Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refusing gold or other items

Rhino Keeper

Question Refusing gold or other items

What happens if I refuse the gold that someone has sent me -- do they get notified of the refusal? Do they get a chance to re-send that gold to someone else?

Also, am I being super selfish for accepting people's gold when I don't intend to send it back to them (I've already my got regulars that I trade gold with every day)?

What if I refuse to send someone a map or lotus flower, are they notified of that? Do people often refuse to send them? Why on earth would someone refuse to send them?

Rhino Keeper
    1) Then you just don't receive the gold. And no, your neighbor won't be having a notice of refusal nor a chance to re-send it to anyone else (one player can only send 3 golds/day, and maximum of 1 piece to one neighbor)

2) I don't know if accepting a few gold from the community considered as selfish. A number of new players tend to try sending to other players to find daily gold-trading neighbor.

3) Same of when you refuse the gold from neighbor, they just don't receive the item they request and of course no notification of that. "Do people often refuse to send them?" - this I don't know, but I don't think neighbors would "often decline request" as you don't lose or need anything to accept your neighbor request.

Hope that's help

Executive Chef
    I've read here on the forum about a person that doesn't approve of certain your type of play, he/she refused to sent the maps/lotusses. For example, he/she would refuse requests from neigbors that never visit or leave a mssg on his/her wall. To me that's weird: just remove such a neighbor instead of refusing the request would make more sense to me.

I don't mind, I always reply to requests

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I've read here on the forum about a person that doesn't approve of certain your type of play, he/she refused to sent the maps/lotusses. For example, he/she would refuse requests from neigbors that never visit or leave a mssg on his/her wall. To me that's weird: just remove such a neighbor instead of refusing the request would make more sense to me.

I don't mind, I always reply to requests
    OMG! You have got to be kidding. I have over 100 neighbors and I have many neighbors that have hundreds. There is no way I could visit each and every one every day let alone leave a message. Between events and tournaments and trying to grow as much food as possible and collect coins as much as I can. When would I have time to visit all? I visit as I can leaving messages is just way more time consuming. Even now since I am laid up with a knee injury I am playing way more than normal i would get so board just visiting everyone.

I always return requests. I always wondered why have the button to decline? It is just as easy to click the accept button as it is the decline.

I really wonder if this person visits each and every one of their neighbors and leaves a message to all? If they do, do they only have a handful of neighbors like under 50? If they have 100 + nneighbors do they have any kind of a live besides the game?

Rhino Keeper
    @ Jagger517 my thought is if I send someone gold I would hope they except. Since we are limited to sending out only 3 I would rather see them have than for it to go nowhere.
    An idea if you feel uncomfortable continuously excepting without returng drop them a message telling them thanks but you have 3 neighbors you already send to.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by silverybunny View Post
    OMG! You have got to be kidding. I have over 100 neighbors and I have many neighbors that have hundreds. There is no way I could visit each and every one every day let alone leave a message.

I really wonder if this person visits each and every one of their neighbors and leaves a message to all? If they do, do they only have a handful of neighbors like under 50? If they have 100 + nneighbors do they have any kind of a live besides the game?
    I don't know I too have 100+ neighbors (not all of them active, but I still recieve 20 maps per day, so no complaining here), and NEVER visit, as my device may crash. My wall is very silent too, 1 or 2 messages per month I don't need the coins, just need neighbors for exchanging gold and maps.

But when you're a beginner, you can definately use the 250 x 5 (dunno how many dragons you can play with, lol, this shows how long it has been since I stopped visiting) coins each visit gives you. And some players are very social players, and find friendships through their walls.

Anyway, not my type of playing this game

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know I too have 100+ neighbors (not all of them active, but I still recieve 20 maps per day, so no complaining here), and NEVER visit, as my device may crash. My wall is very silent too, 1 or 2 messages per month I don't need the coins, just need neighbors for exchanging gold and maps.

But when you're a beginner, you can definately use the 250 x 5 (dunno how many dragons you can play with, lol, this shows how long it has been since I stopped visiting) coins each visit gives you. And some players are very social players, and find friendships through their walls.

Anyway, not my type of playing this game
    My game also crashes when I visit can only visit about 4 before it crashes but I try and visit at least a few of my neighbors but not going to guarantee. What do you get for someone visiting and playing with your dragons?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by silverybunny View Post
    What do you get for someone visiting and playing with your dragons?
    For every dragon of mine that someone has "played with", I get one XP (the purple stars) and an extra 250 coins (no matter what, even if that takes the habitat above its maximum).

Friends can play with up to 6 of my dragons each visit/day, but neighbours can only play with 3.

Rhino Keeper
    That's not just weird, that's extremely rude in my opinion. Not everyone that visits can leave a message! And why refuse, what does that even do? Since the person isn't notified, you're not "teaching them a lesson" by refusing, you're just being a **** [insert insult of choice here]!

I have a couple neighbors who have stated they play from their wall. I think they want the social give and take as part of their experience of their game. They are probably either lonely or very social! To each his own. They may think it's rude not to post or have that social exchange when giving/sending maps or gold, or visiting. I have relatives that are like this. I do agree that it is kind of rude to EXPECT someone to post on their wall, but on the other hand, if that's how they want to play, it's their choice. Most people don't play that way as like you most of us are too busy. Some people see that as an excuse and believe in the pleasantries of the human social interchange. It may be a way of weeding down their neighbor list. It's cumbersome to have too many I think. Also, I have seen on some walls entire discussions, life updates, inspirational quotes,etc. that have made me laugh and cry! That's one reason I look at my wall everyday. I had this one neighbor that visited me everyday and left a funny post each time. It made my day brighter and encouraged me to play. This game is somewhat about time management and how if we take the time or spend our time wisely, WE can create a beautiful experience! Please add me, marcatwolf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast