Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading Diamond Hybrid Duplicates

Fashion Designer
    I traded a lot of Diamond and Diamond Hybrids.... about 20 dragons I think. No space for duplicates.
    From June 2013
    Id : meoconlunar - lv200
    10/10 Prime Dragons
    28/28 Diamond Dragons
    14/14 Treasure Dragons
    Dragon Count : 1064
    Newest Breedable Dragon: Inuit Dragon

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    I have tons of diamonds and love them all lol, four pure diamonds, one at fifteen who only battles or might someday be used for primes, a nine about to go to ten, and two threes that will eventually go to four. I also have five infinity that Love to pop whenever.i try for Astro, one is at fifteen, two are at seven and used a lot for breeding and two are at three. I would never sell any unless space were an issue which I don't see. Habitat space shouldn't be as I cull other stuff often. I am also very prolific with angels thanks to my idol who I will no longer touch for breeding because it almost guarantees me a diamond or angel. I tried for stone and night hybrids with idol many times but only ever got diamond or angel so gave up. I have never tried fighting with the babies, might have to!
    You are lucky to have not had problems with space yet. If you want to keep one each of all of the Dragons, you will eventually have to "cull" some you don't want to get rid of. There have been months at a time when many of us have had no room for new Dragons, dragon eggs in storage, and I've personally had 4 homeless Dragons waiting on all my nests also! This is in addition to selling 3 Dragon habitats and replacing them with 4 Dragon gold ones. I never hatch all of my Dragons anymore. I currently have some space available, and most of my Diamond hybrids are in Diamond habitats, but I'm still not hatching any that can go into storage. The longer you play, the less choices you get about how many to keep and how to display them. Enjoy it while you can! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

I have a whole lot of duplicates of Diamond hybrids, all of which have been shoved into an upgraded Stable to make way for new dragons. At one stage I had two Luxurious Lagoons from which I could collect 12,000 coins (each) every 45 mins because of the 8 level-10 Mercury Dragons I'd placed in them.

I doubt if I'd ever trade them away. I'm hoping for the day when TL would release an upgraded Diamond Habitat that'd hold 4 (or at least three) Diamond type dragons. That'll be the day all of the Diamond hybrids get out of the overcrowded Stable.

Executive Chef
    Deadpixel, may I ask though, why would you have 8 level 10 Mercury dragons?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    You are lucky to have not had problems with space yet. If you want to keep one each of all of the Dragons, you will eventually have to "cull" some you don't want to get rid of. There have been months at a time when many of us have had no room for new Dragons, dragon eggs in storage, and I've personally had 4 homeless Dragons waiting on all my nests also! This is in addition to selling 3 Dragon habitats and replacing them with 4 Dragon gold ones. I never hatch all of my Dragons anymore. I currently have some space available, and most of my Diamond hybrids are in Diamond habitats, but I'm still not hatching any that can go into storage. The longer you play, the less choices you get about how many to keep and how to display them. Enjoy it while you can! Annie
    I don't keep one of everything. I don't keep rares at all unless they are unbreedable, and if I don't like a dragon enough he won't stay. Furthermore I see no reason to keep more than three of each Color combo or sometimes even two so if I find I'm not using them and don't live the dragon it's bye bye. I have a lot of blue purples that are gonna hit the dusty trail soon for that reason, super rare or not. I had already cut way down on greens and reds as I was overloaded with both. I had every single red yellow super rare and took it down to just my favourites. I want to decorate way to much to be keep every single dragon and once I don't have astronomical food costs all the spare diamonds will go too. But for now I need them. I can certainly see the day coming where space will be an issue although I doubt habitats will be so that is why I am taking the steps now to prevent future pain.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Deadpixel, may I ask though, why would you have 8 level 10 Mercury dragons?
    I wanted to generate a ton of coins as quickly as possible. I got tired of being poor and not being able to expand, grow food and buy the multi-million coin habitats whenever I wanted, so I evolved the Mercury (and other Diamond hybrid) Dragons to level 10 so as to rake in the coins.

But that was in the early days of DS. Now I've got so many habitats (all full) that collecting from them just 2 to 3 times a day give enough coins to sustain the game at the pace I like, so retiring the extra Diamond hybrids into the stable didn't cause any severe drop in coin income.

BTW, I did not buy the Diamond hybrids, I bred them. It was easier back then when there weren't that many possible outcomes for every combination. There was a time I actually got 2 Mercuries and a Gold one after another. However, in the last year, I've only managed to breed a Prime Eternal and just 3 days ago, a Diamond Prism. Now all I need is a Black Diamond and a Prism and my Diamond Hybrid collection will be complete (for the current collection at least).
    Last edited by deadpixel; 02-11-16 at 12:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12