Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Update: January 27th 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWished View Post
    Don't hold your breath.

Too bad we can't switch pieces between games. My Greek baker at BS wants to sell his shop and move to RS.
    Lol really. They should just combine the games, release all past content, give us past goals for a few gems and then go on vacation with the windfall for a month

Executive Chef
    so, table, stool, oven and 1 wall decoration? yikes.

not that fond of the food either. i feel like there were more options available, although i do like when they add salads to the game, as those tend to be colorful on the counters.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    so, table, stool, oven and 1 wall decoration? yikes.

not that fond of the food either. i feel like there were more options available, although i do like when they add salads to the game, as those tend to be colorful on the counters.
    There isn't enough enjoyable food now! All I want is a goal to be completed to get the oven with the winter Cake.
    Storm 8!

Is this all for the update??? Oh man lol

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    And the circle of recycled themes is complete.

Really hope S8 doesn't continue this in February

EDIT: Okay, having had the chance to look at the preview in more detail, I figured I'd share some more thoughts.

I really really like the column stools I think they're cute and would work nicely with the other column floor decorations that are already in the game. I hope they won't be for gems.

I also really like that we're getting Greek Salad (presumably) as a recipe. With how many salad recipes we have now, it's inspired me to eventually try out a salad bar theme in my restaurant. The other recipes (gyro and moussaka?) also look good, but I wish the moussaka, or the recipe that's being served in what looks to be a baking pan, were served in a serving bowl instead. We've been getting a lot of countertop recipe servings recently that are being presented in pans, or baking sheets, or other cookware items, and I wish it would stop. It's not like our dishwashers are complaining, after all

Also glad to see the Laurel Leaves back. It looks like they've been stretched out a bit since their initial appearance in RS, and it's nice to see that they're taking up the whole wall panel.

The major concern I have is that there doesn't seem to be much in the preview The lack of floor decorations make this appear to be a really light update, and there's a lot that could have been done with this theme: a background overlooking buildings and boats, like this:

Mosaic tile flooring, Greek friezes for the wall, Greek pottery as a floor decoration, Greek statues, maybe a Greek temple as a 4x4 piece, etc.

However, themes have been revisited before in Restaurant Story (French and Chinese being the most obvious, but I think Italian has had more than one update as well), and I hope this becomes one of them. I honestly would love a set of Greek-themed goals

Overall, I'm looking forward to this update. Despite the low number of items, I feel like I could combine what will be added with what's already on the market to decorate my restaurant well, and that's always a plus for me.

Still disappointed about the BS-RS-theme-cycling, though, and still hoping February is a different story (no pun intended) for both games.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 01-26-16 at 09:54 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    Glad to see Restaurant Story has copied Bakery with the greek update
    I thank them for coming up with a Greek update for RS, but yes. After this they should stop recycling things between the games. At least we are getting a little bit of world variety

Updates look decent and I'm happy for a new appliance. Hopefully there's more decor.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    Meh, I dont see any update at all now. No new ovens, no new decorations, Nothing!
    Storm 8!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 214sed View Post
    Meh, I dont see any update at all now. No new ovens, no new decorations, Nothing!
    The update is not due for another 4 hours or so approximately.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Rhino Keeper
    The stuff will look great... including the ovens!
    Storm 8!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast