Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Forbidden Love Event!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyaa7 View Post
    Chapter 9 requires crafting 2 contrastias which also requires return letter??? And chapter 10 requires archway of worlds requires 2 return letters? Am i missing something?? I would love it if it only needs one
    Contrastias takes secret letters, from opposites attract quest. It will take 2 hems for the archway though

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    Contrastias takes secret letters, from opposites attract quest. It will take 2 hems for the archway though
    Oh good. Thanks!! 2 is better than 4!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Chapter 9 requires crafting 2 contrastias which also requires return letter??? And chapter 10 requires archway of worlds requires 2 return letters? Am i missing something?? I would love it if it only needs one
    Contrastias require secret letter (black) from questing. Archway requires two return letters (gray), crafted from small black onyx and secret letter. So two small black onyxes are required to complete the archway.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    I'm with you on that one! Just started this but am not planning to complete the tale at the moment. I don't want these dragons enough to let go of those onyx stones!
    Lol but then again.. If it's only 1 oynx to give up...maaaaaaaybe. Lol. But thats also a lot of food too.
    Android User~Island name: Lakeside Park~ID: vshephard96
    Specs: Games play: DS. Visit neighbors that have a social rating. I Send gold and maps daily.
    When visiting my island, read my WALL, If I learn anything new I post, and I always post how i got particular dragons(unless its those dreaded "common" dragons-lol) also if I'm heading for vaca I leave a note.

Level 109
    228 dragons
    And Always happy with gifts of gold.
    FINALLY A DIAMOND DRAGON

Executive Chef
    We need 4 black gems to finish this tale, correct??
    I don't get any black fails trying for deep freeze. Just corals after corals.. Ugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    You only need one. Or am I overlooking something? It's only chapter 6 (level 11-200) oder chapter 8 (level 41-110).
    I believe it is two black gems. You need two Return Letters to craft Archway of the Worlds, and therefore one onyx for each letter, therefore 2 onyx.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post
    Contrastias require secret letter (black) from questing. Archway requires two return letters (gray), crafted from small black onyx and secret letter. So two small black onyxes are required to complete the archway.
    Yes, that's my calculation too.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    I posted this on the Groom thread as well: watch out for crafting clashes if like me you are going for two Groom dragons (I do, to get large Onyx, never bother re small ones other than to have some on hand, too slow).

I've not yet crafted my first Groom (faced a few yucky opponents after the tournament), but if I start today that will clash with Tales crafting needs, but if I don't craft I'll not collect more rings for a second Groom.

Just in case anyone else is doing both.....

Rhino Keeper
    Can someone tell me what the cut off time is for starting?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger517 View Post
    It's not that the event requires three different levels, but rather that it has three different levels of difficulty based on what level you are at.

Edit: low level from 11-40, mid-level is 41-110, and high-level is 111 and up... and I am now 100% sure on those numbers, hence the edit
    Thank you for your explanation. Makes total sense. I'm in the high level. Time to figure out an strategy and start Monday. Good luck everybody. I usually do the first 3 chapters in one day since they are easy to complete. Btw guys try to do things a head of time which will make it easier to complete the chapters. For example You can raise dragons to max level witout being penalize as well as crafting and quests but DO NOT complete until prompted to do so. ENJOY EVERYONE.

Executive Chef
    I think this is for very advanced players only:

This is the way I play it: this time I've started the Tales this morning, as early as I could, and payed 5 gold to skip to day 2 immediately. That way I already have the egg. At this moment it's 1 day and 7 hours before day 3 starts, and my Dame is already in the Evolution Temple going to lvl 7.
    I don't need any food (have 2,250,500, since I very rarely level a dragon above lvl 7) and usually during tales I don't breed, plant, quest, evolve or craft, unless the Tale tells me so. I've NEVER missed out on an Tale, and it NEVER costs me more than a few gold (like this one, 5 to start day 2 immediately, and save myself a lot of stress, lol).

I made sure I had a Life-egg and a Fuzzy-egg on my 2 spare-nests before the event started (yes, I have 3 nests). I have 8 small black gems, and both Onyx dragon and Jade, so I don't have any better use for the black gems than this event. Afterwards, I will try to make more (I always sold Nights right of the nest, thinking they couldn't be traded, like Forest and Air). I don't think I'll run out of space any time soon, even tho I have over 500 unique dragons, for I don't mind keeping all possible eggs in storage, where there are over 144 now.

Steps to take (high lvl, I'm lvl 192):
    Day 2
    during the day raise Dame to lvl 10
    optional: quests, one of each

before bed sent out "until then"

Day 3
    during the day collect "until then"
    optional: quests, one of each

before bed plant 6 5-hour crops
    sent out "opposites attract

Day 4
    during the day plant and collect 6 impruberries in unused farm (30 seconds)
    collect 6 5-hour crops
    collect "opposites attract"
    optional: quests, one of each (if not done on day 2 and 3, you MUST do it on day 4)
    stop breeding!

before bed craft 1 Contrastias

Day 5
    during the day win 4 battle arena matches
    collect 1 Contrastias
    breed Air + another dragon

before bed send out "opposites attract"
    craft 1 Return letter
    plant 6 20-hour crops

Day 6
    during the day hatch a Life dragon
    have nobel crystal
    raise Dame to lvl 11
    collect 1 Return letter
    not so optional: craft and collect 1 Return letter

stop leveling!

Day 7
    during the day plant en collect 6 Buffbeats (3 min)
    collect 6 20-hour crops
    collect "until then"
    breed Water + another dragon
    optional: hatch Lord dragon (3 hour)
    optional: raise Lord dragon to lvl 4 and 7

before bed raise Lord of light to lvl 10
    sent out "opposites attract"

Day 8
    during the day hatch a fuzzy dragon
    (raise Lord of Light to lvl 4)
    win 3 arena matches
    optional: raise Dame to lvl 14
    optional: raise lord to lvl 12

craft 1 contrastias
    plant 4 20-hour crops AND MOVE THOSE FARMS TO ANOTHER LOCATION to prevent accidental collection

Day 9
    during the day (raise Lord to lvl 8)
    collect "until then"
    (raise Dame to lvl 14)
    collect 1 contrastias
    craft collect 1 contrastias

before bed plant 3 firapples
    craft 1 archway of worlds

Day 10
    during the day harvest 3 firapples
    plant and harvest 3 firapples (1 hour)
    (raise lord to lvl 12)
    harvest 4 20-hour crops (move the farms back)
    win 4 arena matches
    collect 1 archway of worlds

Still need to find out with what I'll let my Air and Water breed, to have the shortest breeding/hatchin times. Guess it's Olympus again, as the longest time of the outcome is 16 (Air-Olympus) or 10 (Water-Olympus) hour.
    Last edited by Anaboe; 02-07-16 at 06:05 PM.