Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Champion Dragons

Farm Supplier

Question Questions about Champion Dragons

Hi, I'm level 98, playing on IOS device, and just recently resumed playing dragon story after a long break of around 2 years and am really confused about the Champion-type dragons... So I really hope some people can help me sort things out a little bit.. *^^*

1. From the forums about battle tournaments I've read here, there are several dragons (angelfire, amazon, black knight, etc..) with the Champion type, and from what I've read, they seem to be the best and most preferred choice in battle. Are there any differences between each Champion dragon? Or are they all equally strong and have the same strengths?

2. Apparently, most Champions were previous tournament bosses (of which I have sadly missed), and cannot be acquired through breeding. There are only 3 champions that have yet to expire from the market (ninja, paladin, and valkyrie). The wiki says that these 3 can't be bred too, and are only available "By winning 30 battles in the Battle Tournament and defeating the (respective) Dragon Tournament Boss." But from which tournament do I have to win to get them? Aren't their tournaments already over? Or will a new tournament appear with them as the Tournament Boss?

3. If the tournament for those Champion dragons in Q2 already expired? Is there any other way I can get a Champion Dragon? (Other than purchasing one from the market)

I really really want a Champion dragon to help me win in more tournaments. So please answer these questions if you can... Thank you! *^^*

Fashion Designer
    1. there is no difference between those "champion" type dragons. they all have the same chances of winning ( even though there are rare champions and super rare champions ). So, we can assume that the Ninja ( rare ) is just as good as valkyrie ( super rare ). they are very strong and useful in the arena. you can use them and easily win the first 20 battles of the tournaments. ( i usually lose max. 2-3 battles before the "top 10" fights ).

2. There were lots of tournaments which had champions as bosses. There were some champs that needed to be crafted ( you had to win 99 battles and get the parts needed for crafting the dragon). TL also offered champions in value packs. For now, the only option to get one is buying it from the market.

3. I am quite sure there will be other tournaments with champs as prizes. You just have to be patient and remember to check your DS game every tuesday. ( tournaments usually start on tuesday ) .
    Last edited by jus7_me89; 10-19-14 at 05:20 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi, Welcome Back,

Champion dragons are:

- definitely a game changer in the Battle Arena. I haven't looked back since getting my Black Knight.

- all the same strength in tournaments. Some will say Super Rares are stronger. They aren't.

- strongest against almost all opponents, except Diamond and Diamond hybrids and a few others - definitely a minority.

- rewards for some full length Tournaments or Crafting. Tournaments are every 2 weeks (see my sig).

- not always the reward, but I don't recall seeing them available anywhere else - apart from whatever is in the market.

This is the list. (I have bolded the ones I'm missing for my own ref)

Amazon Dragon*
    Angelfire Dragon*
    Avenging Dragon*
    Black Knight Dragon*
    Bladewing Dragon*
    Bronzetalon Dragon*
    Dynasty Dragon
    Emerald Knight Dragon*
    Guardian Dragon*
    Immortal Dragon*
    Ninja Dragon
    Paladin Dragon

Razorback Dragon*
    Rogue Dragon*
    Sentinel Dragon*
    Templar Dragon*
    Valkyrie Dragon
    Warden Dragon*
    <-Add me - dubbleyooteeyef - on Dragon Story or Castle Story. I don't visit or chat much as I already spend too much time on my own clicks - but I'm on often to send and return items and ingredients.

Dragon Story World Event and Arena Tips in my Profile (Visitor Comments Page) ................. Next Tournaments - ** not sure TL messed up the routine** - with Minis on Weekends in between.

Farm Supplier
    Ok,
    if we face one of them on the Arena, how to put him down ?
    I have troubles with a Champ Dragon and don't want to spend bars on him
    Cheers ID olgatt
    ReVox Philosophy of Excellence

Executive Chef
    One list I've seen shows that 42 Champion dragons have been released.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    One list I've seen shows that 42 Champion dragons have been released.
    That was a list from 2014 above... There are a LOT of missing Champions!
    Champions can be beaten using:
    Highest chances: Diamond/Infinity, Soccer, Pyramid, (left & right heart together - is it called Passion?)
    Next highest: Metal
    Lowest: Everything else.
    Everything has at least a chance of winning, even if only a small chance. The chance's percentages depend on level of both opponents. The same Dragon might lose one time, then win the same battle after healing.
    If you really want a list of all Champions, you could probably search the Internet looking for Dragon Story Champion Dragons.
    Good Luck! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    There is one champion that is little better than the others. That is Rainbow Sentinel, which gets a little boost for being a rainbow, champion hybrid.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JMThrive View Post
    There is one champion that is little better than the others. That is Rainbow Sentinel, which gets a little boost for being a rainbow, champion hybrid.
    Mine is my best fighter as well , just been trying out Valiant as that a champ hybrid as well .... Not too sure of results yet but he is only L12 so for now trying to decide if to feed him up to L15 to see if as useful as RS ..,,, my highlander at L15 and guardian angel at L13 work well
    Until of course I meet a. L20 champ in a tournament and theory goes out the window
    PS
    Been practing with Valient L12 and he is doing ok .... So waiting for enough food to feed him up
    Last edited by pernmagic; 05-02-16 at 02:43 PM.
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMThrive View Post
    I don't have the rainbow sentinel, but what I noticed is that my royal family champion dragons - king, queen and prince - win a lot more battles then the others.
    And my playful dragon level 14 beats level 19 champion dragons all the time.
    Active daily player of Dragon Story (level 178).
    Active daily player of Restaurant, Bakery and Fashion Story (level 99).

Rhino Keeper
    Can a champion be bred?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast