Originally Posted by SpiritWind00
Ivy's Petting Zoo
[==Update requires app update to Version 1.4 on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 2/19. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 2/22.==]
Once you start the event, you will have 10 days to complete it.
You can start the event any time between today and 2/22.
If you have not manually started the event by 2/22, the game will start the event for you. You will have 10 days from 2/22 to complete the event.
Tips from players (and me!)
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).
5. LOWER LEVELED PLAYERS (<25) HAVE LESS REQUIREMENTS. THEY ARE AT THE END OF THIS POST.
Ivy's Petting Zoo (limited time event goal, level 15+) (2x2) limit 2 Cannot be sold
Info: A fun place for the kingdom's children to meet and learn about young farm animals!
Collection time: 22 hours
Speed up: 44 gems
Drops: reported drops so far: water, wheat, wool, pile of seeds, fertiliser,
Cost: 500 coin to purchase
Build/Level 1: 25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay | 50 coin /1 day
Level 2: 20 water, 5 simple glue, 10 white planks | 100 coin / 1 day
Level 3: 5 super glue, 10 white planks, 130 fresh hay | 150 coin / 1 day
Level 4: 75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food, 25,000 coins | 250 coin / 1 day
Level 5: 20 milk, 10 stone block, 15 animal feed and 50,000 coins | 350 coin / 1 day
** The gift for completing this storybook is another level 5 petting zoo. You will find this in your inventory once you get the ingame popup saying you've completed the event.**
Chapter 1 goal information: Man, we sure do have a ton of animals! Unfortunately, not all of them can be of much use on our farms. Still, there's gotta be some way for them to be a bigger part of our kingdom. Why don't we ask around for ideas? Between that and caring for the animals, we're sure to think of something!
Goal 1 Visit 10 cottages (skip 100g)
Goal 2 Visit 10 Kingdoms (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Collect from 10 horses (skip 100g)
* Hay is now unlocked for you to start collecting. It is not the reward for finishing this goal, ie, you won't find any in your inventory.
* You need to visit community members for goal 2.
Chapter 2 goal information: I got it! Let's build a Petting Zoo! That way, the younger animals can help bring cheer to the kingdom's children, and help teach them about caring for animals. I bet that's make lots of the kingdom's families real happy! To start things off, we'll need to collect some Fresh Hay. We can find some from Farmhouses, Stables, Hatcheries, and Wheat crops!
Goal 1 Find 10 Fresh Hay (skip 50g)
Goal 2 Purchase the Petting Zoo (500 coin) (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
Goal 3 Have a Level 1 Petting Zoo - [25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
* Hay comes from stables, hatcheries, farmhouses and harvesting wheat
* when waiting for Chapter 2, farmhouses, stables and hatcheries drop hay. Collected 10X and picked up 6 fresh hay so far.
* Farmhouses don't have to be level 5 to drop hay.
* ones you collect before goal 1 is available do not count toward your 10 hay, however, they can be used to build the zoo as you need 75.
* 3 drops from each stable and hatchery. 0-2 from farmhouses.
* Hay is 5 gems each
* ~~~~once you upgrade the zoo, hay will stop dropping until it's needed again in Chapter 4~~~~ MAX HERE IF YOU CAN!!!!
Chapter 3 goal information: What a wonderful proposition! It is going to be a lot of work getting a Petting Zoo up and running, though. Are you up to the challenge, Young Ruler? Before we get much further, we should plan the enclosure that will hold our Petting Zoo's animals. The first step will be deciding on the right colour for the enclosure! Something bright and easy to spot, perhaps?
Goal 1 Buy 10 Iceland poppy patches (you must purchase new ones) (skip 10g)
Goal 2 Gather 10 White Petals (skip 10g)
Goal 3 Make 10 white Dye (skip 50g)
* you have to buy new poppies.
* white dye is 2 white petals, 2 water. Potion Shop - 1 hour each.
* some players having problems with the poppies not registering. Force close your game and visit a neighbour to sync your game. It will register, you may need to buy a couple more.
* if you are maxed on white petals, goal 2 can still be done. You will receive the black bar max message, but the goal will complete once you collect 10 petals.
Chapter 4 goal information: An excellent choice, Young Ruler! White will stand out very nicely against the animals! While you were working on the dye, I drew up these plans for the enclosure. I hope you will find them sufficient? I propose we make the enclosure with wood planks in the layout shown here, on scroll K364. Shall we begin with the foundation?
Goal 1 Chop down 5 Trees (skip 50g)
Goal 2 Make 5 White Planks (skip 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 2 Petting Zoo - [20 water, 10 simple glue, 10 white planks] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
REGULARLY ASKED QUESTION:
* Trees - you can partial chop to save time if you want. Dead trees also work.
* some players having problems with the trees not registering when chopped. Force close your game and they will register.
* White planks are 2 white inks, 2 wooden beams. Workshop - 1 hour each.
* Maximum number of planks in inventory is 10.
* Just make sure you don't have more than 5 planks in your inventory by the end of chapter 4 because we need to make 5 more in chapter 6 and can't use up any extra ones there.
Game says my inventory of white planks is full, yes it says I have 10, but challenge says I still need to make 1. Have force closed, left game open, shut down tablet, but nothing changes. I'm on chapter 4 and can't finish it. Help please!
ANS: Go to your zoo and upgrade to use 10 planks and then you can finish the storybook goal & craft the last ones.
Chapter 5 goal information: We're almost ready to start gathering the animals! Before we do, though, we need to make sure we'll have ample space for them to live when they're not in the Petting Zoo. Let's make sure our Farmhouses, Stables, and Hatcheries are up to speed. Remember to collect some Fresh Hay when you visit them!
Goal 1 Have 3 Level 5 Farmhouses (skip 150g)
Goal 2 Have 2 Level 5 Stables (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Have 2 Level 5 Hatcheries (skip 100g)
* These 3 goals will auto complete if you already have these items at the required levels already.
Chapter 6 goal information: Our farmers have begun to get the Petting Zoo's animals settled into their new accommodations! It is time at last for us to get our enclosure built. This task will call for more White Planks and Fresh Hay. I suggest we additionally enlist the expertise of our farmers and stablemen! Perhaps if we assist them by providing some animal-based goods, they will lend a hand with construction?
Goal 1 Give 15 Rope (skip 60g)
Goal 2 Make 5 White Planks (skip 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 3 Petting Zoo - [5 super glue, 10 white planks, 130 fresh hay] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
* White planks are 2 white inks, 2 wooden beams. Workshop - 1 hour each.
* You can make the rope ahead of time.
Originally Posted by stargaze91
Chapter 7 goal information: All this work sure is giving me an appetite! i bet the farmers and stablemen feel the same. Why don't we take a little break from construction? If we don't keep ourselves well-fed and energized, we could really mess up the Petting Zoo.
Goal 1 Have 20 fish (skip 80g)
Goal 2 Harvest 10 corn (skip 30g)
Goal 3 Harvest 5 Carrots (skip 20g)
* 'have' means it comes from inventory.
* you have to harvest corn/carrots...ones in inventory don't count.
* plant your carrots ahead of time and wait for the goal before you harvest.
* make sure you have enough corn and carrots to make all of the animal food.
* Finishing chapter 7 doesn't reward you with animal food, it unlocks the recipe for it in the kitchen.
Chapter 8 goal information: We are not the only ones who must stay well-fed, Young Ruler! The Petting Zoo's animals will also need to be well-fed, if they are to remain active enough to play with the kingdom's children. Let us prepare some meals, both for the animals and for ourselves. The workers have said they will provide us with some more building materials in return for a filling feast!
Goal 1 Give 3 spicy feasts (skip 45g) Goal prize is 30 Living Wood!
Goal 2 Have 5 animal food in kitchens (skip 100g) goal updated from 'make' 5 to 'have' 5.
Goal 3 Have a Level 4 Petting Zoo - [75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food, 25,000 coins] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
* you can prepare your feasts now if you want. They come from inventory.
* animal food can only be made in the kitchen.
* animal food is 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish each. Kitchen - 1 hour each.
* You can start making food as soon as you finish Chapter 7.
* Max on animal food was 15, but is now 25 with the change/fix to goal 2.
* DON'T make more 10 before this goal starts
* REPORT MADE TO STORM8 ON LIMIT PROBLEM OF ANIMAL FOOD. REFER TO THE TOP OF THIS POST...
* Goal 1 prize is 30 Living Wood!
