Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: Main Guide

Grand Emperor
    Features Currently Unavailable On Android Devices

Some features are currently unavailable on Android devices. Here's a current list of iOS only features:

• Truffle Forest / Hunting
    • Piper's Treehouse Game
    • Hot Air Balloon
    • Regular Pet and Habitat Storage
    • Otter Collection
    • World Event Community Prizes
    • County Fair Events
    • Wishing Well / Charmed Coin
    • Building Skins
    • Watercress
    • The Farmers' Market / Craft Machines Boosts / Ore Vein / Salvage Yard / Smokehouse / Hickory Tree
    • Leaderboard Events / Spin to Win
    Last edited by Paul__; 11-23-21 at 10:08 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Gems

How can I get more gems?
    You can get gems by purchase, sending your trains or from game downloads. Sometimes you get an occasional gem from mining, collecting from your pets, turning in your Butterfly collection, etc.
    Buy gems
    You can get more Gems by tapping the [Add] button next to the [Gems] icon at the top of the screen. Once you tap this [Add] button, you will be able to select from several Gem offers available for purchase.

Send trains
    Send more trains to earn gems. Use the Train Orders List to stock up your barn/silo to send 2 full trains daily to earn more gems.

Show Ponies
    Show ponies are pets that give gems for every time you collect from them. These pets cost more than others and can only be purchased in the Market, but give you a guaranteed 15 gems every week. For more information see the Show Pony section of the Pets Guide.

Other games goals
    You sometimes get goals to download and play other Storm8 games in your goal list. Download and play these games to be rewarded with gems.

When you get this game goal prompt in Farm Story 2, do not install the new game immediately. You should check your other Storm8 games and see they get this prompt. This way, you will get the gem/gold rewards in your other games as well.

Tips to minimise accidental use of gems
    Your farm layout is very important to avoid gem accidents. Try out some of these suggestions and see if they help.

1. Never put fruit trees and growing ash trees next to craft buildings or places where you frequently click. Put these trees to a safe area.
    2. Always use bucket to collect from trees and animals (instead of clicking on them).
    3. During truffles hunt and mining, always be conscious of your remaining tries to avoid clicking on extension with 15 gems.
    4. Place herb garden and bee hive away to places where you are unlikely to click. Same thing for show pony stables, it's 50 gems for speeding up.
    5. When cooking or crafting items, don't speed clicks in case you don't have enough ingredients and end up wasting gems.
    6. Always use single click, never double click in game. It doesn't work like the double click we often do on our computers.
    7. Never play when you are tired or in a hurry. You tend to click super fast.
    8. Play with your left hand if you are right handed (vice versa).
    Last edited by Paul__; 11-23-21 at 09:58 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Regarding In-App Purchases

If This Is A Free Game Why Was I Charged?
    Storm8 Studios games are free to download and play. We offer optional products through in-app purchases that serve to enhance various aspects of gameplay.

I Made An Unintentional Purchase, What Can I Do?
    For your security and protection, Apple handles all aspects of these transactions. You will need to contact Apple directly if you wish for a refund on these transactions.

I Do Not Want To Pay Money Ever. How Do I Prevent Myself From Making Unintentional Purchases?
    There is a way to restrict In-App Purchases on your device. On your device, please go to Settings Menu -> General -> Restrictions option. You can then simply turn off In-App Purchases under "Allowed Content".

Please read the Regarding In-App Purchases thread for more information.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-15-16 at 05:24 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Game Version

You should always use the latest game version as there may be fixes and new updates. Using an outdated version may cause unforeseen issues to your game.

To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed

To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on Farm Story 2 app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Discussion thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...y-2-App-Update
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-29-18 at 08:34 AM.

Grand Emperor
    New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a new farm on your new device or transfer your current farm to it.

To set a new farm:
    1. Download Farm Story 2 unto your new device.
    2. Start playing on your new farm. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current farm to your new device:
    - Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
    You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device. Since Farm Story 2 does not have the login feature, you will need to use any game, except Restaurant Story 1, listed on Post 1 of the Login Feature thread instead.

Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature thread.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.
    Or you can post in Logging in with different device? for assistance.

Note:
    (1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
    Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
    • Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
    • Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
    • Clear cache
    • Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
    • Restart device
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-28-16 at 10:23 PM.

Troubleshooting for Frequent Issues

I can't feed one of my animals.
    • Your animal is ready to be collected from! Use the collection bucket to collect your rewards.

I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • You may have too many crafts read to be collected in front of your buildings. Try collecting some and see if you continue to have errors.
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

My Prize Machine numbers aren't accurate.
    • When you purchase a bundle containing event currency your currency will not immediately update in the Prize Machine dialog. Force close the game and restart it to update it.
    • When you purchase items with Gems while viewing the Prize Machine dialog, your Gem amount will not update to show the decreased amount. Force close the game and restart it to update it.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-28-16 at 08:03 PM.

Grand Emperor
    What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

iOS General Issues
    If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    • Restart your device
    • Delete and reinstall the game
    • Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
    1. Force shut game
    2. Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
    3. Switch off device
    4. Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
    5. Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
    6. Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
    Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
    • Store away some (if not all) animated decorations on your farm
    • Avoid running other apps in the background
    • Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
    • Reduce the number of neighbours if you have close to a thousand
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
    1. Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    2. Restart device and game
    3. Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
    Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
    • If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
    • You can force save your game progress by visiting another farm, clicking on your newspaper or clicking Social/Community.
    • Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.

Cant Access Certain Games Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    It's very likely an ISP issue if it occurs only during specific hours of the day and if they are able to play on other networks (cellular, other wifi).

I've posted instructions and encourage players to send in their results so that we can investigate their accounts individually. They'll need access to a computer that's connected to the wifi they're having the issue with.

For WINDOWS:
    1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 2 bakery.teamlava.com > "%userprofile%\desktop\SOPoutput.txt"

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the SOPoutput.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

5. Send a forum PM to Elsa with the ticket number.

For MAC:
    1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
    This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter

traceroute -w 300 bakery.teamlava.com > Desktop/mactrace.txt
    It may take sometime to finish that command.

3. Attach the mactrace.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

5. Send a forum PM to Elsa with the ticket number.

As a potential work-around for wifi only, they can try this (at own risk) to see if it's a DNS issue. It's the public Google DNS.

For Android:

Go to Settings > Wifi > press down on your Wifi network and tap "Modify Network Config"
    Scroll to the very bottom and tap "Show Advanced Options"
    In the IP Settings box labeled DHCP, tap and change it to Static
    Scroll down to DNS 1 and DNS 2.
    Delete what's in the box and put 8.8.8.8 in the box.
    Once you've made the change, hit save.

For iOS:

Go to Settings > Wifi > tap your Wifi network
    Tap on DNS
    Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-29-16 at 04:18 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Frequently asked questions

Why can't I build any more plots or a specific buildings?
    Plots and some buildings have restrictions on the number which you're allowed to have for a specific level. If you are unable to place any more of a specific item, you'll need to level up in order to unlock the ability to place more.

How can I get more gems?
    You can get more Gems by tapping the [Add] button next to the [Gems] icon at the top of the screen. Once you tap this [Add] button, you will be able to select from several Gem offers available for purchase.

How do I increase my level?
    To increase your level, you have to earn experience points. There are a number of ways you can do this:
    • Harvest your crops
    • Tend animals and trees
    • Complete deliveries at the Delivery Warehouse
    • Craft goods in your buildings

It says my barn or my silo is full - what now?
    You can upgrade the capacity on your Barn and Silo so you can store more items!
    - Tap on your Barn or Silo on the game board.
    - Tap the green "Upgrade Capacity" button.
    - Use parts to upgrade the building and increase your storage capacity.

How do I get building parts? What about expansion parts?
    Get building parts by completing deliveries. You may also find them while clearing the trees, rocks, and shrubs around your farm. Get expansion parts by completing deliveries.

How do I move items?
    Items can be moved by tapping the Edit button on the screen and then tapping the item you wish to move. You can drag the item to a new position and tap the green check mark when its in an eligible place that you're happy with. Alternatively, you can enter edit mode by holding down on any building.

How do I remove items from the game board?
    Enter edit mode by tapping on the Edit button on the screen. Tap the item you wish to remove, and then tap the open cellar that appears above the item. Items like Buildings and Animal Pens cannot be removed from the game board.

How do I sell items?
    If you would like to sell an item, tap the edit button on the screen and then tap the item you wish to sell. You will see a Sell button next to the item. Be careful before you decide to sell anything though, you may have to work hard to get it again, and some rewards you won't be able to win a second time.

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' privacy policy?
    Our privacy policy is available at https://storm8-studios.com/privacy

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' terms of service?
    Our terms of service is available at https://storm8-studios.com/terms

My Question Wasn't Answered Here, What Can I Do?
    Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with a description of your problem. Please include your User ID and Level to help them in answering your question.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-28-16 at 08:14 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Forum

Add Me
    You can add your Storm8 ID and find others looking for neighbours in the Add Me forum.

Game Guides
    Looking for gameplay guides to build your Farm? Check out the game guides in Farm Story 2 | Game Guides

Event and Goal Guides
    Looking for event and goal guides to build your Farm? Check out the game guides in Farm Story 2 | Event and Goal Guides

Discussion
    Join in the discussions with the rest of the Farm Story 2 community in Farm Story 2 | Discussions forum.

Please check to see if there is any existing thread before you start a new thread of the same topic, to avoid duplicate threads.

Suggestions & Feedbacks
    Give your feedback and share your suggestions in Farm Story 2 | Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Bugs and Issues
    Report a bug/issue
    If you are experiencing issues, you may like to
    If you would like to report a bug or issue, please make sure to include the following:
    1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number (check under settings-device)
    2. Your game version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. A screenshot of the problem if possible/applicable (How To A Post Photo On The Forum)

You can either post in one of the following:
    (i) Farm Story 2- Current Bugs and Issues thread
    (ii) existing thread of the same problem
    (iii) start a new thread

Before you start a new thread, please check to see if there is any existing thread of the same problem as yours to avoid duplicate threads.

Check your game version
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Forum Rules and Policies
    If you are like to know what are the dos and don'ts on the forum, please read the Forum Rules & Policies to find out more.

Forum Disputes
    Have a question about a staff or moderator action? Need to report a forum user? Post here! This forum IS NOT a game support channel.
    Last edited by Paul__; 11-23-21 at 10:00 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Support

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you require further assistance on your games, you can contact Support. Please make sure that you include your Storm8 ID, state which game you are having issues, description of the issues and screenshots, if any. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for Support to respond to your ticket. Do not spam responses on this ticket or create additional tickets regarding the same request, as doing so will reset your wait time.

Submit a Support Request
    1. Click on Support link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    2. Fill in the details in the Support Form
    3. Click [Submit] to send your request

Sign into Your Account
    1. Click [Sign in] at the top right of the Support Form screen to sign into your account
      (You'll get a pop up sign in screen)
    2. Enter your email address and password
      (Click [Sign up] if you don't have an existing account OR click [Get a password] if you don't have a password)
    3. Click [Sign in] to proceed

Check on Your Request
    1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen, once you have signed into your account
    2. Click [My activities] and you'll see a list of your requests including your ticket number and the status of your request

Last edited by Paul__; 11-23-21 at 10:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast