Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: What is going to make you stop playing?

Executive Chef
    @Jackiesq - why would people say they bred if they bought? Why lie about it? Weird.

I'm getting really frustrated with tournaments. In the past I've had no problems with them. I swear it seems like ever since I got my diamond dragon I hardly ever win one, despite logging in every hour. This tournament I got stuck on spirit warrior for 2 1/2 days! That's just crazy in my opinion. I tried everything that was suggested plus my favorite fighters. I'm also sick of breeding the same few dragons all the time, even rare ones. I'm constantly breeding penumbra, athletic, and especially lunar ram every time I try for valiant dragon. I use to buy gold for speed breeding but now it seems pointless. Seems like storm 8 is trying to force me to spend my gold on beating champions in tournaments instead of how I want to anyway.

Fashion Designer
    I started playing DS to breed dragons, something that has been a real issue on my island since October after I bred my first Diamond @ 120ish. Not one single limited dragon has made an appearance on my island and not for a lack of trying, it gets old getting fail after fail. I finally gave up on trying for what S8 was pushing and decided to just try to breed for older dragons and had some luck and that has renewed my interest in DS.
    I've only been playing for a year and hoped I would have fun with DS for at least a few years, guess I'll take it day to day.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, so far my Dragon Story is gone because I had to uninstall and re-install every single time I wanted to play and even then sometimes it would not open. I then updated my mini ipad thinking that might help but nope! Dragon story - same problem AND Restaurant Story is now back to Level 1 and I cannot find my Level 50 Restaurant anywhere!!! So that is the end of that! I still have my Level 50 Bakery??? and my Level 50 Castle Story but really thinking about quitting that because of the new S8 development team or whoever is making all these changes requiring gems. I have purchased thousands of gems over the years on this game because I loved it but I do not like to HAVE TO purchase them.

Banned
    Breeding is still too difficult! I can see you going days with not getting the dragon you are trying for but weeks and weeks and weeks with the same common fails is ridiculous.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    Breeding is still too difficult! I can see you going days with not getting the dragon you are trying for but weeks and weeks and weeks with the same common fails is ridiculous.
    I agree, but that is what happens on my island fail after fail for limited dragons and I'm not buying them. If it isn't something that's good in battle arena it isn't worth spending gold IMO. Everyone has different expectations for DS and for me breeding and tournaments are what I find to be fun.

Gold giving dragons are worth buying when on sale but that doesn't happen often either. Oh my I just noticed I have a 24 hour gold sale lol, must be getting ready for leaderboard event.

New Resident
    For me what would make me leave the game is when im no longer able to display my dragons. I can't imaging not being able to show off all the awesome dragons ive either worked hard to win or used my hard earned money to buy. It would be super disappointing when i reach a point where i cant display anymore of my dragons.

Also the fact they cut the gold you get for installing and playing games has almost caused me to quit due to the fact that for a long time i relied on the gold i got from those games to buy myself the dragons i really want. id save that gold up for ages or until there was a really good sale so i coulb buy my dragons but now since its been more than cut in half i cant rely on that gold in order to buy dragons i really want i have to spend my money to buy them, and i dont mind doing it sometimes but its gotten to the point where if i really want a dragon i either have to miss it because i cant afford to spend the money or i have to scrounge up the money to buy the gold so i can get my dragon.

Executive Chef
    I'm slowly loosing interest. Nothing in particular, nothing that irritates me much, just slowly loosing interest. It is getting a bit boring:
    Mining dragon's: I don't even have to try hard to get the dragon, just playing regularly, evolving one or two Mists or Islands for bombs and I'm done.
    Crafting Arena dragon: just win the tournaments, do a few extra rounds in the arena and craft it.
    Expansions: just ask and be pati?nt
    Tournaments: since I have many lvl 15 dragons, these are easy...
    Gold: have 5 lvl 10 gold-giving dragons and I rarely step in gold-traps
    World-events: just keep my 3 nests filled with water-eggs, and it's easy to get the last individual prize
    Arctic Isle: breeding for one of the two diamond-hybrids. Over and over and over and over again
    Tales: a tiny bit more challenging. But once I made my step by step-plan, easy breazy. I always have over 2,500,000 food, so it never is difficult for me.
    Breeding: getting the same dragons over and over and over and over and over again...

Einstein once (alledgedly) said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome". I think I'm going insane.

The leaderboards could have been fun, if it wasn't a type of cut-throat-game-play.

3 years ago, I switched from Android to iOS because of Dragon Story (iPad mini 1), and just now I upgraded to iPad mini 4. The gaming experience has been great: no crashes, often no loading time at all. But it's boring.

To be honest, I think S8 has an imposible task: keeping both new and very long term players happy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I'm slowly loosing interest. Nothing in particular, nothing that irritates me much, just slowly loosing interest. It is getting a bit boring:
    Mining dragon's: I don't even have to try hard to get the dragon, just playing regularly, evolving one or two Mists or Islands for bombs and I'm done.
    Crafting Arena dragon: just win the tournaments, do a few extra rounds in the arena and craft it.
    Expansions: just ask and be pati?nt
    Tournaments: since I have many lvl 15 dragons, these are easy...
    Gold: have 5 lvl 10 gold-giving dragons and I rarely step in gold-traps
    World-events: just keep my 3 nests filled with water-eggs, and it's easy to get the last individual prize
    Arctic Isle: breeding for one of the two diamond-hybrids. Over and over and over and over again
    Tales: a tiny bit more challenging. But once I made my step by step-plan, easy breazy. I always have over 2,500,000 food, so it never is difficult for me.
    Breeding: getting the same dragons over and over and over and over and over again...

Einstein once (alledgedly) said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome". I think I'm going insane.

The leaderboards could have been fun, if it wasn't a type of cut-throat-game-play.

3 years ago, I switched from Android to iOS because of Dragon Story (iPad mini 1), and just now I upgraded to iPad mini 4. The gaming experience has been great: no crashes, often no loading time at all. But it's boring.

To be honest, I think S8 has an imposible task: keeping both new and very long term players happy.
    totally agree : i have been playing for about 3 years now , and i'm starting getting bored now.
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Anaboe and Clark_Wayne I also totally agree. I don't go in to the game to play nearly so often and because I have over 7000 gold saved up, I speed through the 1st 15 rounds of tournaments and then just plug away at the last 15 over the next couple of days and so generally have them all completed by the Friday.
    Also now they release so many new dragons all the time and there is no way of getting them all, I have stopped caring about whether I get dragons or not, which is just as well as I almost never breed a new dragon now - I have been breeding my diamond and champion in an attempt to breed the new diamond/champion hybrid with no success as yet. I can't display all my dragons anyway because I don't have enough room so no point really in winning them through tournaments, tales and world events.
    Additionally I hate the new leaderboard event and it really puts me off playing to the extent that I may not play at all whilst it is on this time.

All in all it is just getting a bit boring.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast