Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going to make you stop playing?

Executive Chef

What is going to make you stop playing?

Over the years, TL/S8 has made some, imo, stupid changes, and left some stupid options unchanced.

* the lack of confirmationbutton, gold-traps, combined with their rufusal to undo such spendings
    * the removal of the option to get gold from the quest-outpost
    * lowering the amount of gold you can earn in the tournaments
    * making the Tales depend on luck instead of hard work
    * breaking their promise to never release more dragons than you can house on your island
    * remove the option to earn gold by watching adds
    * raising the cost of dragons on sale (used to be 240 gold, now 340)
    * the removal cq lowering earned gold when installing and playing other games, while still advertising for them

Yes, there have been some awesome additions to the game, but they are greedier and greedier by each month.

What is gonna make you stop playing?

To me, it's the luck-factor in the Tales: the moment I can't finish a tale because of not being able to breed the right dragon or such, I'm afraid I'll loose interest.

Nb, this is by no means a bash-S8 topic, just out of curiosity, and to show S8 what chances will loose players.

Executive Chef
    I'm not sure, Anaboe, as I haven't been playing as long as some, therefore some things aren't changes to me, they are just the way the game is.

I also have a slightly different perspective on some things, I think. I see the cost of everything goes up: petrol, food, movie tickets. Even sale items like a dress has a higher sale price this year than last year. So I expect games will follow a similar economic path. Sad, but it is the way the world is.

The Tales luck versus hard work question: well, it is a game, so luck is a part of it, I suppose.

As for the space considerations, I do think S8 MUST enable the display of all dragons. I do understand development lead times etc etc, but it must be the ultimate development objective.

The ads - that was never fully implemented and only a few players had it (I never got it) so any change means nothing to me personally.

I agree with you on the reducing the rewards and the gold prizes in tournaments - not good decisions in my view. Removing gold from the quest was also shortsighted.

probably when I run out of room in my game.
    or if I get too annoyed with the lag/slow load time

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by feonalily View Post
    probably when I run out of room in my game.
    or if I get too annoyed with the lag/slow load time
    Now there IS something that would stop me playing - response time/performance!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Now there IS something that would stop me playing - response time/performance!
    Yep that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that would make me quit.

Rhino Keeper
    Like DeeDee, I'm not a long time player, so am not aware of some of the changes mentioned. But for me there are two circumstances which would probably see me quitting the game for good:

1. It reached the point where the cost of dragons, habitats etc were raised too high and the gold rewards reduced too low, so it just became too difficult to make purchases without spending real money.

2. Losing too much gold to a gold trap that S8 refused to reinstate!

I love this game and the fact that I can play it without spending money on it if I don't want too (I sometimes do, but I know its totally optional). But if I ever feel like I HAVE to spend money to enjoy the game, then I'm outta here. There's plenty of other games I could be wasting my time on

Rhino Keeper
    Several days to expand has ****ed the game for me. Anything new I breed now needs to sit on the nest until I can get another expansion done, and I just don't care enough to plan ahead anymore.

Fashion Designer
    I guess two things would end it for me.

- Not being able to display all my dragons. I know many players already have this problem, but I couldn't deal with it so easily. I don't see any point in trying my best at Tournaments, World Events, Dragon Tales etc. if I can't even show my won dragons. What's the point? Hoping and praying that one day I might be able to display 5 more dragons when I still have 100 other dragons in my storage? No, thank you.

- Not being able to start the game. Duh. Obviously I wouldn't be able to play it anymore then. But that's something I'm worried about because I'm still playing on the Halloween version and can't open any other versions. So I'm worried one day they'll delete the Halloween version or I won't get a really important update (e.g. more land, Arctic Isles).

I'm also annoyed by the gold changes and gold traps (lost 500 gold a few days ago and as Anaboe mentioned the support won't help). The gold changes probably won't stop me immediately, but I could imagine that I would simply stop playing if I ever lose a really high amount of gold again, especially if I needed the gold at that moment (e.g. there's a new Treasure or Diamond on sale and I'm saving up my gold, but then I step right into a gold trap and lose it all).
    Last edited by hiabarara; 02-03-16 at 08:59 AM.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Banned
    lag and slowness of course but I think many would quit if we ever fail to meet the final goal in a world event.

Fashion Designer
    For me, it would be lack of new content such as tournaments and tales, that gives me something to do besides breeding and planting food. I used to play Fashion Story but without monthly goals it became mind numbingly boring.
    Also the lack of space to display dragons, a problem that I don't have yet but I can see it coming.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast