Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 1/28 Update - The Blythewood Faeries, Part 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: 1/28 Update - The Blythewood Faeries, Part 3

Glimmerwood antics have run rampant once more! Only this time, something far more nefarious may be at hand... No one has seen anyone suspicious about, have they? Ensuring the kingdom's safety is a ruler's top priority!!!

[==Update requires completion of A Faerie-ful Queen, and will be here to stay.==]

Spoiler: show
    I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: GONE
    Last edited by sourp4tch; 01-28-16 at 01:25 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    The Blythewood Faeries, Part 3
    prepared by SpiritWind

Main Storyline. Not timed.
    Goal Pre-requisites: Must have completed A Faerie-ful Queen from Part 2
    Link to Part 1
    Link to Part 2
    Link to Part 3
    Link to Main Goal Guide - for pictures https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1242321

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The description of the shimmering sands as posted by meme has been updated. Shimmering sands ONLY drop from the Magic Garden. They will NOT drop from the Plume Hive adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    My observation: seems to me the average wait time for a strand drop is around 5-7 collections. I think that's why we are getting a month to complete part 3 before part 4 starts end of Feb. The rest of the goal can be completed quite quickly if you're prepared. The goal just ends in limbo like the other parts. So bring on P4!

Goals:
    1. Spritely Snooping
    Follow Azalea among the flowers 0/10 (skip 20 gems) [fruit trees, faeriebed, all flowers, mushrooms, multi-coloured hedge]
    Trail Azalea through the Market Place 0/5 (skip 50)
    Check a level 5 Faerie Bulb 0/5 (skip 50 gems)
    Rewards: 1750 coin, 6 xp

2. Panic At The Plume Hive (collecting completes this goal)
    Adventure to the Plume Hive
    Requirements: 3 allergy potion, 5 smoked fish sandwich, 1 faerie offering
    Allergy Potion - 2 hours - 1 vital extract, 2 sugar, 1 apple
    Vital Extract - 2 hours - 5 piles of seeds, 15 mushrooms, 3 living wood
    Smoked Fish Sandwich - 1 hour - 1 bread, 1 butterfish, 5 cabbage
    Faerie Offering - 4 hours - 3 cake, 15 jewels, 15 silver
    Rewards: 390 coin, 3 xp

3. Anyone home?
    Search for clues at the Magic Garden. (It may take several trips to complete this step. 1-2 shimmering strands drop). When the strands drop, the completed rewards screen appears.

4. An Ominous Glimmer
    Examine the Shimmering Strands 0/1 - Magic Forge, 4 hours - 5 shimmering strands, 20 faeries murmur, 30 glimmer shards (the green ones)
    Check on Fwipple (collect from a faerie bulb)
    Rewards: 1750 coin, 6 xp
    Note: it takes 5 strands from the magic garden to do the craft to examine the strands. This is going to take a long time!
    Note: it was posted that the examination goal may have only produced blythedust, so for the hoarders, you may want to only get extra shimmering strands and not do 2 crafts.

5. Threatening Threads
    Take Fwipple and Preedle to safety 0/3 (visit Sabina's house)
    Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.
    Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4 update: you need to HAVE 4 of these at level 5. It is not collecting from as previously thought. Thank you sourp4tch for letting us know.

6. A Potion From, And For, The Past
    Chop down 5 Blythewood trees 6 chops each. you can have 1 chop left in preparation (worked for me!).... SW
    Prepare the Fadeprint Elixir 0/1 - Potion Shop, 8 hours - 50 water, 10 enchanters essence, 50 Blythewood Dust
    Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.

The next part to this goal is Search & Rescue: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Rescue-Part-1

Extract from Building Guide:
    Lantern Spire
    Building and Upgrading materials:
    Level Materials
    1 3 Stone Block, 3 Wood Beam
    2 1 Purple Dye, 30 Wood, 30 Stone
    3 3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 10 Mermaid Scales
    4 5 Fancy Block, 5 Fancy Beam, 15 Silver Ore
    5 3 Royal Block, 3 Royal Beam, 10 Jewels

Watchtower
    Building and Upgrading materials:
    Level Materials
    1 3 Stone Block, 3 Wood Beam
    2 1 Blue Dye, 30 Wood, 30 Stone
    3 3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 30 Iron Ore
    4 5 Fancy Block, 5 Fancy Beam, 15 Silver Ore
    5 3 Royal Block, 3 Royal Beam, 3 Hearty Stew
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-28-16 at 02:38 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) need to know if it's send or return ???

Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) again, is it the sending or completing? It's usually collecting... Please confirm... SW

It looks like we might have till the end of Feb to do this goal. So, take your time! SW.
    Confirming all of the above It's "return" for both adventure tasks!

Rhino Keeper
    Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4 (collect from these 4 times. You can have more than 1 at level 5 to speed things up, but 1 tower/spire will do. SW )
    Hey everyone!

This behavior is inconsistent with how the quest is supposed to be set up - it is supposed to be have Level 5 Watchtowers/Lantern Spires, not to collect from Watchtowers/Lantern Spires.

I'd hate for folks to spend resources on upgrading their buildings, only to have those efforts be in vain Likewise, I wouldn't want you guys to spend gems on speed-ups expecting it to complete the task, only for it to revert later (in the event there's some weird bug going on). So, can anyone who's unable to complete the quest by having 4x Level 5 Watchtowers and/or Lantern Spires please write in to support@storm8.com ? This will help us make sure everything is working properly and no one gets bugged out of their quest completion!

Thanks! Hope you all enjoy the quests and story <3

30 glimmer shards (the green ones)....where do we get green glimmer shards?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    30 glimmer shards (the green ones)....where do we get green glimmer shards?????
    Glimmergate, Griseldas castle and garden i think. Also get them from doing coin trades

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2F4F4F]

6. A Potion From, And For, The Past
    Chop down 5 Blythewood trees 6 chops each. you can have 1 chop left in preparation (worked for me!).... SW
    Prepare the Fadeprint Elixir 0/1 - Potion Shop, 8 hours - 50 water, 10 enchanters essence, 50 Blythewood Dust
    Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.

It looks like we might have till the end of Feb to do this goal. So, take your time! SW.
    Sort of anticlimactic ending. I gemmed the stupid threads as I had plenty of free gems. But then after visiting the fur burrow, I get the anouncement that we need to to see what happened and then the goals were done. I guess this will continue, but after all that, it just ends?

Be prepared for disappointment for those that are working so hard to get the threads.

Farm Supplier
    I'm still waiting on shimmering strand #5.  Next collection time 22 hours.  (I got #3 & 4 three days apart last weekend. ) Then 2 adventures! I won't be done by tomorrow! At the beginning of this post it says "Not timed." At the end of post "It looks like we might have till the end of Feb to do this goal. So, take your time!" Spritwind can you please clarify this? Thanks!!

glad you are now good to go! SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-28-16 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Removed quote and added comment ;)

Host(ess)
    Tend 10 flowers
    Visit market place 5x
    Visit level 5 fearie bulb 5x

Rhino Keeper
    The event begins
    First quest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	28089

10 flowers, you can use any flower, not only bush
    5 times to faery bulb level 5, a lot of time... 2 days...
    And 5 times to market, I only have three

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast