Thread: Possible gold acquisition ideas

Possible gold acquisition ideas

I know this subject has been discussed before, but really there has to be a way to alleviate the gold situation. The standard "d/l this game and get such and such gold" isn't there anymore. Plus t/l took away quest for gold which occasionally yielded some, at least enough to keep us hoping and trying. It can occasionally be won in tournaments, but amounts are lower and tournaments are more and more difficult especially when one is not granted a diamond and cannot win a champ. It's getting very stressful and there really isn't a need for that. Please see and respond to a few suggestions:

? add gold in addition to/ or instead of coins in spin-to-win.

? be able to sell certain dragons for gold (up to 5 gold max for super rares)

? have option to view adverts for gold. (1-2 adverts/day for 1 gold each)

? add gold to mining prizes (a rare but not impossible prize)

? bring back quest for gold. Why was that taken away?

? add confirm option to prevent accidental gold loss.

These suggestions do not make for players to just cash in but just to alleviate some of the stress of trying to achieve and enjoy the game, enhance the experience a bit. A game is supposed to be fun. sorry for lengthy post but please consider and respond. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    all good ideas
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Rhino Keeper
    Definitely need a confirmation button for using gold!
    Events to earn gold as prize?
    Increase the number of neighbors you can gift to daily
    exchange dragons.
    One thing is certain, many players are getting discouraged because gold is hard to come by and many items are extremely costly.

Rhino Keeper

Gold requirements

Everything in DS requires an extraordinary amount of Gold, which is difficult to obtain for most players, given the limited opportunities and 3 gift policy. Perhaps the cost for certain things could be lower, such as boosted breeding and acceleration on times for habitats, evolution and nest times. I've played countless games and DS by far is the most expensive, requiring gold for numerous items and actions with nearly no reasonable means to receive or earn the amounts needed. If you're not going to change the 3 gift policy or offer more ways to get Gold, drop the cost .

Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    Definitely need a confirmation button for using gold!
    Events to earn gold as prize?
    Increase the number of neighbors you can gift to daily
    exchange dragons.
    One thing is certain, many players are getting discouraged because gold is hard to come by and many items are extremely costly.
    I absolutely love these ideas! Anything to make getting gold easier. Could always change the lower gold cost things to buy for coins and maybe lower the higher gold cost things a bit, especially things like mystic maps, 10 gold for 1 map is a bit high don't you think?
    Exchanging or trading for dragons with neighbors would be great! I've gotten multiple rainbow and have neighbors that are trying to breed them. I would love to trade my extras for say another dragon, food or mystic maps.
    Finally it you pay gold for something you should get gold when you sell, not full price since it is no longer new, lol, but say 5% of cost, hence a dragon bought for 2000 gold could be sold for 100 gold. I believe that's reasonable, shoot I'd settle for even 3%, especially since it seems more and more things needed in a reasonable amount of time cost gold.

This seems to be a very major complaint!
    I've been reading this forum as I wait for mystic maps to expand, sorry I'm not paying 10 gold for one map, much less 140 gold for the 14 maps needed so I'm stuck waiting. Oh I've requested maps but have only received 26 from my 80+ neighbors. Then again I don't know if they are all still playing but there's another thread about solutions for the active vs inactive neighbors issue.
    Anyway to get to the point, as much as the gold issue and the dragon trade/helping neighbors in different ways keeps coming up one would think there would be some positive changes made. Since it doesn't seem to be happening I can't help but wonder if these are being read by anyone other than players.

Rhino Keeper
    As long as enough people buy gold I doubt there will be any free gold increase. Probably be more gold decreases. I liked the install a game for 30 gold and get to certain levels for 15. That's now been more than halved.

No idea why get rid of a gold quest and replace it with a pointless coins quest.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrrem View Post
    As long as enough people buy gold I doubt there will be any free gold increase. Probably be more gold decreases. I liked the install a game for 30 gold and get to certain levels for 15. That's now been more than halved.

No idea why get rid of a gold quest and replace it with a pointless coins quest.
    That's true about free gold, since it's making money for them, there's no reason to give away for free

Same thing about the quest I believe, they got rid of it because it has the possibility of giving gold to players by just spending a little coins
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

New Resident
    To tell you the truth, I'd still be happy if they did only half of those things. Still don't understand why they would chop the rewards for the games.

Farm Supplier
    I would love as many avenues for collecting gold bars as anyone else. But this must be a two-way street. TL/S8 could just give us all unlimited gold supplies; heck they could lift the need to have gold & just make everything you want "click-and-its-yours" ... But the bottom line is TL/S8 wants to make money. They want to pay their bills, feed their families & get filthy stinkin rich, just like most business owners. Their objective regarding us is just to keep us happy enough to keep playing and keep spending money.

Just making a list of ways that they could give us gold is pointless... that is good for us, but eventually would put them out of business & the game would go away.

Likewise, if they make it so hard and so expensive that we quit playing... that would eventually put them out of business too.

We need to come up with ideas that give us an opportunity to acquire gold and be happy continuing to play the game .... AND ... a way that enough of us continue to spend real money that it is worth it to them

For example: Back in the day, they used to do those raffle type contests. Everyone who bought or bred a dragon received an entry, & every level you raised that dragon you got another entry ... then after a certain time, TL/S8 would draw from those entries & award gold gifts to players. I think if they would do that again, they could make a lot of money from people buying an unbreedable, special dragon ... and then doing a raffle to pass out gold to a number of players. ... That way they win if enough of us buy the dragon & we win with the hope of a big payday.

I'm sure there are a ton of ideas we could all come up with, but they have to take into account both sides of the equation.