Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kindle

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by SodieLynn View Post
    I'm not sure. I have a newer Kindle.
    Looks like your newer kindle is not compatible with the game. Sorry!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I have a Kindle Fire HD7. The games were working just fine until this update. In fact, I just bought this Kindle as an upgrade this past summer and went through a whole process of getting all the games transferred from my old Kindle to the new one. And now I see that was pretty much pointless. I've played these games for years and now lots of time (and some money) pretty much wasted. I can still play DS on a different account on my iPad but the rest of the games were played on my Kindle. I am not downloading any other TL games on my iPad.

Executive Chef
    Do they plan on making it compatible? I think it's kind of cold, if people have been playing this game and invested money, to just suddenly not be compatible with their device any longer.

I notice this with a lot of the games and with a lot of non ios devices. One day the game is compatible, next update of the game it is suddenly no longer compatible.

I think it is ridiculous that these things change without a thought to the users. I guess I've learned a lesson. I will never spend money on a game ever again.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SodieLynn View Post
    I think it is ridiculous that these things change without a thought to the users. I guess I've learned a lesson. I will never spend money on a game ever again.
    I'd write or call amazon and ask for a refund.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    An automatic update from Amazon? Hmm wonder if I should turn off auto updates?
    I did get some updated information. I would suggest turning off automatic updates.

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Thanks for reporting this! I did check and was told that storm 8 recommends against updating the OS of your Kindle for now.

They have seen reports that updating can cause issues with accessing the games.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I did get some updated information. I would suggest turning off automatic updates.
    Well I can't not update it or I wont be able to use my kindle services anymore(e reader, amazon prime, etc..) and I do use my kindle for other things besides storm 8 games. So are you telling me when it updates I won't be able to access the game anymore?

They are saying it has to be updated.

I recently went through having my BS, DS, and RS games transferred to my Kindle Fire HD 6 from my first generation Kindle Fire (after my other 2nd generation Kindle Fire HD was stolen). I also went through the recent Amazon update and afterwards my games did not work. My Kindle now pops a message saying that this is a compatibility problem on Storm 8's end and they have notified them to update their apps for the new Kindle situation.

I waited a few days for the situation to fix itself but I have just sent Storm 8 a request for information on this problem. I want to know if they are working on it or if I should expect these games not to be available for me to play anymore.

My kindle just did a update as well I keep getting a black screen. Amazon is telling me it's no longer compatible. This something that is going to get fixed or not.

I'd really like Storm8 to update their apps, because I do enjoy playing them. However, if I don't update my Kindle, I can't use it at all. Is Storm8 going to update or not?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast