Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Patrick's Day Event starts March 3, 2016

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sloebear View Post
    You are right, you do have to still make them. The advantage of buying them in the newspaper is that you can give 4 pairs in whilst you are still making them. This means you complete the goal earlier and can get started on the next one. It saves on time but, yes, you do still have to make them.
    Thank you so much sloebear! This makes perfect sense now. :-)

*scurries off to neighbours shops* ☘🍀☘
    ID is ArlettesFarm. Level 52. New neighbours always welcome - add me and I'll confirm as soon as I get back online.

Fashion Designer
    Delivery after delivery & no mining tools.
    Fear I will be stuck on #6. Can't mine, used all my iron ore already & my deliveries are dropping nothing but $
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

New Resident
    Any tips on getting ore? I've been trying for 3 days to get some so I can craft the emblems and so far have only managed to get enough to make 2 ��

Executive Chef
    I was afraid to collect my pony since the possibility of lucky coins dropping afterwards was low but I have only received 1 coin in the last 2 days anyways....this is not fun. I'm gonna get my pony now.

Ok, I have the pony and petted it to get the lucky coin.....which gave me my 4th scarecrow. I still have 6 prizes to go for the topiary.
    Last edited by tuffyjkitten; 03-10-16 at 12:17 PM.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwikids1 View Post
    Any tips on getting ore? I've been trying for 3 days to get some so I can craft the emblems and so far have only managed to get enough to make 2 ��
    Keep an eye on the buy/sell thread as more people are finishing now. Also keep looking through the newspaper, fill deliveries for mining tools and hopefully you'll get enough in time! Still 5 days left so plenty of time Also keep an eye on your wall in case you have a friendly neighbor willing to put some up for you

Host(ess)
    I've only gotten gold coins from the mine. Read that some were getting them from the pond. Anywhere else?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by npt727 View Post
    I've only gotten gold coins from the mine. Read that some were getting them from the pond. Anywhere else?
    I believe I've had one from a plane delivery, but all others have been from the mine. None from the pond for me.

Fashion Designer
    I haven't receieved any gold coins via mining, fishing or deliveries! Boooo! Lol! I even used two of my gold lures. Thankfully I had a stock pile of tools and metals because gold is so elusive. These leprechauns are really hoarding all their gold!! Please let loose of some!! I definitely won't be getting the topiary because the only coins I've received are when I complete a goal, I'm currently making green juice and hats. But other than no gold coins or gold in mine I've had no issues! Good luck everyone!

Farm Supplier
    Still on level 3 as only managed to make 3 pairs of shoes. I have used over 70 mining tools and only received 2 gold,the other one I received from the prize machine. No gold in the mine and none in the newspaper so it looks like I'm done with this event. Even if I managed to make the last pair of shoes I know I still need more gold and as it appears Storm8 has taken it from the mine there is no chance. 53 silver, 21 ore & 11 emeralds

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jillybobs2 View Post
    Still on level 3 as only managed to make 3 pairs of shoes. I have used over 70 mining tools and only received 2 gold,the other one I received from the prize machine. No gold in the mine and none in the newspaper so it looks like I'm done with this event. Even if I managed to make the last pair of shoes I know I still need more gold and as it appears Storm8 has taken it from the mine there is no chance. 53 silver, 21 ore & 11 emeralds
    This is going to sound really stupid and lame, but DON'T go into the mine to look for gold. Go in with the focused intention of finding iron ore so you can make earrings in the jewelry maker (assuming you have it) or regular belts in the studio. I've found that mining or fishing with the intention of finding something specific usually results in never (or extremely rarely) receiving it. On the other hand, focusing on something else specifically has given me what I really needed but which I had told myself I was not looking for. In my "silver mine" (since that is practically all I ever get outside of events), when I think intently on finding silver, I end up getting ore or gold (sometimes rubies). At the Fishing Pond, I can be using dough baits, but if I tell myself I want Anchovies to make more bait or pizzas, I end up pulling out Bass and Catfish instead.

It might work for you as well.