Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day Goals- February 2016

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by phatzs View Post
    That is what I was thinking on the time length of this goal. I thought maybe if it was 10 days long instead of 6 it might be easier for some(especially lower level) players to get all 3 prizes. And if you finished early, you would still have time to continue making some of the vday recipes. I also agree that collecting the cards is much better than relying on a special character that has different drop rates for everyone, but time consuming at least for me it is. If your a lower level player you have to make more of the lower card drop recipes and constantly wait for them to finish to remake. On the other hand a higher level player can make higher card drop recipes, but those take longer to make so idk if anyone really makes out on what I'm trying to say lol. The amount needed vs the time to do it is what makes it hard. Anyway GL to everyone and hope everyone is successful!
    Yeah that's true, I'm only level 23 and don't even have cake maker unlocked so all my recipes doesn't produce much cards so it is pretty time consuming for me too to cook everything and check game a lot!
    Well at least I hope to get the bear - it would be the first prize I get from the quest in this game:>

Fashion Designer
    To be honest, the regular recipes have not helped that much. The cards are all from the 10 card Valentines recipes. So this time, its just collecting those ingredients every hour to make those recipes.

The only thing I do not like about this is we have no high coin recipes and there's no reward for finishing the event early. Having the 9 marshmallow drops was the best reward ever. With this event I am actually losing money because I got tired of selling my counters with all the new food all under 6 coins per plate. However, this is a very different event and I love getting three prizes especially because the people who may not play so frequently can still get a prize instead of all or nothing. Hope S8 will keep experimenting to find the best possible goal layout, lots of progress made everytime!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CammoAmmo View Post
    To be honest, the regular recipes have not helped that much. The cards are all from the 10 card Valentines recipes. So this time, its just collecting those ingredients every hour to make those recipes.

The only thing I do not like about this is we have no high coin recipes and there's no reward for finishing the event early. Having the 9 marshmallow drops was the best reward ever. With this event I am actually losing money because I got tired of selling my counters with all the new food all under 6 coins per plate. However, this is a very different event and I love getting three prizes especially because the people who may not play so frequently can still get a prize instead of all or nothing. Hope S8 will keep experimenting to find the best possible goal layout, lots of progress made everytime!
    I think I'm gonna try this strategy by cooking only the vday recipes the remainder time and see if that helps me, or at least gets close to finishing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by catfoodie View Post
    I like that we have to collect cards instead of setting up a timer to collect special ingredients. However, it would be better if the quest actually had more steps and we were rewarded cards for completing steps. Maybe it would make sense to have 4 sets of goals that last each 5 or so days. I agree that it is a little boring to cook dishes in order to get cards, and event could be longer. But I defiantly like this system over collecting special ingridients/mastering dishes :>
    I also like collecting cards. I especially like them way better than waiting for goal ingredients to become available again. As CammoAmmo said, you don't get that many cards from completing non-goal foods, but at least you do, and I don't feel like I'm "wasting" my time by making non-goal foods. And yeah, I agree about getting cards for completing steps.

Rhino Keeper
    I have not had any cards count since the first day. My Love Guru still shows 715/90 with a 0 under it. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. Nothing has changed. I am going to delete and reinstall again.

I think that I didn't understand this. Maybe it's working fine. The high count is climbing.
    Last edited by catpaladin; 02-07-16 at 01:08 AM.

Farm Supplier
    I kind of like this approach to the special goals. We're not just waiting around for one ingredient for hours and hours. Instead people can choose to proceed at their pace. If you want to keep checking and baking continuously, you can. But if you want to just pop in now and then, you can. Plus I like that the regular recipes help progress toward the event goals.

It's a fun little short event.

And kudos to the design team - the images of the special recipe items are really quite well done. I kind of hate deleting the low coin items from my counters because the displays look so pretty

The one negative I see is the 'notes' animations seems to be a big battery drainer. (Note sure, but I have to charge way more frequently since this events been on)

Grand Emperor
    I agree. This goal series is a good improvement from past goals. It's more effort base than waiting for drops. I like that we have 3 prizes to work towards. This allows me to win a teddy even if I don't have time to get to the last prize. I'm glad that S8 took our feedbacks and made this a better event. Great job!

Rhino Keeper
    Ugh I'm getting bored! I'm sorry I'm reaching my limit with this game! I feel like I'm constantly making stuff to reaching incredible goals! Is the kitty an animated item like the owl because I may hang in there! One would think that things may get easier as you advance in the game but things just get more and more expensive and harder to obtain! It's not worth all my free time!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by catpaladin View Post
    I have not had any cards count since the first day. My Love Guru still shows 715/90 with a 0 under it. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. Nothing has changed. I am going to delete and reinstall again.

I think that I didn't understand this. Maybe it's working fine. The high count is climbing.
    The goal is actually collect 900 cards. So the 90 that you see with the 0 underneath is actually a 900 with one zero pushed down to the bottom. Keep collecting, you're almost there!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CammoAmmo View Post
    The goal is actually collect 900 cards. So the 90 that you see with the 0 underneath is actually a 900 with one zero pushed down to the bottom. Keep collecting, you're almost there!

Thank you so much for this explanation.. I was going to give up due to time constraints thinking it was hopeless. I have an iPhone 6splus... it never occurred to me that the game wouldn't be sized to this. Now, I'm excited.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast