Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Ripscale Dragon Tournament

Rhino Keeper
    I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to those that actually was able to win!!

I am curious to know those that did win what level are you also those that didn't what level are you?

Rhino Keeper
    I'm wondering the same! How do you beat a tournament without already having tournament quality dragons?

I'm in the mid 70s for level, but once I got to Highland, nothing I had was looking good. 10% across the board. Tried for two days just throwing randoms! LOL

Nightclub Owner
    I'm level 185 and am blessed with many Champs & Diamonds. I win the tournaments, but sometimes I need to use Ultimate on one or two opponents in order to do it. I am a very A-type person so it's impossible for me not to obsess over the challenge, regardless how I feel about the prize
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I'm level 125 Silverybunny. Obviously I was lower for most of the tournaments. I usually win without Ultimates, although I used one Ultimate about two tournaments ago when I had time constraints (I think it was against Battlesteed). I use my own colour matching method exclusively when choosing my dragons and that works for me, the only ones that give me issues are the Champions although usually my Diamond is useful (not this tournament, she was useless). I usually finish in 3 to 4 days. Although I have 6 champions, I pretty much use only one, and even then rarely, although that depends on the tournament, some he gets more of a workout.

Like Amerirish, I'm a bit of an A type.

Executive Chef
    Level 177/178.

I've been playing the tournaments from the start. I'm missing one or 2 prizes in all the years. Of course I have much more fire power these days. It's honestly a huge range of difficulty and often has no rhyme or reason. The biggest difference I have now is that I can fight till the death with any dragon, as long as it takes. I have a long line of fighters and that includes several extra Diamonds ready in my stable. I keep one extra diamond habitat ready to pull another fighter out. If I almost beat a dragon with my unicorn instead of waiting 2hrs I can go get that other epic unicorn from the stable. I also have ended tournaments with over 50 dragons in my spa. Many islands don't have that many to fight with like my kids.
    My hardest tournament since before the first few, which were rough, was frostfire and I had almost lost that one. I have had near impossible ones & not so bad ones since. I have no idea why that is!

My kids have 45 dragons, 2 epics ( thanks to the prior tales) no diamonds and 1 level 7 champ they won. Most dragons are still babies or level 4's and a few 7's, one 9. They won the tournament without an ultimate. It took almost the entire time allotted however. I was done almost 2 days earlier. The kids smaller island had to use about 100 gold to get that first champ and it was a bargain for them to have a champ. Even at level 7 he took care of much of the competition.

It takes time and fighters.
    I hope that helped in your quest of info.
    Wish you amazing luck going forward!

Jen

Farm Supplier
    I'm level 40 now but at the first round of the tournament I was only at end of level 32. I had a loooot of luck I guess, results are on end of page 7

I have a question, I used to pay 1250 coins a battle I think ? Now it's 2500...? Or I didn't notice that from the start ? lol
    Or it's more expensive when you level up ?

Thanks !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by patisserieforever View Post
    I have a question, I used to pay 1250 coins a battle I think ? Now it's 2500...? Or I didn't notice that from the start ? lol
    Or it's more expensive when you level up ?

Thanks !
    Yes, the final cost is 5,000 a battle. Once you get to higher levels 5,000 is like a 1 cent coin, trust me.

Executive Chef
    Currently level 112.

I could not win a tournament without ultimating at least once (usually 3-4 times) before I got a champ and Diamond.

Now some tournaments go pretty smoothly (this one was excellent!) but others can still be very difficult. If I get good and stuck, I usually don't bother with the tournament. Especially if it happens before the final rounds. There's always the next one so who needs the hassle? (And if there's an FFS tourney on at the same time, that's my main focus.)

Nowadays, I don't think I would use gold unless the prize was a champion dragon and even then only in very special cases.

Rhino Keeper
    Just reached level 96.

I don't have any diamonds, and only 2 champs (Dueller & Centurion), neither of which are terribly useful in the arena! The most useful fighters for me are the ones from the last few tales - like Banshee, Beast, Jack & King. I find following the colour chart works really well too.

Tournaments were pretty tricky in the beginning, but the more you participate in, the more you learn what works on your island. You don't need diamonds or champs to win, just a good feel for how to work with what you've got!

Even so, everyone from time to time comes across opponents where all the rules seem to have been thrown out the window. Nothing seems to work against them! Form me, the flash tourney for Centurion was a nightmare - 3 level 20 champs, and I just couldn't beat any of them! I ended up spending over 100 gold in ultimates and speeding up battles to get that dragon, and now I hardly use him

Rhino Keeper
    I'm level 113 with only four champs, Warrior Prince, Dueler, Skeletal Knight and Centurion. The only tourney I have ever ultimated on was Centurion. Why was that one so hard??? I always win with no super difficulty. I use the gem matching chart for the most part. I have found recently that using the gem matching idea with the color of the champion you're facing helps defeat those but not all the time, i.e. Highland being the color green/blue and gemstone being strong against those colors seemed to work for me. It isn't an exact science. I have no diamond or diamond hybrids and only a couple dragons are epic. Most are between six and nine because my evolution chamber is ALWAYS busy.

Now as easy as Dragon tourneys are for me Fantasy Forest tourneys are the exact opposite. I can't win those for anything. So I do understand your pain and frustration with these tournaments.