Chapter 9 goal information: Hooray! We're so close to finishing the Petting Zoo! Aren't you excited? I think we got a bit overzealous with construction, though... The Petting Zoo can handle more animals than we've got! Luckily, the solution to this problem is pretty simple... More animals!!!
Goal 1 Raise 10 cows (black and white coin cows take 5 times to become an adult) (skip 100g)
Goal 2 Raise 10 pigs (black coin pigs take 12 times to become an adult) (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Buy 10 horses (skip 100g)
Goal prize is 5 or 10 animal food!
* it has been confirmed that you can prepare for this goal. You must have at least 1 more feed left to save time.
* Do not buy the horses in advance! The goal says to buy them so previously purchased ones won't count.
* black pigs are coin purchase ones.
* NOTE: if you raise a baby pig or cow you taken out of your inventory (ie, not purchased one), be mindful they all have different feeding schedules.
* If you are having issues with your black pigs not growing up, force close your game. It takes 12 feeds in total to make a baby pig an adult. Guides all updated with the feeding times.
* Note: if you store any Animal while it's still a baby, the amount of times you need to collect will reset back to the beginning.
Extract from the Hub:
Gem Pig and Cows
20 Pink Pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour
120 Albino pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour
360 Royal pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour
40 White cow - initial, then 4 pets every half an hour
120 Black cow - initial, then 4 pets every half an hour
240 Royal cow - initial, then 4 every 30 mins then grows up and every 2 hours
Coin Pig and Cow
500 Cow - initial, then 4 pets every 3 minutes
12,000 Black pig - initial, then 11 pets every hour Confirmed that it takes 12 pets to grow into adult.
Chapter 10 goal information: Are you ready to at last open the Petting Zoo to the public, Young Ruler? I think it is about time we spread the word! let us pay our neighbors a visit, and spread the word in our kingdom's Market Place
Goal 1 Visit 20 Kingdoms (community members) (skip 200g)
Goal 2 Visit 2 Market Places (skip is 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 5 petting zoo - [20 milk, 10 stone block, 15 animal feed and 50,000 coins] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
Originally Posted by michdeman
* if you get the message you're at the maximum limit when trying to purchase an additional cottage or farmouse eg, you need more farmhouses (in chapter 5) or you need more cottages (in chapter 1), be mindful that there is a limit to how many town buildings you can have (in storage or on your board) which (currently) is 40 (and may be less for lower leveled players). You either have to sell another town building or skip the goal with gems.
* both farmhouses and cottages are classified as town buildings.
* Building requirements for cottages and farmhouses, stable and hatchery:
Level 1 | 3 Stone Block, 3 Wood BeamFarmhouse
2 | 25 Stone, 25 Wood, 10 Hide
3 | 3 Stone Block, 2 Wood Beam, 5 Fur
4 | 2 Fancy Blocks, 2 Fancy Beams, 25 Hides, 10 Fur
5 | 4 Fancy Beam, 4 Fancy Block, 5 Yellow Dye, 20 Fur
Level 1 | 10 Stone, 10 WoodHatchery
2 | 10 Stone, 10 Wood, 20 Milk
3 | 2 Wood Beam, 2 Stone Block, 25 Eggs
4 | 4 Wood Beam, 4 Stone Block, 20 Milk, 20 Eggs
5 | 3 Fancy Beam, , 3 Fancy Block , 30 Milk , 30 Eggs
Build Lv.1 : 9,300. 2 Simple Glue 3 stone block 3 wooden beam Stable
Lv.2 : 20.000 coin. 5 stone block.5 wooden beam.30 Milk.
Lv.3 : 40,000 coin.3 fancy beam. 3 fancy block. 5 Noodle.
Lv.4 : 65,000 coin. 5 fancy beam. 5 fancy block. 1 Golden Egg
Lv.5 : 90,000 coin. 3 Golden Egg. 3 Royal Beam. 3 Royal Block
Build Lv.1 : 12,300 coin. 4 fancy beam. 4 fancy block. 3 super glue
Lv.2 : 25,000 coin. 2 fancy beam.2 fancy block. 50 corn
Lv.3 : 45.000 coin. 4fancy beam. 4 fancy block. 50 wheat
Lv.4 : 65,000 coin. 50 carrots. 2 royal beam. 2 royal block
Lv.5 : 90,000 coin. 50 cabbage. 4 royal beam. 4 royal block