Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant : Future Update Chat Thread

The Honorable Panda

Restaurant : Future Update Chat Thread

Hey guys, I wanted to start up a chat thread for you to use while waiting for updates to come out!

Update threads should not be started until there is a teaser, pop up in game or when the updates are released.
    Updates threads started early will be closed.

Recently update threads have been started days in advance and when this happens, the thread gets tons of posts so it is hard for members to read through all the pages to get to the actual update information.

I have set this thread up and will open it a few days before the update for you to chat on. It will then be closed when the update is released and reopened again.

Also please note that I have gotten feedback from some members that since they have limited time to check the forum, that they really like it when all the update information is moved to post 1 so when the updates come out please do not start up the update thread if you are unable to maintain it on the day of the update making sure that all information is moved and kept in post 1.

Please make sure your posts on this thread do stay on the topic of the updates.

Thanks!

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

The Honorable Panda
    Chat thread for next weeks updates is now open!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-30-16 at 09:10 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Mardi Gras!

One can have hopeful thinking. Lol!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyEna View Post
    Mardi Gras!

One can have hopeful thinking. Lol!
    I also want Mardi Gras! I made some suggestions for it on the Suggestions Thread a while ago, and I really hope some of those make it into the game for next week Especially the recipes - Po'boys, Muffulettas, Crawfish Etouffee... yum!

Also, I know there's a Valentine's sale going on, but I really really want to see the Jazz Band come back as a limited-time offer! I've been wanting it since it was released last year. Was hoping to get it on Black Friday, but, well... BF didn't really live up to expectations

But I feel like bringing it back this year, as a standalone item (aka, not a Bundle Exclusive, like it was when it was first released), makes a lot of sense. For instance:

• For Android and Kindle players: this would be the first ever chance to get the Jazz Band for their restaurant. Since it was a bundle exclusive last year, the Jazz Band was only available to iOS players. So, releasing it as an LTO by itself opens it up to a huge market to be able to buy - and that would naturally means more sales!

• For iOS players: the fact that the Jazz Band was a bundle exclusive last year meant (A) players who wanted it would have had to have at least 75 gems to get it, and (B) because of how bundles work, they would only have been able to get ONE, at maximum.

Bringing it back as an LTO introduces the possibility of buying multiples, which I know some restauranteurs would do to maintain symmetry in their restaurants. Plus, if it's priced right, then S8 could stand to make a lot of profit from the LTO. (As an example, if it were priced at 50 gems, which is relatively standard for a 4x4 display on sale: the sale of 2 Jazz Bands would bring in more gems than the sale of a solitary bundle. If it were priced at 70 gems, which is standard for an out-of-box first place prize, then the profit margin becomes greater).

• People may have already exhausted their gem count, or otherwise spent a huge amount of gems, on the current Valentine's sale. Returning the Jazz Band as an LTO could prompt users to buy gems just to be able to get it.

• We don't have too many out-of-box musical band displays in RS, so this makes it all the more valuable. In addition to Mardi Gras/New Orleans, I could easily use this for a number of different themes. Desperately hoping it will come back.

Alternatively, S8 could just bring the bundle back, but that would still limit the Jazz Band's availability to iOS players with a hefty gem balance. And, given bundles' one-time-buy nature, that might cause problems for people who've already bought it, etc. I hope Android/Kindle players get the opportunity to buy it if this ends up happening.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Pixie gamer, you missed your calling...you should have been a lawyer! Great closing argument.

Executive Chef
    i'm all for the jazz band release! they gave us phoebe & gran-gran in the kitchen (that was originally a bundle exclusive, wasn't it?) and it's time to let android have a shot at the rest of it! and since i just spent a bunch of gems getting all decorated for CNY, i can attest that i definitely would have to spend some money to get it. (but of course, i'm just waiting for a sale to buy gems anyway, so that's not really helpful.)

i would also love to see some mardi gras stuff. cause right now one of the best food cities in the U.S. is vastly underrepresented in a restaurant game! i wonder if the big vday sale means they're not planning to have the goals be valentine's this month. i doubt it, but if it were true, i'd hope they were mardi gras goals (even if the timing's a bit wrong).

alternatively, i could do with even more CNY stuff. i know, everybody always says we have enough asian stuff, and i would agree, except i just decorated and had to put japanese & korean stuff in too because i don't have enough chinese stuff.

if it comes down to it, i do think it will be mardi gras. CNY was last week, valentine's will be the goals next week, it's gotta be mardi gras this week, right? hoping for excellent food! and a new parade item that does not have a disturbingly large phoebe's head on the front!

Rhino Keeper
    Need more desserts. Red Velvet cake, Strawberry Cake, German Chocolate cake. Maybe some Valentine cookiEs.

A jazz couple having dinner to go with the Jazz band released last year. Jazz waiter and waitress. Jazz couple dancing. More ethnic people.

New Orleans funeral procession playing with musical instruments. Turnip greens, red beans and rice, banana foster

Fruit appliance with grapes, Grape juice and Grape dessert to go with to Roman theme.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i'm all for the jazz band release! they gave us phoebe & gran-gran in the kitchen (that was originally a bundle exclusive, wasn't it?) and it's time to let android have a shot at the rest of it! and since i just spent a bunch of gems getting all decorated for CNY, i can attest that i definitely would have to spend some money to get it. (but of course, i'm just waiting for a sale to buy gems anyway, so that's not really helpful.)
    The Lazy Sunday (Gran Gran and Phoebe kitchen display) was originally a value pack exclusive! Not exactly a bundle exclusive, but also previously iOS-exclusive and a 1-maximum item. I saw quite a few of those in my Android/Kindle neighbors' restaurants after Black Friday Thank you so much for bringing this up! If Storm8 could make Phoebe and Gran Gran available to Droiders and Kindlers, they can do it with the Jazz Band!!

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i would also love to see some mardi gras stuff. cause right now one of the best food cities in the U.S. is vastly underrepresented in a restaurant game! i wonder if the big vday sale means they're not planning to have the goals be valentine's this month. i doubt it, but if it were true, i'd hope they were mardi gras goals (even if the timing's a bit wrong).

alternatively, i could do with even more CNY stuff. i know, everybody always says we have enough asian stuff, and i would agree, except i just decorated and had to put japanese & korean stuff in too because i don't have enough chinese stuff.

if it comes down to it, i do think it will be mardi gras. CNY was last week, valentine's will be the goals next week, it's gotta be mardi gras this week, right? hoping for excellent food! and a new parade item that does not have a disturbingly large phoebe's head on the front!
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaFoodie View Post
    A jazz couple having dinner to go with the Jazz band released last year. Jazz waiter and waitress. Jazz couple dancing. More ethnic people.

New Orleans funeral procession playing with musical instruments. Turnip greens, red beans and rice, banana foster
    Throw us something, Storm8!

(Starts chanting) Mar-di Gras! Mar-di Gras! Mar-di Gras!
    Jazz Band! Jazz Band! Jazz Band!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Need more desserts. Red Velvet cake, Strawberry Cake, German Chocolate cake. Maybe some Valentine cookiEs.

Fruit appliance with grapes, Grape juice and Grape dessert to go with to Roman theme.
    Yes please. I love the dessert suggestions.

Rhino Keeper

In for more desserts and please bring back some ovens in the next few weeks.
    Storm 8!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast