Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Bakery Update: January 26th 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by taoyingying View Post
    I swear over my 21 years of life in China, I've never heard of Deep-fried souffl banana and Banana roll (and the banana roll picture looks like red bean roll to me). And I've lived in multiple cities and ate sinful amount of dessert/dimsum We do have Caramelized stuff, but traditional ones are Caramelized sweet potato and Caramelized apple. (Actually I don't think banana would taste good caramelized, because it gets too soft when in heat.) None of those are traditional Chinese dessert. Someone with too many banana at hand invented them

Back on topic... Bought the 4x4 display and the neon dragon and that's it. The 3x3 dragon looks ok, but I don't have any place to put it. I've redecorated my bakery to Oriental design (Chinese/Japanese) in prep for the new year! I'm so ready Of course I bought the new ovens too, but I'm not going to start cooking them. People will think I'm lunatic if they see me cooking mooncake for new year :lol:
    Both the souffl? ball and caramelized banana are originated in Beijing and the banana rolls from Hong Kong/ Macau. It depends on how you define "traditional" but the souffl? balls are named after 高力士 (Gao Lishi) so if you've done Chinese history you should know how long that would date back to :P. The banana rolls are a must-buy if you're visiting Macau. All of these are available in Hong Kong (do visit when you've time )

I'm glad they brought back the Lucky Fountain - am definitely getting that!

Executive Chef
    Someone should probably update the first post of this and the update post in rs with the update pics please.

I thought maybe the rose oven would be back to buy

Rhino Keeper
    Its a great oven. But the oven might of been before Chinese New year. I delete of oven after Chinese New Year.
    Storm 8!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Someone should probably update the first post of this and the update post in rs with the update pics please.
    Yes please! Why hasn't this been done?
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 214sed View Post
    Its a great oven. But the oven might of been before Chinese New year. I delete of oven after Chinese New Year.
    Sorry guys! I have been busy. I will try to update post 1. For future updates to avoid issues, see this new announcement

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....es-Chat-Thread!

Hopefully future update threads will run more smoothly.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Sorry guys! I have been busy. I will try to update post 1. For future updates to avoid issues, see this new announcement

Thanks. Sorry the someone I meant was the thread starter, but thank you for doing it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

Thanks Kooky for updating first post, but can you add the other new content/decor from update posted in this thread to first post as well. Sorry my pics on my first post was not visible, unnamed photosharing site was down. They are visible now though =)
    Last edited by pcabral03; 01-30-16 at 02:47 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Seems as if they changed the name of "Mooncake" to "Lunar Cake"

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415