Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it OK to ask that this be a thread for beginners?

Farm Supplier
    Thanks so much everyone. I've hit level 20 yay! I'm struggling for space for habitats so will suspend breeding for now. Expansions are quick enough it's getting rid of the plants! Frustrating not being able to move them.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuriair View Post
    Thanks so much everyone. I've hit level 20 yay! I'm struggling for space for habitats so will suspend breeding for now. Expansions are quick enough it's getting rid of the plants! Frustrating not being able to move them.
    Enjoy it while you can! My last expansion took me 3 days. Then clearing the huge tree that covered the entire space was 800,000 coins and it took 24 hours. Sounds like a lot, (and the time it takes IS a lot) but the coins aren't that big of a deal by the time you get to be over level 150. It took me right around a year of playing to hit level 150, but some people get there faster - not really sure how they do that!

Good luck getting diamond! They are great fighters in the arena, and produce lots of coins. I hope you can get one early! The sooner the better (easier before level 40)

Have fun & Good luck!

Farm Supplier
    Dame of darkness my favourite so far. I love renaming them too and have Luke leiah and Yoda��

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuriair View Post
    I'm only at level 19!

Currently my queries/understanding so far are as follows ( and I know there's probably the info I want elsewhere on the forum but I'm struggling to find it, even using the search).

I am planning on transferring my large memo of info on my dragons and habitats to a spreadsheet as I see many of you do, makes sense and as someone with ocd and who loves a list this DEFINITELY appeals!

When breeding, if a dragon is eg blue and purple is it suitable for a breed that requests just one of these colours? Ormdoesmit have to be a just purple dragon and a just green dragon eg if told to breed purple and green for a goal? I'm also getting the idea there's no guarantee you'll get the dragon you're trying to breed? Is that right?

Trading - more of an opinion I guess, how do you decide which to trade and which to keep? Which to sell?

Prefer to buy new habitats or upgrade current ones? What are the pros and cons?

Buy or breed (although to be honest I rarely have the money or gold to buy at this stage)?

Why am I getting goals I can't possibly achieve at the level I'm at right now? Plus THERE'S LOADS at any one time! I currently have 21!! Can't remember them all so they were added to the memo.

As I say apologies as I'm sure these answers are in the forum somewhere, but I'm finding a lot of the threads are set at a level for more experienced players to read.
    As a more experienced player, I suggest you to relax and take your time playing/breeding. Cause once you get many dragons like me, you will find the game a little too restricted in terms of how many land you have, how long it takes to expand just 1 square, what you can buy with coins, and most importantly, how many dragons will be stuck in storage for awhile.

Anyways, I only trade dragons that are duplicates, so I only keep 1 copy of a dragon, no point of keeping many of them when the land given is so scarce.

As for habitats, I would spend coins to buy them when you don't have any gold, no point of getting those that costs gold when you don't have any, plus the fact that those gold costing one only gives you more coins, which you will eventually find useless, all the more reason not to buy those.

And dragons, like me, I'll only breed, never buy with gold. Unless those are only purchasable with gold, then I'll buy them.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Good post Ken. The game is much different after as long as we have been playing huh? Advice to relax is very sound indeed.
    Cheers,
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    As a more experienced player, I suggest you to relax and take your time playing/breeding. Cause once you get many dragons like me, you will find the game a little too restricted in terms of how many land you have, how long it takes to expand just 1 square, what you can buy with coins, and most importantly, how many dragons will be stuck in storage for awhile.

Anyways, I only trade dragons that are duplicates, so I only keep 1 copy of a dragon, no point of keeping many of them when the land given is so scarce.

As for habitats, I would spend coins to buy them when you don't have any gold, no point of getting those that costs gold when you don't have any, plus the fact that those gold costing one only gives you more coins, which you will eventually find useless, all the more reason not to buy those.

And dragons, like me, I'll only breed, never buy with gold. Unless those are only purchasable with gold, then I'll buy them.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    Good post Ken. The game is much different after as long as we have been playing huh? Advice to relax is very sound indeed.
    Cheers,
    Jen
    Great to see someone agree with me
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Question about crafting, what's the point of crafting decorations? Are they useful or do you earn points?

Farm Supplier
    In my opinion, decorations are not worth crafting. I don't have space to put them in, and they don't do anything, just occupy free space where you can put habitats. But that is just how I play this game, some people have a lot decorations on their islands, so if you want to decorate your island, go for it

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, I don't do decorations either, didn't want to waste materials and space on junk

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Najchi View Post
    In my opinion, decorations are not worth crafting. I don't have space to put them in, and they don't do anything, just occupy free space where you can put habitats. But that is just how I play this game, some people have a lot decorations on their islands, so if you want to decorate your island, go for it
    Same here

I already lack space to put all my dragons that have been stuck in storage for quite a few years, no point to occupy precious space on my island when I don't even have enough space for habitats and dragons
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12