Thread: Earning Fewer Coins

Earning Fewer Coins

Can someone tell me what's going on? I've got neighbors who have been playing forever who are saying they are having to cook things like Red Velvet Cake and they are having to ask that they be gifted Cappuccino just so they can see an increase in coins. I've been playing for three years and until the disastourous update they had, back about 6 or 7 months ago, I was earning coins at a pretty steady rate, but I've been stuck at between 38,000,00 and 39,000,000 since then. I've quit cooking, and quit buying anything. Watched the coin counter and it took me one day just to earn 100,000 and that was with the morning bonus! For Petes Sake! We spend that much on goals every month. We use to earn 200,000 a day. Finally got ticked off and spent 10,000,000 of my coins. I've been saving and saving for a complete Bakery re-do, but not getting anywhere.

What Gives!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by abrightfuture View Post
    Can someone tell me what's going on? I've got neighbors who have been playing forever who are saying they are having to cook things like Red Velvet Cake and they are having to ask that they be gifted Cappuccino just so they can see an increase in coins. I've been playing for three years and until the disastourous update they had, back about 6 or 7 months ago, I was earning coins at a pretty steady rate, but I've been stuck at between 38,000,00 and 39,000,000 since then. I've quit cooking, and quit buying anything. Watched the coin counter and it took me one day just to earn 100,000 and that was with the morning bonus! For Petes Sake! We spend that much on goals every month. We use to earn 200,000 a day. Finally got ticked off and spent 10,000,000 of my coins. I've been saving and saving for a complete Bakery re-do, but not getting anywhere.

What Gives!!

Try changing your table layout and put register closer to door. You can only have a certain amount of customers in your bakery at any given time, so faster you get them in and seated the faster you will sell. More tables you have and the farther you place register from door will decrease your selling rate. If you have efficient layout you can sell up to max 45,000 plates per day at 4 coins/plate that's still 180,000 coins. If you have alot RVC at 12 coins/plate or any other dish at 10 coins /plate, obviously your profit will be quite higher than this. Sometimes if I have too much food will stop cooking (except during goals) or cook only RVC till it sells off. Here's old Restaurant Story thread on efficient layout that will help here in Bakery Story as well. Some use T-design some use multiple door pen layout. I've tried both liked t-design better, but try both and see what works for you. Profits will come, I did expansion think in November and already have 15,000,000 coins toward my next expansion of 30,000,000. I'm level 99 and could have done expansions alot sooner but I take breaks from game every so often lol

Note neither layout is pretty, but they are efficient.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....without-maths)
    Last edited by pcabral03; 02-05-16 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post
    Try changing your table layout and put register closer to door. You can only have a certain amount of customers in your bakery at any given time, so faster you get them in and seated the faster you will sell. More tables you have and the farther you place register from door will decrease your selling rate. If you have efficient layout you can sell up to max 45,000 plates per day at 4 coins/plate that's still 180,000 coins. If you have alot RVC at 12 coins/plate or any other dish at 10 coins /plate, obviously your profit will be quite higher than this. Sometimes if I have too much food will stop cooking (except during goals) or cook only RVC till it sells off. Here's old Restaurant Story thread on efficient layout that will help here in Bakery Story as well. Some use T-design some use multiple door pen layout. I've tried both liked t-design better, but try both and see what works for you. Profits will come, I did expansion think in November and already have 15,000,000 coins toward my next expansion of 30,000,000. I'm level 99 and could have done expansions alot sooner but I take breaks from game every so often lol

Note neither layout is pretty, but they are efficient.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....without-maths)
    Thanks pcabral03

I'm enclosing a pic of my bakery with my response.

Inserted a door near the bottom right hand corner of my bakery and blocked the two main doors. Also, cut off entry, with two "pooches" so that they are only allowed to sit in the surrounding corner only. Guess I'll be changing my layout today. I've known about the T-Design for ages. lol! I'm sad that in order to make money, I will have to forgo my design. But I so appreciate your response to my post. Your a peach!
    Guess I'll be taking your advise. Have an awesome day!

Well, for some reason, the upload keeps giving me an error so I'll have to forgo the pic. But I I have your advice, and I'll be using it. Back to the T-Design for me.

Executive Chef
    Thanks pcabral03

I'm enclosing a pic of my bakery with my response.

Inserted a door near the bottom right hand corner of my bakery and blocked the two main doors. Also, cut off entry, with two "pooches" so that they are only allowed to sit in the surrounding corner only. Guess I'll be changing my layout today. I've known about the T-Design for ages. lol! I'm sad that in order to make money, I will have to forgo my design. But I so appreciate your response to my post. Your a peach!
    Guess I'll be taking your advise. Have an awesome day!

Well, for some reason, the upload keeps giving me an error so I'll have to forgo the pic. But I I have your advice, and I'll be using it. Back to the T-Design for me.

You're welcome glad to help

This is closed t-design I have, for reference if you like. Stored all extra doors/registers except one. I seem to sell better this way, go figure. I could have more space for decorations if I take out the bottom tables, but I like alot keeps the neighbors happy.

Executive Chef
    It takes me forever to get the 12 million expansion....

Farm Supplier
    If you move your cash register 5 tiles from the door, customers don't have to stop at the register and this saves more time getting them in. Read this on this forum and it works.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmatina View Post
    If you move your cash register 5 tiles from the door, customers don't have to stop at the register and this saves more time getting them in. Read this on this forum and it works.

I tried that before as well, decreased sell rate in my bakery for me though

Did everything I should and still having trouble collecting enough coins. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Another neighbor complained yesterday. Said they noticed it too and they are thinking of quitting because of it. Several other neighbors asked a couple of days ago. Gems are hard to come by, as it is and now coins? *SMH*

Nightclub Owner
    Did everything I should and still having trouble collecting enough coins. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Another neighbor complained yesterday. Said they noticed it too and they are thinking of quitting because of it. Several other neighbors asked a couple of days ago. Gems are hard to come by, as it is and now coins? *SMH*
    Figure out what recipes make you the most profit and cook only those.There are several threads on this forum that discuss profits and strategies to make the highest profit. Remember that it takes a long time for things to sell, so that's why people cook so much RVC. It's a high profit recipe but has a lower food yield, so it doesn't take forever and a day to realise the profit.

This is an older thread discussing just this, but it may still be useful (sorry I don't play BS any longer so can't offer a more recent thread...) https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ategies+profit