Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAKERY STORY 2 :: Planning & Strategies to EARN COINS

Farm Supplier
    I can understand the impulse to not want to waste those coins.
    If you are having trouble keeping food on your counters, it makes sense to keep them. A customer coming in and paying 1 coin for a dish gets you more than if they left empty handed.

But if you've got plenty of food on your counters, if it were me, I'd sell the counter. Here's why:

Say you get on average 900 customers a hour. (That seems to be what people are typically seeing)
    That's 21,600 customers/day and a total of 21,600 potential plates to make money every day. If your other counters have on average 8 coin dishes, every time a customer gets a 1 coin dish instead of an 8 coin dish, you're missing out on 7 coins potential earnings for that day.

If just 10% of your customers get a 1 coin dish instead of an 8 coin dish, that's 7 x 10% x 21,600, or 15,120 coins you missed out earning for that day. And you still have around 17,000 1 coin dishes on your counter, so you're going to miss out earning that potential 15,000 coins the next day, and the next, and the next, etc etc.

Over a week, you will have earned about 100,000 fewer coins by holding on to that lemon mousse counter.
    So if you really are in need of coins quickly, it makes more sense to sell the counter than to keep it.

Your exact results may be different, depending on the exact mix of food on your counters, size of your bakery, volume of customers.
    I totally get that it's hard to consider just tossing out that hard earned food and the 19,000 coins, but if you do the math you'll probably find out you'll wind up ahead in a day or so by selling that mousse counter.

Quote Originally Posted by LHbaker8 View Post
    Say you get on average 900 customers a hour. (That seems to be what people are typically seeing)
    That's 21,600 customers/day and a total of 21,600 potential plates to make money every day.
    made some observations and found that we sell upto 1000 plates per hour
    (i've edited main post and put it into "efficient layout" box).
    there were couple of days i stopped baking at all, and was just looking after customers, counting food, checking time etc...
    so, it's upto 24k plates per day.

however it doesn't make wrong the low rated food calculations.
    i agree that such a qtty of mousse can seriously slow down generating coins...

ps: i was looking after customers with locked cooper.
    didn't checked yet if they come in slower with accessible cooper...
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-13-16 at 11:58 PM.

Grand Emperor
    @LHbaker8

I knew it was a faster way to earn coins. Haha believe me, it is so tempting to toss them out! I may do that when I am desperate for coins. I'm playing at a more leisurely pace for now instead of rushing through it. Anyways it's great to see everyone sharing great tips on the forum. I'm learning as I go.

Host(ess)
    So if I through away lower then 4 coins food , I wll not need home oven, exept for the special recepies ..do you use it at all? ( exept for the goals)

Quote Originally Posted by ostrao View Post
    So if I through away lower then 4 coins food , I wll not need home oven, exept for the special recepies ..do you use it at all? ( exept for the goals)
    great that we have gourmet recipes now, i have to say ))) 10 coins dish is a good excuse for home oven being not used before...

so, actually, i use home oven now for:
    - goals
    - to-go orders
    - secret specials
    - cooking cheesecake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123