Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues following release of iOS version 1.7.8

Issues following release of iOS version 1.7.8

Given that there seem to be multiple threads and posts popping up in the aftermath of the most recent iOS app update I thought it a good idea to create a centralised thread. Remember everyone that you are best to post your device details when providing your own experiences!

I mainly play on an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2 (not 9.2.1 which is the most recent)

My personal issues are twofold:

• Prior to downloading the app update loading the game would result in a level 1 starter game appearing. The account login function would not allow me to log into my main account - the Storm8 ID and password were recognised, but the level 1 starter game was just reloaded instead. Intriguingly the same does not apply with my secondary account, which could be logged into without any problems.

• After downloading the app update the same situation persists upon opening the game (level 1 starter game appears) but now the account login function is gone altogether! Is it being replaced by the Facebook / Game Center storage features mentioned in the app update description?

What makes this all the more confusing is that there are absolutely no problems accessing my main account on my iPhone 6s (also iOS 9.2).

I realise that emailing support is the standard thing to do when you have problems, but from what I've seen it appears that many players may be having similar issues with the latest app update, so perhaps it is easier for the game's developers to deal with the issues through a thread like this, much like with the infamous version 1.7.6?

Anyway, feel free to add your own experiences and hopefully something can be done sooner rather than later...
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant

Executive Chef
    So, are they doing away with the login feature for all devices in all games? So if you have more than one account do you just lose the other ones?

New Resident
    Pls help, my RS account in my ipad mini restart to lvl.1 again after updating RS to version 1.7.8. Is there a way to get my account back. I'm lvl 99 already for more than 3 years. And tomorrow is goal day. Pls resolved this problem speedily.

I'm having the same problem. We have multiple users me and my daughters. Now we can no longer access the games. Sad development��

Host(ess)

What Happened to Storm8 Account Settings?

I have two Restaurant Story accounts and run iOS 9.2.1 on my iPod. I was logged in to my secondary account when I updated to 1.7.8.

When I went to login to my primary account, I found that Account Settings was gone. There was no way for me to login to my primary account. Have never used Game Center on my iPod. Today I signed in with my Apple ID and password and now I think that the secondary account is now permanently linked to my Apple ID.

All I want is my primary Restaurant Story game back. How do I do this?

Bring back the Storm8 Account Settings and Login!

Grand Emperor
    You should be able to install Bakery Story and log into another account. The feature is still there.
    EDIT 2/10/16 : No, this won't work. It'll transfer all games but RS.

For the mods or Storm8 staff:

Will the login feature be put back into RS?

Will the ability to earn free gems or speed up cooking time by watching videos be restored?
    Last edited by nmishii; 02-10-16 at 02:17 AM.

Executive Chef
    I posted the following here but just in case it gets looked over and this section is more monitored, I'm posting it again because we all need answers.

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Restaurant Story 1.7.8 will not have access to the login feature any longer as we're working to roll out a new feature. If you have a secondary account that you're unable to access with the new update, please email support@storm8.com for assistance.
    Hi mods, could you please elaborate on this statement made at the Restaurant Story bugs thread? By connecting our games to Game Center/Facebook via version 1.7.8, does it mean we're back to how the game used to be before the login feature was released and we won't be able open or use our secondary accounts using the same device anymore? Or can we still use BS or DS to login to other accounts since those apps didn't have an update?

What will happen to our secondary accounts? Can we still use them at all and how? If our main account is now tied-in with our AppleIDs/Game Center/Facebook, do we need a separate AppleID/Facebook for our secondary accounts just so we can use them to login and out?

For those of use who haven't updated to the newest version, are we going to be affected of this change? Will we be able to continue using the login feature as long as we don't update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could address all these concerns, given this change was done without prior notice or and we weren't given any information on how to navigate it. Thanks.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by melati72 View Post
    Pls help, my RS account in my ipad mini restart to lvl.1 again after updating RS to version 1.7.8. Is there a way to get my account back. I'm lvl 99 already for more than 3 years. And tomorrow is goal day. Pls resolved this problem speedily.
    Phew.... At last I've got my lvl 99 account back in my ipad mini by connecting to Facebook (go to setting- login to FB). And received 20 gems for the connection. Now i have to login and logout from FB if i want to play using different device.

Having a slightly different problem. Played my level 99 RS on iPad earlier today and now it has completely vanished from both of my Android devices! Not amused.

I'm not on Facebook and don't want to be. I just want my game back. Goals start tomorrow.... this is not a good time for switching things up.

Will send the email to support but am not looking forward to the excruciatingly long wait and lack of any real assistance.

ETA... sent the email to support and received the standard boilerplate reply which includes a requirement for stating the number of neighbors and the amount of gold in the account. Really?! Who keeps track of that. I have no idea and wouldn't hazard a guess.

After continuous play for more than two years and who knows how much real money spent on gems, is restoration truly going to be dependent on these values. Obviously if I had a sniff that my game was going to vanish, but this unpleasant surprise wasn't anything expected.
    Last edited by DragonWished; 02-10-16 at 12:13 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Just checked my Android phone, and yes, I too do not have RS on it. I went to the Invite Friends tab and tried to log into my account. I doesn't work. On the list of games to transfer RS does not show up. I am not happy. Like DragonWished posted, goals start tomorrow and I play on my phone when Wifi is not available.

Why do you guys always do such a poor job trying to make enhancements to games? Please try to test your changes, especially when it can affect multiple platforms. And stop breaking things that aren't broken.

Even though this is an Android problem, which often gets ignored, can you please fix this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast