Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Ripscale Dragon Tournament

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LilliDee View Post
    Now as easy as Dragon tourneys are for me Fantasy Forest tourneys are the exact opposite. I can't win those for anything. So I do understand your pain and frustration with these tournaments.
    LOL, I totally feel you there! I won the turkey one over there, by the skin of my teeth, level 46 and that's all.

I am level 127 here, and been winning tourneys since I was old enough to participate. When younger, I concentrated on getting some decent regular fighters up...to list some, landworm, fruitful (yeah, that is correct lol!), aether, parakeet, clown, fire. Those were big winners for me early on. But don't underestimate the power of babies! Just as they can beat you, you can beat the bigger ones with them, too. Once you get a champion, things do get easier. However, the past several tourneys, seems something's...changed, not sure what, but they seem alot more random chance than anything now, which can be very frustrating...just like the FFS ones seem to be pretty danged random.

Banned
    There doesn't appear to be any method to tournaments anymore... even going by percentages based on the wiki or color schemes doesn't really matter IMO. It's all about how much gold they want to take from players anymore which is unfortunate. Players that have been around a couple of years will know what I mean. It didn't used to be this bad.

I just wish the company would be honest with the events. Take away our gold making ability because you need more money incoming...fine....but please don't resort to *****ing players who have worked hard to get what they do have.

Executive Chef
    It seems to me that this change that longer term players refer to may be related to the introduction of raising dragons to level 15. It is reasonable to hypothesise that such a change required a change to the Arena formulas. Is it not also possible that in order to make the tournaments still fair for lower level players and players without the Noble Crystal (remembering Android didn't have it for a while), there may have been subtle adjustments to, perhaps, the level variable? We know that babies beat level 20 dragons, both ways. I don't know if that used to happen before, but whether it did or not, the repeat pattern strongly indicates there is something in the code that levels out any level advantage after a certain point.

Those of us who came later had no established battle routine, we learnt the "as is" and reading this thread it seems newer players are generally fairing a little better.

I'm just throwing this out there for consideration.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by silverybunny View Post
    I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to those that actually was able to win!!

I am curious to know those that did win what level are you also those that didn't what level are you?
    The ripscale dragon is in my storage. I am 78 level. I have only one champion dragon - Centurion, lvl 4 ...no diamonds.. Just many commons and some rares and a few super rares...I have never used ultimate

Fashion Designer
    I got the ripscale. I'm currently lvl 109.
    My basic fighters are beast, fire, jack and jack o' occasionally queen, king and night imp.
    I'm one of the "lucky" ones who haven't got any diamonds yet.
    Last tournament I completed with 6 or 7 losses

Executive Chef

I am curious to know those that did win what level are you also those that didn't what level are you?
    This was one of the easiest tournaments ever for me. I finished Thursday evening; my earliest finish. I think it was partly luck. Only Golem gave me more than one loss (three losses). Final score was 30 wins and 11 losses. My best battlers were all level 15: Diamond, Soccer, Shaman, and Inquisitor. I think this was partly luck because I don't always have this kind of record.

When level 15 first became available I found tournaments more difficult until I had leveled up a few dragons. Now I find them about the same, on average, as before level 15 was introduced.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Rhino Keeper

I won Ripscale on all 3 of my accounts but on my level 81 I had the most losses. The only account I have a noble crystal (to raise dragons to 15) is my main account. I find that when I have an easy beginning on a tournament (no matter what level the account), my later rounds are much more difficult with more losses. That's my personal experience though.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536