Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would be a game developer?

Executive Chef

Wink Who would be a game developer?

The developers/designers must tear their hair out sometimes.

No verbatim quotes, the following are paraphrased from what I read around the traps - in opposing pairs.

As they say, "You can please some of the people some of the time....."

"Storm8 release too many new dragons, we have no-where to put them"
    "Not doing this World Event, it has only 3 dragons, there should be more."

"4 slots on a habitat is too expensive"
    "When are we getting 4 dragon habitats for Diamonds"

"Is this mining dragon EVER going, it has been here forever"
    "There is never enough time to collect all the pieces"

"LOVE this dragon"
    "This dragon is horrible"
    (Both comments about the same dragon)

"Another World Event? It is too soon"
    "Wish they did World Events all the time"

"Wish we could delete from Storage"
    "Love keeping the pieces as souvenirs"

"This tournament was rigged"
    "This tournament was really easy and enjoyable"
    (Both comments about the same tournament)

"The decor trees should be bigger"
    "We have no space for decor"

"Love it when we win battles with babies"
    "Hate it when the babies beat us in battles"
    (Think about it, it is opposing....)

"I can't breed a [enter name of difficult to breed dragon]"
    "All I get are [enter same dragon as above]"

"The boosters take up too much space"
    "Why don't we have black and pink boosters?"

Variety is the spice of life.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Rhino Keeper
    Well... this is why they said "You cannot satisfy everyone." and "There's nothing that is absolutely perfect."

Gotta learn to put up with things in life sometime

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Variety is the spice of life.
    Yeah and apparently quoting people, making unfunny snarky remarks and posting in threads to watch yourself talk is your life, not so spicy at all. Lvl 40 to 120 in the span of 4 months, is this all you do with your life? No, no, you monitor these forums to insert yourself as a know it all, get a life.

Executive Chef
    Thank you for your feedback, Cloudfor. Be thankful you aren't suffering chronic health conditions and have a life you can actually live. I am sorry if my sense of humour is not to your taste.

Executive Chef
    Pretty uncalled for there, cloudfor. That's as far as my feeding the trolls is going for the day, lol.

DeeDee, I feel your pain. Chronic health issues are no fun at all. *Hugs*

Yeah that wasnt feedback, more facts than anything. You would think a person "suffering chronic health issues" would be a little nicer and sympathetic with other people. Dont bother replying, i wont be feeding the biggest troll on these fourms anymore. Niire, you more than welcome to keep feeding her though, lol

Fashion Designer
    I bet a lot of these differences are because of how people are progressing through the game differently. Tournaments are easier for higher level players with diamonds and champions, decorating isn't really an issue for new players who can expand easily and have all the space in the world (at level 124 I still have a lot of space to decorate, thanks to the 'recently' added expansions)

Did you get the "This dragon is horrible" quote from me? I'm sure I've said that about most dragons that are inspired by human-made objects (hot chocolate, jingle bell, ornament, giftwrap). I just love the fierce dragons that look like they could eat a kid. These comments really come down to personal taste and I think Storm8 has recently brought some designs that work for both types of people. Venomous, Skeletal Knight, Centurion and Black Ice are among my favourites.

Executive Chef
    Thank you Niire. I'm puzzled as to how I wasn't nice or sympathetic because being so was precisely the intent of the post: being sympathetic to the various opposing views, recognising them with humour, but I'm not going to let it bother me. There is always the useful ignore feature, thankfully.

I do think the lexicon differences can be an issue on international sites.

Executive Chef
    @Zyfazix, I honestly didn't take specific quotes from anyone in particular, it was an amalgamation of all the stuff I've read, paraphrased.

I've posted I didn't particularly like Cauldron or Hot Chocolate for the exact same reason as you! And I didn't quite "get" the rocking dragon toy, pointing out that human children didn't play on rocking humans, or horses play on rocking horses. LOVE Black Ice! Skeletal Knight I'm warming to - red eyes bother me for some unknown reason, but others, like you, love him. There is a dragon for us all!

There is someone who doesn't like dragons with hair and others who do - I still haven't made up my mind on that one! I like Nouveau, but Beauty I'm not so sure about at all.

Oh, you are right in everything you say, agree totally. But I can't imagine being one of the people who has to try to please SO MANY different tastes, playing styles etc. It really must be challenging. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at some of the staff meetings!

Executive Chef
    Yuh, while not a huge fan of the ones like the cauldron or hot chocolate, I still think they're cute (sort of like how pug dogs are cute, hehe). I am a huge fan of the evil looking dragons myself, and these new ones coming out as individual prizes in the world event, and the ones from the hex hill tales, those so far have been my faves.

I think I get the point of the post in general, is to try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I am level 124 right now, and actually recently expanded to the point I can no longer mine with dynomite (like an idjit lmao), because I wanted to make a special little "royal" isle for the last tales. But there are lots of folks that can't even add habitats now, or those with so much room they don't know what to do with it, each legit grumbles, but funny how they seem to come together on the same topic. Gahh, I have chronic health issues as well, I'm so medicated 99% of the time I try to ramble myself to make a point, and I MIGHT reach it like half the time even, lol!

Not sure if any of you play FFS, but, since getting around easily is an issue for me, I decided to keep on playing after the gold offer. Their tales are for some reason way harder than ours. Like, there's one going now, and this will be the first I am actually able to finish. There's tons less room, and the food cost seems way way higher to complete. And, you get one less farm than Dragons do. But yeah, I also FINALLY bred a knitten kitten over there, and am bouncing off the walls happy (sad, isn't it? LOL! Obligatory off topic ramble!) I think the point I was trying to make is that I am grateful that our tales are easier, but I imagine there are some folks that would like more challenge too. That's what's so wonderful about free thinking, everyone has differing opinions.
    Last edited by Niire; 01-26-16 at 05:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast