Thread: CS Stealing Gross Amounts of Data Storage on Device

Fashion Designer

Angry CS Stealing Gross Amounts of Data Storage on Device

I'd like to know why CS is using 1.4 GB of documents & data storage when the app size is 121 MB?

Likewise, Farm Story 2 is at 891 MB. Frozen Mania is clocking 779 MB and Hungry Babies 641. Compare this with a heavy graphics puzzle game like The Room at 361 and Machinarium at 256.

Are you collecting user data?

Eating up these gross amounts of data storage space is unacceptable. If you cannot get it in line, I may have to delete your games.
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Not currently accepting new neighbors.

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

Rhino Keeper
    I just deleted and reinstalled the app and it dropped the size from 1.1G to 200M. It'll probably go up more when it has to reload all of the buildings that my neighbors have in their kingdoms, but maybe it got rid of some year old dialog or somthing like that.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    I just deleted and reinstalled the app and it dropped the size from 1.1G to 200M. It'll probably go up more when it has to reload all of the buildings that my neighbors have in their kingdoms, but maybe it got rid of some year old dialog or somthing like that.
    I hope there's a solid explanation, because I do like playing many Storm8 games.
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Gardienn, this has been flagged with S8. thanks.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache.
    I understand that, but it seems that the size is way too large for those images. If that's truly what it is, S8 needs to reduce this somehow because it eats way too much storage space, especially if we download more than one S8 game. I had to delete some.

Thanks for the response.
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

Rhino Keeper
    I'm glad sort of, that I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm on iPad mini and not sure how to check how much is being used by what or how to clear. My games are all I use the iPad for at home, and a couple of months ago my data usage started going through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by justmine2 View Post
    I'm glad sort of, that I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm on iPad mini and not sure how to check how much is being used by what or how to clear. My games are all I use the iPad for at home, and a couple of months ago my data usage started going through the roof!
    Tap - Settings, General, Storage & ICloud Usage, Manage Storage.
    You should see a list of all the apps & amount of space it uses.

To clear your cache:
    Tap Settings, Safari, Clear History & Website Data
    Also go a bit further down & tap Advanced, then Website Data. I also click Remove All at the bottom of the screen.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Tap - Settings, General, Storage & ICloud Usage, Manage Storage.
    You should see a list of all the apps & amount of space it uses.

To clear your cache:
    Tap Settings, Safari, Clear History & Website Data
    Also go a bit further down & tap Advanced, then Website Data. I also click Remove All at the bottom of the screen.
    We don't play CS or the other games on Safari. How can clearing Safari's cache clear game app data?
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

That may be but if storage is a problem, this will help to a certain extent. Especially if you're having problems with loading the game.
    Another thing to do is clear pic from your device if you have a large amount. It's a good idea anyway to keep from losing important ones. Make sure they get on your computer through iCloud & you can burn them on a disc from there.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******