Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farm Story Events and Challenges

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_peeper View Post
    Could it be possible that instead of assigning random drop rates to deliveries, have a specific item drop when a specific item is crafted and sent? Take the last event for example. What if garden gloves dropped when cornbread was sent in an order? Maybe the rake would drop if scarves were crafted and sent? That would add an element of thought to this whole process. Just don't go and never have these things in delivery orders, that would defeat the purpose of it all.
    I think this would make it more like a collection event (and players had issues with those as well).

I get that these events aren't supposed to be easy, but they really are getting ridiculous now. 15 items to craft in the latest events 20 hours each one?!? That's 13 days just for one task!!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiannydd892 View Post
    I get that these events aren't supposed to be easy, but they really are getting ridiculous now. 15 items to craft in the latest events 20 hours each one?!? That's 13 days just for one task!!
    so true! and don't forget the required flowers, they also have a time to grow!

EDIT: the Dev-Team changed the time to 5 hours, it's extremly gentle, they listened to us
    Last edited by summit777; 05-04-16 at 12:23 PM.

might i suggest for the next event .....

that instead of relying on the shipping to drop items you do it like they do in baking story 2 and restaurant story 2 and have a special character come in and give the drops ?

that way you aren't shipping things for 2 days and not getting the supplies you need ?

Angry mission impossible! recent event of kitty tree! just make players buying gems?!

The recent event kitty tree is not realist to complete by making the requested items in the studio n bait shop!

The purpose of this event is just letting the players to buy the gems if want to complete the quests.

Long time to plant makes you never get enough catnip!
    Get 20 pieces of gold in few days with never enough pickaxe n shovel
    One harvest from chicken only 1 feather! Makes players got hundreds of eggs if want to get 80pcs of feather to make those pecial baits! Ridiculous!
    I just saw a player selling overwhelmed egg at $4 each! How miserable!

Only method is buying the gems! If so, please don't launch such event.

Or warn players not to get started to do it.

Please don't ruiniing the players` passion on this game.

So disappointed.

Sorry for complaining but it's true. Thanks a lot.

Rhino Keeper

Events with time limits

Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Please put the name of the event at the top of your post if you are giving feedback for specific event.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Try some events with a limit of time variable, depending of the "farmer". When the objective is attained by the "farmer", all the preceding parts disappears as usual.

Merci de votre attention.
    Moissonor

Executive Chef
    Camping Quest - August 25, 2016
    This latest event has been a mostly positive experience, beyond the regular problems that players complain about (specifically, drop rates). The matches dropped frequently enough, and the five options associated with them--the campfires and the deluxe campfire--meant that players could complete most of the goals without excessive difficulty. The drop rate of the tools and coins, however, is a bit frustrating, especially as a large quantity of Flint is needed, but its drop rate is equally as low as that of the ruby.

The addition of the Granola Bar to the Kitchen as permanent item, rather than an event-only item, is a plus. However, the requirement of raisins--made with the purple grapes--becomes problematic, as it becomes a second item requiring the raisins (after the Raisin Bread in the Bakery) while there are no specific demands for the green grapes. Except that the green grapes can be used in two other items--albeit in conjunction with the purple grapes--they are becoming like the Bass from the Fishing Pond: no practical purpose. It might have been nice to gain the option to craft golden raisins from the green grapes, and use those instead of the purple grapes/raisins in the Granola Bars. But perhaps that will be an item in a future event.

I am not a particular fan of the coin machine, though I suspect right now it is because I am waiting to win the last item but coin drops have been minimal. The inclusion of so many skins to redecorate the farm and the livestock animals is always a bonus...but I wonder at the lack of an appropriately-themed skin for the sheep: the cows, chickens, and pigs received new skins, so why not the sheep? Or the alpaca, for that matter, but then I suppose it might be redundant since not everyone will have unlocked the alpaca yet.

