Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Step 3 of 6 in Pressing Matters

Rhino Keeper
    On step 4--making the raisin bread. I currently show that I have made 3/4. In my inventory, I had only 1. I hit "Give" and that one registered, yet I still show that I have made 3. I have one cooking in my kitchen with another set to go and raisins to make a third.

I have made two, so both counts are wrong--one more in the made count than I actually did make and one I made is not available to give. When I picked up the second one, I hit the button to make two more, then when I checked my count of what I've made, it showed the three. I thought that was weird. And I'm annoyed, to say the least, at the 4 1/2 hours per raisin bread, to have one of them not in the inventory to give.

I did not start making any before I reached this stage. I'm playing on an iPhone 5S and I'm not sure what version of FS2 I'm playing, but I do update it whenever one comes out. I see 2 2.2 at the bottom of the FAQs, but that may apply only to the Q/As.

Rhino Keeper
    I thought the "made" count didn't go up until we COLLECTED an item. Is it going up when one is actually cooking? (That would explain the discrepancy with how many I've made--two fully made and one still cooking.)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I thought the "made" count didn't go up until we COLLECTED an item. Is it going up when one is actually cooking? (That would explain the discrepancy with how many I've made--two fully made and one still cooking.)
    If I read your first post correctly, you didn't make the raisin bread before the goal unlocked, but is it possible you may have bought it in the someone's store or from the newspaper (I think I remember Stormie offering at least one of the grape-related items in my game)? If so, then that 1 would not have counted towards the goal. However, you COULD "give" it for the goal, and it would have counted (as you say it did). Also, the 1 you committed to making after the goal unlocked DID count towards the goal, making it 1/4, and then when you committed to making 2 more, those registered as well, raising the numbers to 3/4.

It would seem that the count IS registering as soon as we commit ingredients to crafting the item, since--as we cannot cancel or recall those items--we will eventually have that item available.

Rhino Keeper
    Looks like my counters may now be working so maybe the reinstall worked. Am now @ 6/9 on the make and 8/9 for give on the grape cider. The make count does go up as soon as you start to make anything. As soon as I get one more batch of grapes and get cider cooking, I will gem my way out of step 3. and hope that step 4 works much better.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    If I read your first post correctly, you didn't make the raisin bread before the goal unlocked, but is it possible you may have bought it in the someone's store or from the newspaper (I think I remember Stormie offering at least one of the grape-related items in my game)? If so, then that 1 would not have counted towards the goal. However, you COULD "give" it for the goal, and it would have counted (as you say it did). Also, the 1 you committed to making after the goal unlocked DID count towards the goal, making it 1/4, and then when you committed to making 2 more, those registered as well, raising the numbers to 3/4.

It would seem that the count IS registering as soon as we commit ingredients to crafting the item, since--as we cannot cancel or recall those items--we will eventually have that item available.
    AFTER this goal opened for me I made a raisin bread and collected it. I knew to wait for the goal to open or they do not count. I made and collected a second raisin bread and started two more. When I checked my inventory in my barn, I had only one raisin bread despite having made TWO AFTER the goal started. One of them did not register when I collected it. I was able to give only one toward the goal two.

I have not even seen any grapes, raisins, grape cider or raisin bread to purchase and have not bought any.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by driver1711 View Post
    Looks like my counters may now be working so maybe the reinstall worked. Am now @ 6/9 on the make and 8/9 for give on the grape cider. The make count does go up as soon as you start to make anything. As soon as I get one more batch of grapes and get cider cooking, I will gem my way out of step 3. and hope that step 4 works much better.
    Great to hear that your counters are working properly now.

Grand Emperor
    The Make Counter increases when you click to make a goal item in the machine. The Give Counter increases when you click [Give] to submit the goal item(s) in your barn. They dont do anything when you collect these items.

AFTER this goal opened for me I made a raisin bread and collected it. I knew to wait for the goal to open or they do not count. I made and collected a second raisin bread and started two more. When I checked my inventory in my barn, I had only one raisin bread despite having made TWO AFTER the goal started. One of them did not register when I collected it. I was able to give only one toward the goal two.

I have not even seen any grapes, raisins, grape cider or raisin bread to purchase and have not bought any.
    Can you reinstall your game? Regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2, Holiday Harvest is v2.3 and IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    The Make Counter increases when you click to make a goal item in the machine. The Give Counter increases when you click [Give] to submit the goal item(s) in your barn. They dont do anything when you collect these items.

Can you reinstall your game? Regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2, Holiday Harvest is v2.3 and IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.
    I made another raisin bread, everything has now counted, and I've finished the goal without having to reinstall and with no more disappearing. So far the tarts have registered when I've clicked to make them (2--1 started and 1 in the queue). Thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Great to hear that your counters are working! Just a suggestion, I am not sure if you want to reinstall just in case. Well, grapes take 2 hours to harvest, dont want you to take the chance if you know what I mean. But it's entirely your call. Good luck and have fun with your event.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12