a coin landing on heads but out of 50 tries, it may land on tails all 50 times, 40 times, 25 times, etc.

So breeding a rare is say a 1/17 chance, but then weighted towards common dragons so let's say a 1/30 chance....well....you can breed those two dragons together 30 times and get 30 volts, 20 volts and 10 mists, 30 rainbows.

It's the difference between probability - the chance you can get the desired outcome; and statistics - what actually happens.

My advice, if you are bent on getting a particular dragon, is to find the pairing with the least possibilities.

That being said, I bred diamond with purple (magic or peacock) multiple times and primarily get magic, with a few peacocks and my goal is one of the diamond hybrids. There are four possibilities with that pairing. two diamond types, magic, or peacock.

Like you, I was breeding those two almost exclusively for a while and didn't get what I wanted. I switched up strategies and now I pick a dragon I want but don't stress about getting it. Right now, I'm trying for an Atlas so when the opportunity comes up to breed a dragon with blue and green types with a mythic, I do, but not to the exclusion of playing bingo or finishing dragon tales or anything. I eventually got the Deep dragon this way...still no Gossamer, Anubis, or Atlas yet.... (those are the ones I'm concentrating on right now.
    Last edited by Mostreal; 10-12-18 at 03:30 PM.

Banned
    Good luck, it does take forever, well it did for me! Another thing new players have is the introduction of new common dragons that as come into the mix! vaguely remember it took me about 6 months of non stop breeding for it and as Neo Rainbow can be obtained through tickets or maybe even try to obtain one from Essence and the codex otherwise, your Isle will be a home for a plethora of Mists, Socials and all the other combos that yellow and blue can throw!

Good luck!

Thank you all for this helpful information
    Last edited by polar71004; 10-13-18 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Fashion Designer
    After using a breed boost, a hatch boost, and some gold bars, and getting a couple of common and rare fails (though I did a super rare - parakeet), I managed to breed the Lantern Dragon using Diamond/Caesar. I don't have this dragon yet so yay!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngenius View Post
    After using a breed boost, a hatch boost, and some gold bars, and getting a couple of common and rare fails (though I did a super rare - parakeet), I managed to breed the Lantern Dragon using Diamond/Caesar. I don't have this dragon yet so yay!!!
    Ooo, Congrats! He's a nice looking dragon!
    I didn't realize he was available and will now give him a try.

New Resident
    Hi, does anyone know how to breed the new Incognito dragon ? is a most wanted on my list :/

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lembani View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to breed the new Incognito dragon ? is a most wanted on my list :/
    Any combo providing pink, blue and yellow. Could be e.g. Cherry Blossom and Air, or Virtue and Rainbow, it depends on what you have. But it's super rare and pink really likes to split, so it won't be easy. Good luck

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Ooo, Congrats! He's a nice looking dragon!
    I didn't realize he was available and will now give him a try.
    Thanks! I hope you'll get this cute dragon too!