With regard to the 7 goals, I have only one complaint about the quest to win the Bear Cub: why have us craft items that, while they will sell for a lot, there is no real value to? It makes sense that some of the goal-timed items--the Hiking Boots, the Ranger Hats, etc.--are time-restricted, but at least they are then required to craft the next item (e.g., Carabiners to craft the Hiking Pants) and/or turned in to complete the goal. Others, however, are then rendered valueless--the Oatmeal Cookies could be turned in, but not the S'more Cupcakes, the Cider Canteens, or the Hiking Packs. They can be put up for sale, but experienced players know better than to buy them. It would not be an issue if these items were allowed to be crafted all the way through the event but also requested in deliveries; at least then they would not sit in our Side Shops waiting for some unsuspecting player to buy them (or for Stormie or one of the 'bots to come through and buy up our excess useless items). The Christmas events required certain items be crafted to progress, but those items were made available from beginning to end of the event, and they were also requested for deliveries, so it was still possible for players to sell off those items that were crafted but not used for the goals. If something like this could be made applicable for future events, it would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, this quest has been doable. The requested items haven't been hard to craft, though coming so soon after the last even may have been somewhat problematic, as players might be struggling to replenish their inventories and their coins (at least, that was my situation). Beyond that, a repeat of this event (or at least something similar) would, I think, be welcomed by most players...if the drop rates for tools and coins improved.

Executive Chef
    Autumn County Fair - September 23, 2016

Generally speaking, I like the County Fair events, even if they do wipe out my coins. However, with so many buildings available and so many items now possible to be asked for, and only so many hours in a day (during which many players have other obligations--work, sleep, etc.), perhaps some parameters might be set to reduce the pressure and stress of trying to complete so many orders in one day?

I don't know if it's still in place, but in previous County Fair events, there was a "sliding scale" from Day 1 to Day 10 on the value of the orders: a 5-ribbon (or star, or whatever) order might start off completing 10% of the day's requirements on Day 1, but by Day 10 it might barely be worth 3%. I would suggest changing this system and locking the value of the orders. Higher level players have so many high-value crafts available to them that they could easily set all their available buildings to crafting ahead of time and still not get the right item. This becomes even more frustrating and stressful when, by the end of the event, those high-value crafts which players have spent hours crafting, barely move the bar along to 100%.

Instead of this system, please consider locking the order values in from the start of the event to the end. A 5-ribbon order could fulfill 10% of the day's requirement, while a 1-ribbon order could fulfill only 2%. Though there might be concern that this would make the event too easy for higher level players, there remains the issue of time required to craft the 5-ribbon items, many of which require lower-value items to be crafted first (many of which require a lot of time to craft as well) to provide the ingredients for the higher value recipes, as well as the sheer number of crafts available now to sustain the challenge and difficulty of the event for all players.

Also, there are the ongoing requirements of the trucks to slow down players as they juggle space requirements, ingredient availability, and building activity against County Fair orders.

I have not noticed an increase in quantities for the County Fair orders, but that is another possibility to increasing the difficulty of order fulfillment. A request for 25 Bread might on the surface not equate in value to a single Dollhouse, but it would take nearly as long to craft, and the burden of finding space in the barn for all the Bread could offset the significantly greater availability of Wheat Flour or Bread in the Newspaper and Side Shops than of the Dollhouse or its ingredients, and the commitment of 2 buildings (Windmill and Bakery) would offset the ready availability of Wheat by removing two buildings from use for other orders. I would not say that a 25-Bread order would be valued at 5 ribbons, but it might be comparable to a 3-ribbon order of smaller quantities but greater complexity.

I know it's too late to change things now, but I hope that future County Fair events might offer other alternatives to the current sliding scale of order value.

Why have they made it impossible to win events without spending large amounts of money. You used to be able to make it through the fairs and win. Now after you reach 1/2 way they reduce the points by 1/3 for all the items you send. With other events they have made the requirements so large that you cannot reach the prize. Bring back the old formula where it was hard and challenging but you would win (without spending tons of money)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12