Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Patrick's Day Event starts March 3, 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    You should try out the advise from Judy, they are good advise. Likewise, I dont give my deliveries nor trains these ores so I can conserve them for events. I also stock up about 10 of these ores plus mining tools during non event days cos no one will sell them during an event that needs it. I buy whenever I see from the market. I mine some before the event so it takes off the stress of not finding what I need in the mine.

Before you decide to quit the game, I would suggest that you sit out an event or two to stock up your barn, coins, etc. Once your barn is well stocked, then join the event when you are ready or up to it. It is stressful and frustrating to do an event with limited resources especially when time is the essence. You can also read this thread (Is your farm ready for an event?) and see if it helps you. Post your difficulties there so fellow members can also give you advise for future events. Lastly, read Post #110 in current thread on good advise by generalmadness on event play.

Events are optional. If you enjoy this game for the game itself, play on and do the events only when you feel up to it. Hope this helps. All the best.
    I agree with judyandthecats' advice, and yours as well...however, this particular event was excessively draining on mining tools compared to previous events. I started this with nearly 70 each of picks and shovels, and am now down to 5 each thanks to the need for emeralds and gold (in exchange, I ended up with a glut of silver, iron and--surprisingly--rubies, and barely managed to stockpile enough gold and emeralds to finish the goals (based on the numbers listed on the first page). Actually, I have an excess of emeralds, but barely any gold.

If the drop rates would just remain relatively consistent between normal play and events, I think everyone would be a little happier. Obviously, something would need to give since you can't have like 30% iron, 40% silver, 15% gold, 5% rubies, and 10% everything else (coins, gems, tools, etc.) and add in a new items without taking away from something, but for me, it was like iron and silver both got boosted by 5%, gold got dropped by 12%, and the emeralds made up the other 3%. I'm sure it's different for others (my mine seems to be a silver mine...except when I actually need silver), but I'm also sure they might feel similarly put out that the mine output shifts so drastically during events.

On another note, I just need one more prize--the ticket--before I can get the topiary, but with so few tools left and no Golden Lures left, I guess I'm out of luck. Oh, well...I should still be able to get the pony, though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkinPark92 View Post
    I need gold nuggets but the game won't give me any while mining.
    Stormie doesn't sell gold and on the market they don't sell it.

I see that we will need a lot of gold so I quit with the goal. I will never be able to make it in time.

Same with the dog wedding where I got 1 or 2 gold request per shipping which costed me the dogs and a lot of time because I had to wait for new shippings or how they are called.

And the same problems with the train. They ask a lot but the rewards are []

Thinking of deleting this game.
    You still have plenty of time, don't give up. These quests aren't something you can do on your own, let neighbors and others help. Read your game wall.

Rhino Keeper
    I finally got all the prizes!! It's so worth it it rains clovers!! So awesome!! Thanks S8 for making coins drop AGAIN..

I completed the quests and earned my pony! I have one more item to win in the gumball machine. Whether or not I win the topiary will be pure luck because, while I still earn coins from deliveries and mining, I have been winning duplicate prizes rather than the one item I need - the gold lure. Frustrating, but that's the game.
    What I don't understand is why St. Patrick's Event items are part of the train deliveries. Once we complete the Quest, we no longer have the ability to build things like the emblems. I was lucky to find one player who was selling 10 emblems that I needed to provide for the last set of delivery items. Now the game wants 25 lucky shamrocks. I can't grow them. It's unfair to ask for items that we cannot build or grow. I am at level 86 and don't remember ever having to provide items under these circumstances. I guess I'll just have to sit this round out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    I got seven gold coins using the golden lure.
    I just used my only golden lure and got 5 tunas...... was gonna save it for those limited time x2 days but oh well. Huge waste.

Thank you for all who posted the next few steps. Seeing I'll need a lot more gold nuggets, and I only managed to get one to make one pair of shoes after using up all of my mining tools I think I'm done here. The thing that this game realllllly gets on my nerve is that it heavily relies on chance drops. If you aren't lucky you can send out 10 deliveries or mine 10 times and not get a single item you need to advance in the timed event. For Castle Story and Restaurant Story, their timed events don't rely on chance drops so even with my busy work schedule I can plan accordingly and still finish the events within time limit with minimal gem use. Farm story events just seem to heavily rely on non-guaranteed drops so much it's frustrating. It's hard to plan ahead by pre-stockpiling items with limited barn space. I have been trying to expand to the alpaca since last December and I'm still not there yet because deliveries don't guarantee drops (sometimes it only drops coins) and with the limited barn space (still don't have enough paint to expand the barn) it's hard to stock on tools and maps etc for expansion and what not. The events kept happening nonstop so I can't even stock up enough money to buy the other machinery like the pizza oven

TL;DR - I'm done and through with this game. I'll be selling off all of the event items I hogged from the market during the next hour or so and delete the game. Thank you to everyone who helped me with the game in the past. You guys are awesome.
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 03-10-16 at 01:04 AM.

Twice now I have collected something I made for this event and after collecting them it is like I never made them. The first time was 3 of the cookies. I was close to having the full number needed to complete the required amount, (I made extra & should have had 2 more than needed), they didn't show as being collected so I made just the number needed to complete the task. The 2nd was 3 of the cake slices. Same issue, made more than needed & should have had 2 extra. I see others have had this issue as well. I closed the game & restarted my iPad. I then had 1 of 3 of the cake slices show as collected in the event challenge but in my barn, it still shows as though I didn't collect them.

Any my help from Storm8 would be great!
    Thanks.

Farm Supplier
    Quick question about the event parts that can be found for sale in neighbors shops, the newspaper etc...

If I buy a pair of lucky pants from the newspaper for example, I can see how that would help me in the "Give four pairs of lucky pants to Darcy" task, but it doesn't help me complete the task to *make* those four pairs of pants does it???? So I'm still not going to be able to complete the task without making four buckles first - which requires the ever-elusive golden ore from the mine.

Or am I missing something really obvious here? What is the advantage to buying these parts from the newspaper?

Thanks all - and good luck with your event!
    ID is ArlettesFarm. Level 52. New neighbours always welcome - add me and I'll confirm as soon as I get back online.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArlettesFarm View Post
    Quick question about the event parts that can be found for sale in neighbors shops, the newspaper etc...

If I buy a pair of lucky pants from the newspaper for example, I can see how that would help me in the "Give four pairs of lucky pants to Darcy" task, but it doesn't help me complete the task to *make* those four pairs of pants does it???? So I'm still not going to be able to complete the task without making four buckles first - which requires the ever-elusive golden ore from the mine.

Or am I missing something really obvious here? What is the advantage to buying these parts from the newspaper?

Thanks all - and good luck with your event!
    You are right, you do have to still make them. The advantage of buying them in the newspaper is that you can give 4 pairs in whilst you are still making them. This means you complete the goal earlier and can get started on the next one. It saves on time but, yes, you do still have to make them.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by krisscritters View Post
    Twice now I have collected something I made for this event and after collecting them it is like I never made them. The first time was 3 of the cookies. I was close to having the full number needed to complete the required amount, (I made extra & should have had 2 more than needed), they didn't show as being collected so I made just the number needed to complete the task. The 2nd was 3 of the cake slices. Same issue, made more than needed & should have had 2 extra. I see others have had this issue as well. I closed the game & restarted my iPad. I then had 1 of 3 of the cake slices show as collected in the event challenge but in my barn, it still shows as though I didn't collect them.

Any my help from Storm8 would be great!
    Thanks.
    Sorry to hear that you were having issues. Did you remember if you had left your game running in the background before you collected your items? It could be that you returned to the game and collected some items, then the game refreshed and you lost a few of the items you had just collected. It is recommended that we close out our games when we werent playing to avoid such incidents. For future reference, if you forget to close your game, force close it without doing any farm action. Start game afresh and then proceed with your collection, etc.

Are you able to proceed with your goals now or are you still stuck with the issues which you have mentioned? Please let me know. Thanks.

Grand Emperor
    @PookieBear50, @CLOVERKAITO

You both have given very good feedback on this event and game. I appreciate your feedback and the trouble you took to write and post it. May I suggest that you leave your feedback in the Farm Story Events and Challenges thread? Your feedback posts here tend to get lost in event thread since this goes to numerous pages. It will be most helpful to have the community feedback in the above thread so we can keep a record of them together.

Likewise for other community members, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments about events there. Once we get more feedback, I will submit to the team for their considerations.

@CLOVERKAITO - I am sad to hear you're leaving. I hope you will reconsider just playing the game and skip the events for now. I can understand events can be frustrating or stressful wiith the drop rates.